Cornwall Football Forum

Junior Cup Results

St Agnes 2 - 0 Carharrack

Aggie back to winning ways, with goals from Dan Cox and Richie Horswell

Thanks to me mum for reporting the score back to me!!

Gillsy could have played in the end, cos he's just text me and said he's now about to board his plane!! only a 9 hour delay for him!!!

RNAS Culdrose 3 Four Lanes 4 h/t 1-2

Culdrose ahead with a volley at the far post only for Joe Ashton to equalise and then run through to lob the keeper.

Culdrose equalise with a header following a corner but Four Lanes went ahead again with a header following a corner and Ashton completed his hat trick when he again ran through the home defence.Neil Rudkin scored from the penalty spot after being fouled but Four Lanes resolutely held on to take their place in the next round.

Chacewater 10 Perranporth 0 h/t 7-0

Grampound 8 Goonhavern 1

I don't wish to be direspectful, but the score could easily have been 18 rather than 8 if Grampound's players had been totally focussed. At least 5 goals were missed in the opening 20 minutes and the players got a real *ollocking from the manager at half-time. Going in at half time 5-0 up and with no pressure on the defence so far seemed to de-motivate a number of players, and in spite of the managers's words, in the second half many of them played at little more than walking pace and normally work harder in training. The Goonhavern players, to their credit, tried their best and never gave up and scored a good goal in the second half. I wish the lads from Goonhavern who played today the best of luck for the season as they were a good bunch who seemed a bit out of their depth, and with a number of players being of a good vintage their club needs to look carefully at what it is expecting from them.

Goals from Max Varnell (2), Tom Bartlett, Shane Weeks, Ross Turton, Dai Moseley, Matt Fletcher and an o.g.

Guest geachy1

threemilestone 2 - falmouth albion 2.

4 penaltys in this game.

will go to a replay. tms dominated the game but albion put 11 men behind the ball .

Guest calcox

roche 2 gerrans 1, gerrans good working side, a cuople of good central midfielders, but no real penetration, roche what they are hard working , the odd goal, game won

St Keverne 2 V Fal Ath 0

Excellent competitive game 0-0 till 75minutes St Keverne scored and Ath went chasing the equalizer and got caught in the final minute.Not so good points Ath lost 3 key players through injury early on S Coggin (11mins calf pull) K Newman (45mins badly bruised shin) D Stevens (55mins Back) no excuses though and none of the above through foul play, game played in a good spirit. St Keverne were clearly the best side we played this season and will take some beating on their own patch.

Brilliant referee

yesterdays ref in our game vs Biscovey was simply the best I have seen in a long time. The game flowed and the few flare ups were sensibly dealt with no bookings. At 4-1 to us a Biscovey player headed towards goal from a corner, the header beat the keeper but was handled on the line by a defender, the ball deflected from the players hand hit the crossbar came down hit the line and bounced out. The ref adjudged the ball to have crossed the line and gave the goal. I know a lot of refs would have blown for a penalty and sent the defender off. Biscovey were happy as they needed a quick lifeline with 20 mins left and we didn't mind as the header would have gone in anyway.

The referee was T O Rourke who in my mind should be officiating at a much higher level. Top guy.

Westinsure Cornwall Junior Cup 1st Round

East

Biscovey 2 Premier Sixes 5

Boscastle 0 Pensilva 1

Calstock 6 North Petherwin 2

Garrison Sports 1 Altarun 7

Gunnislake 0 St Sephens Boro 4

Launceston 3 Delabole 3

Menheniot 2 Lanreath 1

Newmoor Rovers 4 Lostwithiel 5 (aet)

North Hill 2 Mevagissey 0

Padstow 4 Camelford 1

Pelynt 2 Saltash Utd 4

Queens Rangers 2 Looe 5

Roche 2 Germans 1

South Petherwin 2 Foxhole Stars 4

St Anns Chapel 4 Lanivent 1

St Austell 1 Godolphin 4

St Breward 2 Fowey Utd 1

St Cleer 3 Kilkhampton 0

St Columb Minior 1 Holloway Bay 2

St Dennis 6 Bodmin Saints 3

St Dominick 8 Wadebridge Town 2

St Mawgan 3 Stoke Climsland 0

St Newlyn East 5 Dobwalls 2

St Stephens 0 Edgcumbe 8

Sticker v Dymano St Dennis w/o

Stratton Utd 0 Polperro 10

Tintagel 0 St Teath 8

Torpoint Athletic 4 Gorran 0

Tywardreath RBL 1 St Merryn 0

Week St Mary 5 Maker with Rame 2

West

Chasewater 10 Perranporth 0

Constantine 1 Newlyn Non Ath 5

Froogpool 2 Camborne Park 1

Grampound 8 Goonhavern Ath 1

Halsetown 3 Marazion Blues 2

Hayle 2 Stitihans 1

Lizard Argyle 6 Crown Inn Glory 1

Mawgan 6 Lanner 0

Mousehole ? Probus ?

Mount Ambrose 0 St Ives Town 2

Mullion ? Madron?

New Park Rangers ? Mawnan ?

Pendeen Rovers ? Cornish New Boys ?

Penryn Ath 2 Redruth Utd 1

RNAS Culdose 3 Four Lanes 4

Ruan Minor 0 Falmouth Town 3

Sennen 2 Holmans SC 6

Spice 1 Helston 2

St Agnes 2 Carharrack AFC 0

St Buryan 7 Wendron 2

St Day 5 Titans 1

St Just 20 Cury 0

St Keverne 2 Falmouth Ath 0

Threemilestone 2 Falmouth Albion 2 (aet)

Trevenson 4 Perranwell 2

Trispen 1 Storm 6

Troon 8 Gwinear Churchtown 2

Truro City 8 St Ives Mariners

Brilliant referee

yesterdays ref in our game vs Biscovey was simply the best I have seen in a long time. The game flowed and the few flare ups were sensibly dealt with no bookings. At 4-1 to us a Biscovey player headed towards goal from a corner, the header beat the keeper but was handled on the line by a defender, the ball deflected from the players hand hit the crossbar came down hit the line and bounced out. The ref adjudged the ball to have crossed the line and gave the goal. I know a lot of refs would have blown for a penalty and sent the defender off. Biscovey were happy as they needed a quick lifeline with 20 mins left and we didn't mind as the header would have gone in anyway.

The referee was T O Rourke who in my mind should be officiating at a much higher level. Top guy.

I AM SURE THAT THE REF DECIDED THAT THE BALL HAD ACTUALLY CROSSED THE LINE AS HE BELIEVED THIS TO BE THE TRUE OUTCOME. OTHERWISE HE WOULD HAVE PUT HIS HAND IN HIS POCKET AND AWARDED A PENALTY.

PLEASE DON'T MIX DIPLOMATIC DESISIONS WITH BRILLIANT REFEREEING. MAKING THE EASIER DECISION INSTEAD OF THE CORRECT DECISION FOR REASONS OF POPULARITY OR AN EASY LIFE IS DEFINITELY NOT WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT WHEN I OFFICIATE.

HAD YOU OR YOUR OPPONENTS MADE A RADICAL CHANGE TO THE OUTCOME OF THE MATCH FOLLOWING SUCH AN ENCOUNTER INVOLVING A "GENEROUS" DECISION; THEN THERE WOULD HAVE BEEN HELL TO PAY FOR.

I AM SURE THAT MR O'ROURKE AGREES WITH ME.

Mawgan 6 lanner 0

Mawgan simply blew Lanner away 1st half with our best display of the season so far

4-0 at half time with chris towell getting the first and a hat-trick from spike Hughes the fifth came 5 minutes into the second half with a rocket from the duke and Hughes finished it off with his 4th and mawgans 6th.

Every respect to Lanner as they kept going until the end and never let their heads drop

this was a good hard game but played in the right spirit and well controlled by the referee

good luck to lanner for the rest of the season. :clapper::clapper:

im my humble opinion the best player on the pitch was the lanner keeper who pulled off save after save and then we were informed that he is really a centre half

Guest rellends

lizard argyle 6-1 crown inn glory

6-1 scoreline does not really reflect close nature of the game. we were well in it for 25 minutes having had the better of the chances and went in 2-0 down at half time. if we'd scored early doors second half it might have been a lot tighter but once you go 4 down and defenders decide to leave 1 at the back then you open yourself up for a thrashing. our rookie keeper got man of the match and fair play to the lizard manager who reminded his side that the crown are only a pub team in a heated half time team talk.

the junior cup is never on our radar as a competition we can win but it's nice to rub shoulders with the big boys of the mighty fh1. also to play football at the most sourtherly football pitch in britain is another box ticked.