Cornwall Football Forum

Monday 27th April

Stithians 1-2 St Ives Town (H/T 1-1)

League Cup semi final played at Marazion

Stithians were forced to use three goalkeepers in this match. The first was sent off for a foul, the second (Ben Manley) managed to pick up one yellow card and then a comment to the crowd earned him a second yellow right at the death.

0-1 16m

1-1 30m

1-2 67m (pen)

Holmans 2-2 West Cornwall

Blew a 2 goal lead in the last 20 minutes. 2-0 at ht, 2nd half nobody really look like scoring which was ideal for us, then a couple of defensive errors let Holmans back in it. Holmans finished stronger but we threw it away tonight really. Onto Saturday, visit of Carharrack who hold the advantage in the title race now. 

Holmans 2-2 West Cornwall

Blew a 2 goal lead in the last 20 minutes. 2-0 at ht, 2nd half nobody really look like scoring which was ideal for us, then a couple of defensive errors let Holmans back in it. Holmans finished stronger but we threw it away tonight really. Onto Saturday, visit of Carharrack who hold the advantage in the title race now. 

Yes have to agree you boys were in charge for much of the game, but credit to holmans who never gave up and I feel deserved a point as the final whistle went.  A superb game for the spectators to watch and a good atmosphere! Nice to see both teams leave the pitch shaking hands also and no silly reactions etc throughout the game which is something you rarely see nowadays!

To be fair we both want to beat each other on the field, the game has sort of grown into a local derby of sorts given the fact we've played against each other a lot over the last few years. Off the field though we all know each other, so once the final whistle goes that's it. Shake hands and have a beer. I'd like to think there's a mutual respect there! 

Quick word on the ref tonight, Jamie Marles. Yet another top game from him. Fast becoming a very good ref in my opinion.

Edited by ballsax

Stithians 1-2 St Ives Town (H/T 1-1)

League Cup semi final played at Marazion

Stithians were forced to use three goalkeepers in this match. The first was sent off for a foul, the second (Ben Manley) managed to pick up one yellow card and then a comment to the crowd earned him a second yellow right at the death.

0-1 16m

1-1 30m

1-2 67m (pen)

​It looked like the St Ives defender called Mike/Mikey had jewellery taped up. I could be wrong but isn't that not allowed?

I watched the game and the officials had a mare of a game. Missed several things, which i think even the players were surprised about. 

The game itself was scrappy - St Ives were better in the first half, and unlucky to go into half time at 1-1. Stithians then the better in the second half, but once the keeper went, there was only going to be one winner.

Last red was a silly one. with only seconds to go - but rules are rules. However, alot of swearing in the game and most games, but rarely picked up!!