Cornwall Football Forum

CORNWALL SUNDAY CUP 2ND ROUND DRAW

...EVENING ALL .......

Can anybody help me please ,

The Sunday Cup 2nd Round draw ( Sun 28th Oct ) was made at CCFA last Thursday night .......but as usual nothing posted on County website .........the place we are all told to look for anything to do with Cornish football, as it is informative and a superbly up to date site .....so the guff they spout goes :o:o:o

Does anybody know what the draw is so that SKY TV can arrange to cover the match of the round !!!! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: ...........or I can decide what game to watch !!!!

Any info would be appreciated folks .

...EVENING ALL .......

Can anybody help me please ,

The Sunday Cup 2nd Round draw ( Sun 28th Oct ) was made at CCFA last Thursday night .......but as usual nothing posted on County website .........the place we are all told to look for anything to do with Cornish football, as it is informative and a superbly up to date site .....so the guff they spout goes :o:o:o

Does anybody know what the draw is so that SKY TV can arrange to cover the match of the round !!!! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: ...........or I can decide what game to watch !!!!

Any info would be appreciated folks .

Guest Postie Pidge

Carlyon Arms v Colan

Duke of Cornwall v Queens Head

Falmouth Albion v Gloweth Utd

Halsetown Athletic v The Regent

St Breward v Packhorse Inn

Tregonissey WMC v Blue Anchor

Tremough v The Oxford

Wendron Utd v Booters

Guest el nino

Aye, it will be a tough game. Especialy down there, we will have to see what happens on the day. We could have had an easier draw, but like they say you gotta beat the big boys to get to the final. :thumbsup::yahoo::clapper: What do you think BillyM?????

YOU MUST BELIEVE IN YOUR SELFS. EL NINO. LOOK WHAT BOOTERS HAVE DONE TO T.M.S. IN THE SUNDAY CUP. LAST YEAR WE PLAYED BOOTERS AND ONLY JUST BEAT THEM 0-1 WITH 8 MINS TO GO.

WHEN WE WERE IN THE SECOND DIV. TWO SEASONS AGO. AND KNOCKED OUT TRURO RAIL AND T.M.S.

IT WAS FANTASTIC MORAL BOOSTER TO THE SQUAD. SO KEEP YOUR CHIN UP AS ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN FOOTBALL. ALL THE BEST . :clapper:

A good draw all round. I don't know much about the Eastern teams so tie of the round for me is Falmouth .v. Gloweth. I'm personally looking forward to a re-match with Tremough, had a bit of a football lesson from them in our league cup fixture, but i'm confident that if we can battle a little bit harder and stamp out one or two silly mistakes we'll definetly give a better account of ourselves. Still, some big league fixtures to look forward to before these games eh?

We have already beat Truro GWRSA, And drew with Trispen 1st FHL2. And we should go in to the game unbeaten all season! :yahoo::clapper::thumbsup:

El nino, I admire your spirit chap and your belief is a good thing for you and your club, I have now seen quite a few posts about how you beat Truro G.W.R.S.A & got a good result against Trispen but you forget to mention that when you beat Truro it was a pre-season friendly in which the Truro team had a bare 11 with no goalkeeper and not even half the side they have now, I don’t want to sound as though I’m making excuses here but you had a big squad that day but never the less you got a result and well done to you and the team that day, you forgot about the hammering Truro gave you last season in a friendly (I don’t think you played in that one).

I have seen a lot of posts from people lately about who is going to win what and I would be very careful about posting stuff like that, Come the end of the season the winners will be the team that were the best over the current season and that’s that, I would say there are no favourites in any of the competitions as it is far to early to be talking about winning trophies just yet, Last season Truro were pushed all the way for the league title by TMS & Falmouth Albion and I can assure you that both have very good sides and can hold there own in most leagues, To say that either of those sides will win everything is a bit OTT I should say and im sure teams like Tremough and others may have a say in that but given time we will see exactly who wins what.

Cup games as you all know are one off games that provide entertainment to the neutral and can cause a few upsets, Just look at any competitions history and you will always see upsets, How many people ever thought they would see a headline in the papers saying Greece win Euro 2004 because I didn’t, and what about Wrexham 2 Arsenal 1 in the f.a cup third round back in 1992 or even Man UTD 0 West Ham 1 (Di Canio) not so long ago and at old trafford, That as they say is the beauty of the cup games and anything is possible, Who knows you may beat Falmouth Albion but be aware that billym is a smart cookie and has a good squad of players so although you will have to be at your best either way I’m sure it will be a good game and good luck to all in the Sunday cup this season.

Just one more thing El nino, as I said in a post not so long ago I had been speaking to your then manager Andrew Lilly who had said to me that after a few teams had dropped out of division 1 at the end of last season had Gloweth been given the chance to step up he would have said no as he didn’t think the team were ready for that league, I see that you are doing well in the league below the likes of Truro & Falmouth & TMS so lets hope you carry that on and progress to next season in division 1 so that you can pit your wits against sides that have proven themselves over the last few seasons and have what it take to finish in the top 3 or 4 every year.

That’s not a jibe at you or your club chap as I have a feeling you will do well and good luck for the rest of the season fella. :clapper:

cockerkneeboy (guy is easier) that my friend is a great comment and you are right it is all on the day thats the beauty of the game all you need is lady luck along the way of a competion and get the right draw. and by the way are you mr jose'r in disguise he has a great memory to of what happened in such a year. by the way albion to win the county cup two years running. (i hope)

It's a shame you guys in the West Divisions seem to be kept away from our league (St Austell & Newquay) in the earlier rounds. I've played for the Carlyon Arms since 1993 and we hardly ever get a chance to pit our wits against you. We knocked out Truro GWRSA a couple of seasons back 11-1 and have played Oxford Inn pre-season for the last 3 years winning 15-0 in the 1st game, 7-2 this season (so they are getting better!) Perhaps a pre-season cup for the winner of each league would be a good idea?

Guest Postie Pidge

I'd like to see the Sunday Cup done on a county basis instead of regional. Although we've had some pastings at Probus and Fowey, it makes a nice change playing against new teams and new grounds.

Carbeile (Torpoint) came down to Mawnan a few seasons ago. I've always fancied playing up at St Breward on a Sunday morning!

We at the Oxford have enjoyed playing the Carlyon Arms over the past couple of seasons. That 15-0 score was the first game that we ever played, I remember it well cause I was in goal! Yes we've lost every game but there a good team and we are definately getting closer to them each time, if they were in Div 1 of the west Cornwall league think they would win it

A nice trip to St Breward would be good for you Pidge, don't think many of our guys would make it, they get lost going home most days, but it would be good to mix it with these teams from the East

I hope you don't think I was being disrespectful about beating you guys at Oxford. That first game we played we were half way through our season and hammering most teams. You guys had just put a team together and wanted to see how you would fare. When we started up the Carlyon Arms back in 93 we lost our 1st game 18-3! It made the papers as the team that beat us hadn't won a game the previous season or scored 18 goals! The game we played in August which we won 7-2 flattered us a bit, think you guys made a couple of changes after half time and we took advantage. It's a shame we've only been down to your place the once. We celebrated by letting off smoke flares when we went 1-0 up, the parents watching the kiddies game on the next pitch didn't know what was going on. To be honest, we put in that extra effort against the Oxford as it's league pride at stake.

Yeah no worries mate, no disrespect felt, really enjoyed the last game think the bigger pitch more suited you guys, but we gave it a go and it was a good test for some of our new players. We've been struggling a bit this season again down to some new players settling in, but even so ure probably better than any of the teams we face down here.

Hope to play u guys down at ours next time :clapper: :drink:

Hi, as manager of The Oxford FC I would just like to say that Carlyon Arms, in my opinion are by far the best team we have played in our three year history. We have played them every pre-season since we started as a club and they have been first class. Even though they have given us a few 'beatings!!' they have been great sports and play the game the way is should be played. I am sure we will probably come up against them in future pre-seasons and are guaranteed an enjoyable (results apart!) match.

I agree with Steve, if they were in west cornwall div 1 then I am sure they would win the league. Althought there are a couple of teams in this league that stand out (Truro abcdefgh......, TMS and Falmouth Albion), Carlyon Arms are, in my opinion the better side.

well lets see how carlyon arms do in the county cup this year cause i didn't see them in the final last year. must of been an off day for them. or was it a hangover

No, it's was down to us playing badly. Lost 4-2 away at Foxhole. We'll do our very best this year in the cup but we got Colan @ home next round and they'll give us a tough game. The good thing about our league this year is every team is capable of beating someone else. Colan who are bottom of our league beat Luxulyan who are top of our league in the last round. I'd love to see The Oxford get through and will keep an eye out for their result Sunday week

It's amazing how many teams were missing players when they lose! It's the most well worn excuse in Sunday league football and one we're more than happy to dust off when we come a cropper! We travelled to Colan with a bare 11 back in September (& with players missing) and came back from 2-1 @ half time to win 5-2. Colan are a much better side than a lot of people give them credit for and we won't be taking them lightly in our league game this Sunday or the County Cup the week after. Two seasons ago we had them in the league at home & won 15-1, the following week we had them in the cup semi and they beat us 4-3! What was Luxulyan's excuse for losing 4-2 at home to Treggy this weekend? Spoke to Tregonissey winger and he reckoned they were too cocky, thought as they had the only unbeaten record in our league the title was as good as theirs. We've yet to play Luxulyan. Never lost to them in 3 meetings but they're a very hard side to break down.

That's the wonderful thing about Sunday Football and Cup football inparticular, on the day in a one off game the best team wont always win, last season we played wendron in the county cup they hammered us for 90mins but we somehow won 2-1.

this time we've got Tremough and they thrashed us in the league a couple of weeks back but don't bet against us beating them on the day who know's but we will definately be well up for it

I'd like to see the Sunday Cup done on a county basis instead of regional. Although we've had some pastings at Probus and Fowey, it makes a nice change playing against new teams and new grounds.

Carbeile (Torpoint) came down to Mawnan a few seasons ago. I've always fancied playing up at St Breward on a Sunday morning!

All my Fault!

It used to be County wide from Round 1. Lots of clubs moaned that they sometimes had to travel from Penzance to Torpoint for a thrashing and so I suggested that the first round or so be regional.

It's one of the few times that CCFA has listened to me!

It did follow, after making a nuisance of myself at CCFA, Crowntown drew Torpoint, Downderry and Gunnislake away in successive seasons. We were not a good side and had no chance of winning any of those!

Take it all back about Colan. We get a call at 10am to say they won't be coming, only 5 players available, team hungover from watching rugby. Which team had players which didn't watch the rugby? We get the points but that's not the problem. We have 14 players turn up who still have to fork out £48 for the pitch and £21 for the ref. Next week we have them in the Sunday Cup, they'll turn up with all their ringers

Surely it would be better to turn up and lose than to take the easy way out and not even bother. Players look forward to playing, yes it's nice to get 3 points but it's better to play and earn them. Alot of people look forward to playing on a sunday morning and it cant be good if the other team cant even be bothered alot of work, time, and effort goes into sorting games out I think it's just disrespecfull

We will be chasing the cost either through the league or Colan themselves. We also feel it's not fair on the other teams in our league, we get an easy 3 points (though no added goal difference). Colan have always been the same, I've been playing against them for must be 10 years, from when they were based in Rose near Perranporth. Never travelled with enough players. You don't get any satisfaction beating 8 or 9 men.