Cornwall Football Forum

I would say matters concerning "who's in and who's not" are quite clear; Wendron promoted to SWPL and replaced by Perranporth; Troon relegated with Carharrack and Holman promoted from Trelawny League. 2 out & 3 in to give the maximum number of 20 teams for 2015/16 season. Have I missed something?

If two  two clubs to be promoted from the Trelawney League then  it should see two clubs relegated from the Combination league.(unless any club folded since the last AGM)

What does it say in the JCCL rule book?

So does that mean if Probus apply for a sideways move will the next to bottom JCCL club go down?

Edited by Mike Odgers

It's the Probus application that is making things unclear.

I think it's a case of a promoted side having preference over a sideways application 

​I agree with the Trelawney league winners being promoted. But the team in second having preference over a sideways application, as you put it Dave.

Is that fair ? The combo league need new blood. Not the same teams being promoted and relegated year after year.

It's the Probus application that is making things unclear.

I think it's a case of a promoted side having preference over a sideways application 

​I agree with the Trelawney league winners being promoted. But the team in second having preference over a sideways application, as you put it Dave.

Is that fair ? The combo league need new blood. Not the same teams being promoted and relegated year after year.

​I guess fairness doesn't really come into it. With a fluid promotion and relegation system in place, it's likely that there might be those clubs such as Holmans that all but sit in between the two levels - look at the Premier League, two of the 3 promoted last summer have been relegated. You could also say it's up to the other Trelawny Premier sides to up their game and thus become the "new blood".

As for Probus, it's unfortunate for them that a season when they wish to be considered clashed with 3 other clubs also wanting Combo football. What is probably as unfair is that they have to wait until the 18th June to be told they're not in, when surely a quiet word to them might forewarn them or at least suggest to them that as it stands, they sit last in the pecking list.

I agree with most of the above, perranporth choosing to come down a level back to where they fairly and squarly got promoted up from for their own reasons and should rightly be welcomed back. Carharrack winning the Trelawny Premier League as champions and apparantly already starting the required work needed on the dug outs at their impressive ground should quite rightly obviously be promoted. Wendron deservedly going up to have a crack at the higher level and leaving the combo with I'm sure everyone's best wishes. The dilemma is who gets the other spot?? To be fair to Probus they did actually have a promotion winning season and along with that a very good reserve team that won their league cup and promotion and also their u16 team won a strong Kernow Youth League at that level above talented teams such as Culdrose and Helston so it's a club on the up producing good players. With that in mind my vote if I had one would go to Probus. Holmans have been a bit of a yo yo combo club over the years with quite a lot of clubs in that area vying for the best players every season, even more so now with Redruth United coming very much to the fore in the last couple of seasons. To be fair to Holmans though if they were actually told a 3rd place Trelawny Premier league finish would be good enough to warrant a combination league spot at the seasons end then that has been achieved by them. To end argument maybe a 21 team league for one season only with 40 league games each utilising the many clubs who have lights in the league hosting some midweek combo league action for us followers to enjoy as opposed to peninsula stuff all the time!? Just stipulate before the start of next season that the bottom two clubs will be relegated with the only the Trelawny Premier champions promoted to bring it back to the tried and trusted over the years 20 team league which works! Everyone knows where they are then!! Here's to a clean slate and keep both clubs happy!?!

Sounds great...but!  The combo can't not change the amount of teams to 21 unless previously agreed at an AGM, this would of been last years AGM by the way! It'll be carharrack, holmans and perranporth as the newbies next season there's no real questioning that and I can't see why Probus would even have a say in it as promoted clubs have preference over sideways applicants.

i can't see why the members of the league wouldn't increase the number of teams though it'll have to be voted on, but the season was pretty much over for most clubs at the end of April! Get another couple of teams in and make the most of the football calendar!

I agree with most of the above, perranporth choosing to come down a level back to where they fairly and squarly got promoted up from for their own reasons and should rightly be welcomed back. Carharrack winning the Trelawny Premier League as champions and apparantly already starting the required work needed on the dug outs at their impressive ground should quite rightly obviously be promoted. Wendron deservedly going up to have a crack at the higher level and leaving the combo with I'm sure everyone's best wishes. The dilemma is who gets the other spot?? To be fair to Probus they did actually have a promotion winning season and along with that a very good reserve team that won their league cup and promotion and also their u16 team won a strong Kernow Youth League at that level above talented teams such as Culdrose and Helston so it's a club on the up producing good players. With that in mind my vote if I had one would go to Probus. Holmans have been a bit of a yo yo combo club over the years with quite a lot of clubs in that area vying for the best players every season, even more so now with Redruth United coming very much to the fore in the last couple of seasons. To be fair to Holmans though if they were actually told a 3rd place Trelawny Premier league finish would be good enough to warrant a combination league spot at the seasons end then that has been achieved by them. To end argument maybe a 21 team league for one season only with 40 league games each utilising the many clubs who have lights in the league hosting some midweek combo league action for us followers to enjoy as opposed to peninsula stuff all the time!? Just stipulate before the start of next season that the bottom two clubs will be relegated with the only the Trelawny Premier champions promoted to bring it back to the tried and trusted over the years 20 team league which works! Everyone knows where they are then!! Here's to a clean slate and keep both clubs happy!?!

​Most of the current combo clubs will not play mid-week games under lights as they think that the home sides will play first team players and so have an advantage.

The Rules for promotion/relegation between the Combination and Trelwany Leagues have been agreed by the two Leagues and cannot be changed without both Leagues voting for change at their respective AGM's. Such a change is not on eithers' AGM agenda this year. The Combo have, in the past, sought sanction from the CCFA to increase the number of Clubs from the current 20 but were refused permission because the FA recommendation is that to exceed 20 teams at least 50% of Clubs should have floodlights! 

Westhamfan21 it's clear from recent posts you really hope Bude can go up and that's great. But sometimes it's better so take stock rather than rush things. You've finished 3rd which is great but you can use that finish to attract a couple of players and push to win Div 1 next season. Then winning a league puts you in a better position to attract better players for the prem. I saw you took a bit of a pasting in the cup from a prem team so if it doesn't happen, I wouldn't be disappointed, just use this season to build on next & hopefully win some silverware.

Westhamfan21 it's clear from recent posts you really hope Bude can go up and that's great. But sometimes it's better so take stock rather than rush things. You've finished 3rd which is great but you can use that finish to attract a couple of players and push to win Div 1 next season. Then winning a league puts you in a better position to attract better players for the prem. I saw you took a bit of a pasting in the cup from a prem team so if it doesn't happen, I wouldn't be disappointed, just use this season to build on next & hopefully win some silverware.

​Bude finished 8th!

​Bude finished 8th!

Bude Reserves... In ECPL Div 1, who would possibly get promotion to ECPL Prem if Probus go west...

Oops! Sorry, my bad! :SM_carton_y: (there should be an embarrassed smiley!)

OMG make that another one for the spelling mistake!

Edited by Guest
EMbarrassing spelling mistake

True footy Crazy but am ambitious and feel I can attract the players to be a strong premier team if the chance was to come to us.

Look at the teams that have gone up in recent years in third.

That Edgcumbe game doesn't have much bearing on my thoughts we were very short that day and wouldn't say that shows much. I do get your point though footy crazy and if we don't go up we will be pushing for the div 1 title which is just good because it shows how far we have come in a season. 

Probus have applied a few times over the  last few years haven't they??such a shame if they don't get the nod they would really provide a competitve edge to the combo always friendly and respectful before and after games and give everything during and a stones throw from Truro just would make so much more sense for them to be in the combo rather than often hour plus trips into Devon and those Cornish teams top end of the county.it's often difficult to get subs that might not play or a volunteer to run the line or even people too support and the same with teams travelling down.can only see a positive outcome if probus went combo for all involved 

I believe the last two became defunct. St Columb Major in their senior days were always in the ECPL and to my knowledge St Columb Minor were always in the Combo.

EAST

Probus to Morwenstow - 65.6 miles

Probus to Plymstock - 51.1 miles

Probus to Tavistock - 48.6 miles

WEST

Probus to St Just - 41.2 miles

Probus to Ludgvan - 30.7 miles

Probus to Mullion 30.2 miles

EAST

Probus to Morwenstow - 65.6 miles

Probus to Plymstock - 51.1 miles

Probus to Tavistock - 48.6 miles

WEST

Probus to St Just - 41.2 miles

Probus to Ludgvan - 30.7 miles

Probus to Mullion 30.2 miles

I think Chris Davey once worked out how many miles probus have to travel in a season just league games.

No club has ever transferred from East Cornwall to West Cornwall.

There have been a few sides that have gone the other way or became defunct -. Nanpean Rovers, Nanpean Rovers Reserves, Roche, St Breward, Sticker, St Dennis, Bugle Reserves, St Columb Minor and RAF St Mawgan.

http://www.cornwallcomboleague.co.uk/inandout.htm

How many teams over the years have applied ??if the combo teams have to vote on teams joining/switching over the likelyhood is they won't cos the worse sides wont want extra teams joining to help them avoid being relegated and the better sides won't want teams as extra competition at the top 

In common with many Leagues, Clubs can only join the Combination League through relegation from a higher League, promotion from a lower League or by election at an AGM by the current members. There are League Rules and agreements in place with SWP and Trelawny Leagues which cover the first two methods of entry, while the third way in is only possible if there is a vacancy.

The Rules for promotion/relegation between the Combination and Trelwany Leagues have been agreed by the two Leagues and cannot be changed without both Leagues voting for change at their respective AGM's. Such a change is not on eithers' AGM agenda this year. The Combo have, in the past, sought sanction from the CCFA to increase the number of Clubs from the current 20 but were refused permission because the FA recommendation is that to exceed 20 teams at least 50% of Clubs should have floodlights! 

The solution is to increase the combo in numbers and then split into 2 divisions as in the East. Possibly 16 in each. The supp cup could become div 2 cup and it would give perennial strugglers something to play for. You could even have a new cup for just the 2 combo and 2 Ecpl sides. 

The solution is to increase the combo in numbers and then split into 2 divisions as in the East. Possibly 16 in each. The supp cup could become div 2 cup and it would give perennial strugglers something to play for. You could even have a new cup for just the 2 combo and 2 Ecpl sides. 

Surely that is what the Trelawney prem is the step to get into the combo ?   This was why a pyramid system is in place . for ambitious teams to progress  and struggling teams to regroup and build again .