Cornwall Football Forum

Tuesday 28th April

St Buryan 2-1 Mousehole (ht 1-0)

Mousehole Scorer: Jamie Simons

I never normally put anything other than result on here but.... Here goes

Do referee's every get down graded,demoted etc...I see refs getting promoted for doing well via the good marks we give. But when we put 65ish does the big boss even look at these.... There are some very good referee's out & we have had the pleasure to have them & I always tell a ref when he has had a good game & try 2 ask in a civil manner questions if he or she has not & I'm sure most refs on here will back me in that my team are a good bunch to ref on the whole... But I'm sorry but the Premier lge of these divisions should have the best refs as per marks & not just because they are close by..I would happily pay £5 etc more to get a good ref!

Edited by green & white

65ish?! If you think he did that bad a job you know very well you should mark below that and write to the league / CCFA with full details why, you or your club are not doing your jobs correctly/under performing so I here by start a petition to relinquish you of your position / status in cornish football....just as you are trying to do! You are a volunteer as is he, you've made an error with your incorrect marking he may of made a few too, get a grip and move on instead of being biter

Penwith exiles 3 - Falmouth town 2 (aet)

great semi final for the spectators to watch I'm sure

first half exiles struggled in the first 20 minutes to get hold of the ball and were punished by Falmouth who took the lead from a cross exiles got back into the game and started to see a lot more of the ball and were credited with a goal when a ball crossed in from the wing was cooly finished by exiles striker Danny earl, with not long left in the first half exiles had a possible penalty shout but with the striker staying on his feet personally think it swayed the refs decision

second half exiles started a lot more positively started to move the ball a lot quicker but Falmouth took the led when a cross was punched out by the exiles keeper who was the left unconscious due to a collision, te ref didn't see the keeper on the floor and within the next 10 seconds Falmouth took the led, for the last 20 exiles continued to press and continued to push Falmouth back and where then rewarded with what was a stone wall penalty when the exiles defender was brought down In the box, the penalty was scored by Nathan burt, both teams were then tiring and seemed to be lacking the desire for the win

extra time came and exiles started with there backs against the wall playing against the wind managed to defend solid and keep Falmouth from creating any chances and Falmouth managed to prevent exiles making any chances, 5 minutes into the second half of extra time and exiles were awarded another stone wall penalty when the Falmouth defender needlessly brought down the exiles striker and again the penalty was scored by Nathan burt, exiles then defended and were like a Brick wall for the last 5 and kept Falmouth from creating any chances

overall solid performance from both teams could of gone either way but exiles now 2 games remaining with the potential double going there way.

bet no one saw that coming at the start of the season 

Should you be unhappy with a referee then you mark that referee 60 marks or under and submit a written report to the result secretary when submitting your team sheet, stating why you were dissatisfied. This report will be sent to the CCFA and investigated, and where a referee has a small number of reports against them they are assessed or mentored until their weaknesses are mproved.

Duchy 3

st stephens res 2 : 5 veryan

We rounded off an unbeaten league season with a 5:2 win over a determinded st stephens side! Goals from justin trebilcock 1 craig phillips 1 liam cope 1 dan vincent 1 alex pearce 1!!! Great season for us now looking forward to the league cup final against st merryn at st dennis on the 14th!!! 

Pointers,  that is a waste of time as everyone knows in football & you don't get anywhere with that, just black marks the nxt time you get the ref you questioned. 

There are different grades of refs & think the better grade should be doing the premier & so on down throu, how does it all work? As soon as they hit a grade is that it, do they go down with how the marks are given or just left to plod on?

Pointers,  that is a waste of time as everyone knows in football & you don't get anywhere with that, just black marks the nxt time you get the ref you questioned. 

There are different grades of refs & think the better grade should be doing the premier & so on down throu, how does it all work? As soon as they hit a grade is that it, do they go down with how the marks are given or just left to plod on?

​On the contrary - the last couple of times we have put in a report we have eventually received a reply from Ray Brown at the CCFA who has said what action/advice for the referee in question will be. I think this is positive as in years gone by nothing was ever heard concerning adverse referee reports. 

Glad to hear this AJW, it's the 1st I've heard about it & maybe positive things like that should be put on the forum so everyone knows that things are changing & club can report knowing something will happen unlike the past. You have answered the question I asked, unlike the normal dros you get on here from sad sorry old farts work little left in there meaningless lives who can only try to wind people up, rather than have a constructed talk on issues about our beautiful game . Many thanks AJW for your sensible reply!

Edited by green & white

When you report a referee on his performance to CCFA they look to see if the referee has been reported before.  If he has then he will be advised of what he has done wrong and assessed.  If he has not been reported before, the report will stay on file and should another report be received this will trigger action.  I think that the referee should still be asked about his performance on the first report in ay case.  Why wait until a second is received?  Some others may not report the referee, and he could be making the same errors.