Cornwall Football Forum

Oh dear! Another refereeing situation

Taken off the SWPL Forum :

another ref lost ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was talking to a fellow ref today who is now thinking of packing it in because of the way he was treated.

And no it was nothing to do with players, no it was by a fellow ref and someone called Alan wallace.

the ref concered was due to take charge of bovey tracy v east allington in the south devon premier league, but he then gets a call from a ref to say he is on the line at buckland v tavistock.

now the concered ref is not registered on assisants list on the peninsula league, so he rightly tells the ref on the phone that he is doing a south devon game.

the next call he gets is one from alan wallace, telling him if he doe not do the game he will be suspended from reffing! end result, two teams end up without an official. come on mr wallace we are not on a contract to the fa, and certainly not to you, i think an apology is in order from you and the referee who called him, dont you think?

:o

Guest Grandson of Jimbo

Oh dear,oh dear,oh dear indeed.As has been stated on this site that the appointments officers in the East and West (especially) have a difficult job finding and sorting out referees,then why oh why does Alan Wallace continue to pee Refs off,he seems to be a law unto himself and a bit of a bully,i am sure when the CFA get wind of this he should be repremanded for his behaviour,but all this has been said before on here hasnt it? ;)

.......he is not a big enough man to admit he was ever wrong or apologise to refs he has driven out of the game ,and County won`t do anything about it .......

I know from personal experience with him as I used to ref 80-90 games a year until Alan made a totally false allegation about me which I have since proved at CCFA to be a load of rubbish .......but am still waiting for his apology :angry::angry::angry:

Not only has he driven me out of the game through his own ignorance but even more clubs now in junior leagues fail to get a referee for their matches .

POWER MAD SPRINGS TO MIND :ninja::ninja: :ninja:

Ah Mr wallace once again endearing himself to cornish football. I know for a fact that the ccfa have received numerous complaints about him over the last few years but yet seem to do nothing about it. We keep getting reminded that as clubs we must be responsible in the way we conduct ourselves towards referees, but yet this guy seems to be far more responsible for the shortage of referres than the behaviour of some clubs and individuals. Just one little point for people to take notice of, just keep your eye on how many times his beloved Marazion are ever without a referee!! ;)

Dave: Alan Wallace is very helpful to you in providing you the correct information and monthly refs appointments as you told us, but, what do you think of the way he carried out this task of threatening a ref with suspension if he does not do an assistants job when he is clearly not down for doing that aspect of the job?

Do you think its fair that a ref is now considering is reffing future because of the way he was spoken to?

After all thats what this topic is about the way he treated the referee in question. Should it have been carried out in a better/more professional manner? should the ref now be given an apology?

With so many complaints about Mr Alan Wallace on here so quick how come no one has thought to push this further with CFA?

I dont know him and never met him so not in the posistion to judge him. But does not seem like a nice character by the comments made by others.

Obviously people have different opinions of other individuals - and are entitled to them - but a referees appointment officer must be able to control where referees are officiating. The SWPL has to have 3 officials, as it's a contributory league: if one drops out, they have to be replaced. Perhaps the Referee concerned was wrong to refuse the switch? Anyway, I totally agree with Anita - this forum is not the place to "slag off" individuals: if you want to tell others what you think of them, tell them in person or on the 'phone! Others don't necessarily share your opinions and may have no desire to read them.

Guest Grandson of Jimbo

I think the problem here is that the Ref in question is not on the list of assistants to cover the SWPL he mentioned that when asked about the game,but was then told if he didnt do it he would be suspended for not covering the game,so by being honest he has ended up being bullied?

Is this a proper way to treat one of the dwindling band of matchday Officials? :glare: