DUCHY LEAGUE 3

:clapper: Roche entertain Lewdown Rovers at Trezaise,2-30pm ko, a much improved performance from the home side following their recent win against Gerrans where the scoreline didnt reflect the game,but a wins a win,need to play in the league as we do in the cup,also two new signings will be on show,we welcolme back Ryan Clarke and debutant goalie Dan Hollyoak

Bodmin Saints play Biscovey this weekend. On present form we should give them a seeing to but I'm not so sure that will happen. We've had three ten pluses in our last four games but lost last week in the Junior Cup. The defeat shouldn't affect us but you never know. Dave Jeffries has scored eight in three and a half games so far this season. He put away fifty two last season. I think that makes him one of the best junior strikers around but I might be a tad biased.

Guest johnner

Pablo,you guys definately deserved to whip our arses.You had passion and commitment,we had none.All the best for the season.Hopefully give you a better game at our place.

I don't see Biscovey being in any serious trouble, Johnner.

I'm told by the Saint's manager; 'Biscovey were sporting and good company at the Mason's Arms after the match.'

Good luck for the rest of the season.

By the way Lostwithiel and Queens Rangers drew 5 -5! Now that is a turn-up for the books.

No match report for Roche - Lewdown?

I get the impression you guys seem to think that it will be Lostwithiel and Saints running away with it. Surely there will be other teams that will have something to say about it. Hasn't this league and the ones you have come up through been ultra competitive right till the last games?

I totally agree with you, Left Peg. I don't see anyone running away with Div' 3. I think the rivalry is only because Lostwithiel, Biscovey and Saints all came up together. Results are showing to be pretty competitive overall.

As for Saints high-scoring; they have a top manager. He just won't let the team sit on their laurels. It's not a case of trying to embaress the opposition, just one of playing to their maximum for the whole ninety minutes. It's easy to turn off when three or four in front and it's just as easy to allow the opposition back in if you do so.

P

Biscovey didn't go up from four last year but I imagine that the local rivalry around your area is pretty strong, if Lostwithiel were still at the dragon maybe more so.

Just looking at the duchy website I'm surprised Bere Alston and Lanreath have had bad starts this year they were a match for anyone last year. I reckon things will settle into a pattern around January time when cups are out the way etc. Likewise interesting to see Newmoor up there and I hear Calstock is a tough place to go. Week St Mary haven't lost yet and are starting to hit some big scores. I reckon these teams will take points off you three.

What do you think guys?