Cornwall Football Forum

Mining League Results - 13 Oct 2007

75 mins of The General in Goal very funny.......

Polish ref.......very different

1 more point .....very proud!

Good showing by Porteath Reserves afterwards too, all stayed and had a beer.

Good result for the 1st 11, I know thats sounds daft 1 - 0 at the turn and only loosing by 5 is a big change from the expected. I am sure that some would have expected a cricket score.

Well done Rhondda and the boys!

Guest postman pat

MINING 3

TITANS 3 TMS res 3

good game both sides played some good football in the right spirit. shame TMS did not come into the clubhouse as we had laid on food for them <_< poor show

Portreath 1st 5 Gulval 0

Portreath 2nd 0 Gulval 0

Tell you what Meady, a huge thankyou from me and the rest of Gulval reserves for the spirit and attitude that your reserves played with yesterday afternoon. Lets just say that the General is right when he describes the Polish ref as "different". There were some puzzling and laughable decisions made BUT in the end we were all laughing and joking about it in sheer disbelief. Still, sometimes in mining three you're just happy to have a ref and for that we must be greatful.

It was a very enjoyable game played with the right attitude throughout and it was a pleasure to buy the skipper a pint after the game as a way of saying thanks for an enjoyable afternoon. It was made even more enjoyable because "The General" made me skipper for the day and all I heard all the way through the game from the defence and midfield was "Somebody has got to pick up or get on that number 12 because everything is going through him". I AM NUMBER 12 :o .. Must have had a decent game <_< . Even tried and almost scored with an audacious overhead kick. :clapper:

Guest Football Monkey

Cheers for the comments coopsie. Although we would always prefer 3 points, I think the spirit from both sides during the game was excellent. It could so easily have turned into a farce, but thankfully the players just got on with the game.

Look forward to the return fixture where i'll get you a pint.

MINING DIV 1.

Halsetown 0, Trevenson 0

Illogan 6, Goonhavern 0.

Portreath 5, Gulval 0.

St Ives Town 0, Gwinear 4.

Spice of Life 3, Redruth Utd 1.

Storm 1, Robartes 4.

Troon v Holmans -OFF- Holmans unable to raise a side.

DIV 2.

Illogan 7, Goonhavern 3.

Madron v Newlyn N.A. -OFF- No Pitch available due to recent vandalism.

Mount Ambrose 4, Halsetown 3.

Mousehole 2, Four Lanes 2.

New Park Rgs 2, St Buryan 3.

S.O.M. v Marazion -OFF- No Referee.

St Agnes v Sennen -OFF- St Agnes unable to raise a side.

Trispen 15, Ludgvan 1.

DIV 3.

Crown Inn Glory 3, Chacewater 4.

Gulval 0, Portreath 0.

Newlyn N.A. 3, Storm 3.

Pendeen 3, Madron 9.

St Buryan 1, Cornish New Boys 0.

St Ives Mariners 3, Redruth Utd 2.

Titans 3, Threemilestone 3.

Cheers for the comments coopsie. Although we would always prefer 3 points, I think the spirit from both sides during the game was excellent. It could so easily have turned into a farce, but thankfully the players just got on with the game.

Look forward to the return fixture where i'll get you a pint.

Thanks Football Monkey but there's no need for thanks and there's certainly no need to get me a pint in return. Anyway, I was just standing in as skipper because our normal captain had to go and play in goal for our first team. I just felt that it was a nice personal touch and a way of saying thanks for not letting certain things ruin the game. It's always appreciated when a good sporting team comes to our little club and I just figured that the only way I could show my grattitude for your teams superb sportsmanship, was to get the captain a pint. Believe me, if I wasn't a tight ass Spurs fan, I'd have probably got the whole team a pint.

Compliments to your manager aswell because I know he was REALLY fuming and biting his tongue every time that ref blew his whistle and he did superbly to keep himself under control. :clapper: