Cornwall Football Forum

ILLOGAN 7-3. CARHARRACK

Oxland Park was looking lovely for this pre season friendly between the two clubs first teams although both sides had several regulars missing today. Nevertheless it was a really entertaining game to watch and well contested, a few needless tackles but referee Ian Roberts was spot on which let the game flow.  Strange one really as Carharrack took the game to their higher league opponents and raced into a 3-0 lead within half an hour playing some lovely one touch short passing football. A penalty bang on half time was a turning point as Illogan went on to dominate the second half. I'm sure both Mikey and Harry will take some positives and negatives out the game. Nice to see some old friends today. Lovely day for watching football!! 

ILLOGAN. (1)  7  Dan Richards 3(1pen), Ashley Smeeth, Tom Hogarth,  Bobby Staton, ?

CARHARRACK  (3)  3  Jack Rapsey (2). James Davies

Illogan have lost 19 players in total from last season throughout 3 teams. Including at least 11 from the First team. Luckily Illogan have a bit youth and contacts throughout football past and present who can help when available to keep a great club running and competing when necessary. Long live Illogan. A very difficult season ahead but we will be there.

Thanks Matt! Yeah he's a good lad mate. Just hope he enjoys his football as much as I have over the years. Apart from the knackered knees now it was a privilege to have played in some of the teams and with those great players who made it easy for you. Can't go anywhere from Penzance to Bristol these days without seeing someone I know through football. Mrs loves it mate!!!  ? Wish I was 16 again bud!!! ?

Edited by RAPPO

Thanks Matt! Yeah he's a good lad mate. Just hope he enjoys his football as much as I have over the years. Apart from the knackered knees now it was a privilege to have played in some of the teams and with those great players who made it easy for you. Can't go anywhere from Penzance to Bristol these days without seeing someone I know through football. Mrs loves it mate!!!  ? Wish I was 16 again bud!!! ?

​Stone ??:yahoo: