Cornwall Football Forum

who has moved, who is thinking of moving and who is staying?

We are now at the time when players can sign on for the coming season. No doubt the clubs with the biggest budget, will sign the best players, but has there been any significant signings or rumours of signings yet?

I guess the title will be fought out between St Austell, Bodmin Town  and Plymouth Parkway. But could there be any surprises next season?

Edited by ontheball2014

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha ha I wish I was still playing. Just a watcher now. 10 years retired. Of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I was wondering how they formed that opinion  

i wish you were still playing you were terrible wasn't you! Arnt you Andrew moon(mooney) the ex torpoint assistant! How many goals did Scott blatchford score last year? Or are you only taking them launceston with you because there not from torpoint?

I love it how people feel the need to slate people in order to make themselves feel good!  Seems to be some bad blood against some lads leaving Torpoint? (If true)

Wasnt fuller player of the year? (1st season)

Blatchford before he got injured was key to how Torpoint played? 

Arscott played at this level for along time so surly deserves some respect! 

I love it how people feel the need to slate people in order to make themselves feel good!  Seems to be some bad blood against some lads leaving Torpoint? (If true)

Wasnt fuller player of the year? (1st season)

Blatchford before he got injured was key to how Torpoint played? 

Arscott played at this level for along time so surly deserves some respect! 

To be honest with you I was only joking I just wanted to make sure I was correct about it being Andrew and judging by the reaction he gave I must be right.

Edited by Marypoppins

Slightly getting off topic guys !! However ontheball2014, i think your comment is a fair point, but on the flip side is way off the mark. You don't have to pay players to have success, there are plenty of teams out there that don't pay players and have very good seasons. It should be all about the love of the game and not how many £'s your gonna get playing, some motives are questionable at times.

Edited by The Face
spelling mistake

We are in agreement. Being treated well is obviously a 2 way thing and works well when it happens. From a personal point of view, i was never paid to play at any level, i did because i love football and enjoyed other peoples company and hospitality at the clubs i played for.

We are in agreement. Being treated well is obviously a 2 way thing and works well when it happens. From a personal point of view, i was never paid to play at any level, i did because i love football and enjoyed other peoples company and hospitality at the clubs i played for.

Or you were never good enough to get payed 

yeah correct never good enough to get payed !!! hahaha. True, it should be down to the club how they spend there budget, but i think some players think they are bigger than they are and are payed big money when in fact they don't warrant it. Some big clubs are in financial hardship now due to the outlay of years gone by.

Who has moved? who is thinking of moving? and who is staying?.......and who cares????????

​But if a club has the money and wish to run a successful team, isnt it their perogative to pay the players the going rate?

​I never said anything about money bud, don't care if clubs are daft enough to spend more than they can win, that's up to them.

My comment was merely stating that it seems to be the same old players and clubs, on the same old merry go round every season.

No doubt a lot of the movement is to do with another fiver!!!! 

A cap on "wages" could be an idea, be can it really be regulated??

Yeah there are a few player movements, a couple have moved on from Launceston. Whilst Bovey Tracey seem to be rebuilding after relegation last season, with some possible good additions.

If true that Tom has gone to Newquay it will be a big loss for Pothleven and a big gain for Newquay. A quality player with the added bonus of being able to play a few different position and also boasting a lovely left foot just a shame he can't use his right tho. Wouldn't be surprised to see Jordan go there too but think he might be off to uni tho. A good move for both tho to go and try a higher level where they will both get game time.??

Ha ha I wish I was still playing. Just a watcher now. 10 years retired. Of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I was wondering how they formed that opinion

i wish you were still playing you were terrible wasn't you! Arnt you Andrew moon(mooney) the ex torpoint assistant! How many goals did Scott blatchford score last year? Or are you only taking them launceston with you because there not from torpoint?

​That would explain the comments from jft96 if this is true !! trying to stir things up I feel !! hahah silly

​That would explain the comments from jft96 if this is true !! trying to stir things up I feel !! hahah silly

Course it is true he hasn't showed his face since