Launceston 0 Liskeard Athletic 0

Plymstock United 2 Saltash United 5

Division One

Camelford 2 Millbrook 5

St Austell 1 Roche 0

St Blazey 1 Bodmin Town 4

Edited by ECPL

Camelford V Millbrook

Tonight I have witnessed the worst referee performance and attitude I have seen in all my years involved in football and this is not a bias view as it was agreed by the Millbrook management team, say no more !! 

Camelford V Millbrook

Tonight I have witnessed the worst referee performance and attitude I have seen in all my years involved in football and this is not a bias view as it was agreed by the Millbrook management team, say no more !! 

I wasn't there but if you let 5 goals in at home perhaps the ref wasn't the only one having a poor performance. ............

Camelford V Millbrook

Camelford V Millbrook

I wasn't there but if you let 5 goals in at home perhaps the ref wasn't the only one having a poor performance. ............

Dave it can look that way but 4 definite penalty appeals all agreed by Millbrook, not 60-40 but 100%, 60-70 yards away from play, I could go on but I wouldn't have him doing a Sunday morning kick about. Best of luck to Millbrook who got 2 late goals as we pushed forward and glad we played a team who like ourselves put up with the poorest display I have ever seen as stated above

thats not like you al to come on here and moan about a match offical.

Mart I have tried to be diplomatic and believe me not said anything like I would like to but if he can referee in the East Cornwall League you can do the Premiership. Half a dozen games in Cornwall last night and..................going to bite my tongue

Edited by karaoke

He really has wound you up. 

Dave you have known me for a long time and it takes a lot to get me "wound up" but yes you are right. I don't mind mistakes, we are all human, I make enough when I am refereeing but I could write an essay on this but would just get into trouble. There are loads of great referees in Cornwall and I guess Millbrook and ourselves were just unlucky last night. One interesting point was that there were league officials there watching so they new how bad it was 

It is a Forum.

Karaoke has stated that he is unsatisfied with the referee's performance. He felt he had 4 good penalty claims and that the ref was too far away to give it. I wasn't there so I won't criticise those comments, but I recommend that Camelford make their experiences known to the League and CCFA. Perhaps this new Referee to ECFL needs some support in order to improve..?. ? 

What is welcoming is that the comments were specifically about performance. Most refs don't mind a bit of that, what we dislike is the offensive personal remarks and abusive behaviour that we sometimes see on social media - there is never any excuse for that and this is one of the reasons that we have shortages of Match Officials.

all over this forum there are unanswered requests from quality ECFL teams looking for a Club Assistant Referee. 

Karaoke has had many years of experience of refereeing quality Leagues so his opinion carries far more weight than those who simply come on here to let off steam. A game with an improving ref is better than no ref-no game.

mind you, I still reckon you cannot expect to climb the league table if you let in 5 goals at home ......! ?

I wasn't doubting his ability to speak knowledgably on the performance of the referee. Whether it is a forum or not has no relevance to my comment that it sounds like sour grapes. Maybe Karaoke is different and will always comment on the referee's performance regardless of his team's result but to someone who doesnt have an in-depth knowledge of Karaoke's posting history it does indeed look like sour grapes. 

I wasn't doubting his ability to speak knowledgably on the performance of the referee. Whether it is a forum or not has no relevance to my comment that it sounds like sour grapes. Maybe Karaoke is different and will always comment on the referee's performance regardless of his team's result but to someone who doesnt have an in-depth knowledge of Karaoke's posting history it does indeed look like sour grapes. 

I agree with you as well !! Lose 2-5 and blame the ref does not hold as much water as a last minute penalty decision that goes wrong or sending off the wrong guy or booking the same player three times before sending him off all in the same match.  (Yes, I really have seen that one!). 

score more than them, keep the ball, pass to someone you know, - can't go wrong !!! 

losing your place in the next round or losing your place on the league table because of a strange referee decision is one thing, letting in 5 goals at home on Matchday 4 is not worth upsetting anyone about. 

Just had an hour on the calculator, if you keep a clean sheet every week then you are guaranteed at least one point every week. If you keep the ball for 90 minutes then it doesn't matter how good the other team are or how bad the ref is. 

I am sure that I will be subjected to some critical comments during this season, it kinda comes with the territory, as long as it doesn't get personally offensive then I really don't mind Karaoke and several others stating an honest and objective opinion. 

I only have one question about this match that I wasn't at ; Did Millbrook get something right ? 

I agree with you as well !! Lose 2-5 and blame the ref does not hold as much water as a last minute penalty decision that goes wrong or sending off the wrong guy or booking the same player three times before sending him off all in the same match.  (Yes, I really have seen that one!). 

score more than them, keep the ball, pass to someone you know, - can't go wrong !!! 

losing your place in the next round or losing your place on the league table because of a strange referee decision is one thing, letting in 5 goals at home on Matchday 4 is not worth upsetting anyone about. 

Just had an hour on the calculator, if you keep a clean sheet every week then you are guaranteed at least one point every week. If you keep the ball for 90 minutes then it doesn't matter how good the other team are or how bad the ref is. 

I am sure that I will be subjected to some critical comments during this season, it kinda comes with the territory, as long as it doesn't get personally offensive then I really don't mind Karaoke and several others stating an honest and objective opinion. 

I only have one question about this match that I wasn't at ; Did Millbrook get something right ? 

I have really tried not to be personal, no names mentioned just very unhappy, the Millbrook manager (who was also displeased ) even said in front of him to me "well you were certainly robbed tonight" The last thing I really want to do is comment on referees because I know its a hard job and yes Millbrook did do something right, they scored five ! 

Please stop deflecting the point away from the officlals conduct and the scoreline.   Karaoke has given his opinion on a referee not about the game.  Still Millbrook might have a question to ask as his next match in charge is St Austell v Millbrook.