Jump to content
Cornwall Football Forum

Duchy League - Saturday March 14th 2015

Recommended Posts

Premier Division

Lostwithiel 2v2 Torpoint Athletic

North Petherwin 3v2 Padstow United

Pelynt 4v1 St Newlyn East

St Columb Major 1v3 Saltash United

St Stephen 3v2 Lamerton  


Division 1

Altarnun 1v1 St Cleer

LC Phoenix 2v6 Biscovey

Premier Sixes 1v0 Edgcumbe FC

St Mawgan 2v1 Grampound  


Division 2

Calstock 3v4 Stoke Climsland

Gunnislake 0v2 Sticker

Lifton 0v3 North Hill

St Dennis 4v3 Callington Town  


Division 3

Gorran 2v3 St Breward

Grampound Reserves 3v2 St Stephen Res

Queens Rangers 1v10 Boscastle

Veryan 5v0 North Petherwin Reserves 


Division 4

Lanreath 3v2 Wadebridge Town

Mevagissey 4v0 Southgate

St Minver Reserves 3v0 Pelynt Reserves

Tregrehan Mills    2v0 Godolphin Atlantic Reserves  


Division 5

Boscastle Reserves 0v7 Roche

Padstow United Res 2v3 Kilkhampton

Saltash United Res 0v5 Real Saltash

St Newlyn East Reserves 1v10 St Mawgan Reserves

St Teath 4v4 St Dennis Res


Bodmin Sports Trophies Duchy League Cup 

Lanivet Inn 1v3 St Merryn

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I hate to moan about refs as without them we wouldn't be able to have a game at the weekend but I wish he didn't turn up today! Gorran 1-0 up, st breward put in a total scuff of a free kick, referee decides to put himself in the mixer and get in the box, ball hits him on the calf rolls kindly to their player who buries it, 10 seconds later it's half time! I know st breward weren't happy with the red either after having 2 men sent off and really ruining the 2nd half after a fairly even and good 1st half!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Div 2.


Gunnislake 0 Sticker 2.


Good game to ref, two teams that wanted to play football, won by a very young Sticker side that knocked the ball around well.


Roger Martin referee.

Well said Roger and no doubt an easy game for you to ref it generally is when two teams want to play football!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Duchy 5 result, St Teath 4 St Dennis Res 4, an entertaining game! thank you to St Teath for hospitality and best of luck of the rest of the season

great game neither team desevered to win referee had a good game ! he missed a blantant pen but hey you get em sometimes and thats football ! wish st dennis best of luck for rest of the season two cracking games against them this year ! we were desperately in need of a game as not played in three weeks and now got no fixture for another 3 weeks
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Premier Division leaders Padstow United suffered a second defeat of the season when beaten 3-2 at North Petherwin as their title challenge suddenly appears to have affected their form. Petherwin were dogged throughout and welcomed back Callum Reeve after a long injury break which stiffened their resolve. Petherwin took the lead through Josh Sanders and then missed a penalty. Fran Riddle equalised, but Simon Oliver restored the host’s lead when he chested the ball over the line. Padstow were then awarded a penalty which Rob Rowe converted. However, North Petherwin were in no mood to be denied and Sanders scored a superb goal five minutes from time to secure their victory.

St.Columb Major moved perilously close to relegation after being beaten 3-1 at home by Saltash United. After an even start Josh Tapp gave the visitors a 15th minute lead. Dom Roberts equalised with a deflected shot in the 28th minute. There was little to choose between the teams until the later stages when St.Columb tired. Luke Trevaskus scored twice in the 76th and 85th minutes to give the visitors the win.

St.Newlyn East also stare relegation in the face after losing 4-1 at Pelynt. Billy Tedder-Hart scored a brace with Tim Powell and Marcus Metters completing the home scoring.

Lamerton were very unlucky to go down 3-2 at St.Stephen. They took an 11th minute lead through Simon Keely and it took until four minutes before half time before St.Stephen levelled with Craig Coad converting from close range. Lamerton regained the lead through James Steer in the 71st minute and held the lead until a minute from the end when Andrew Sincock equalised. The disappointment for the visitors grew even greater a minute into added time after good work down the left wing from Coad, he pushed the ball across goal for Jason Rundle to score the winner.

Lostwithiel took a two nil lead against the run of play at home to Torpoint Athletic both goals coming following corners. Martyn Jones got on the end of the first and Jordan Cook the second. Torpoint came back strongly to force a two all draw.

Premier Sixes restored hopes of beating the drop from Division One after a 1-0 win over in form Edgcumbe. Sixes dominated the match from the start to the finish, but despite creating several chances failed to put the ball in the back of the net. Adam Pickin lobbed the Edgcumbe goalkeeper after 65-minutes and despite the referee initially awarding the goal it was eventually ruled out due to an extremely dubious club linesman’s flag. With time running out it appeared they would not get the reward their play warranted but then five minutes from time Ben Currah struck a crucial winner.

St.Cleer are also fighting for survival and they will be pleased with a point from a one all draw at Altarnun. Kevin Bunkum scored for St.Cleer and Josh Smith for Altarnun.

St.Mawgan had a narrow 2-1 win over Grampound. James Olsen and Matt Willmott scored for St.Mawgan with Jason Retallick replying.

Biscovey won 6-2 at LC Phoenix. Scott Sampson, Lee Budge and Chris Burns scored a brace apiece for Biscovey with Joe Davis scoring a brace in reply.

St.Dennis won the big promotion battle at the top of Division Two beating Callington Town 4-3 in a cracking game. Nathan Hugh was the home hero with a hat trick with Luke Damerell adding their other goal. Callington still have games in hand but the pressure is now on them. Liam Bryant scored a brace with Kieran Prescott also scoring for Callington.

Sticker remain second after a good 2-0 win at Gunnislake with Gus Angilley and Bradley Ralph getting a goal apiece.

Stoke Climsland won a very good local derby at Calstock 4-3 with the winning goal coming 30 seconds from time. Ian Cook put the visitors ahead before Calstock hit back with goals from Mike Brown and Jan Humphrey. Stoke levelled after the break from a Andy Morris goal with Cook restoring their lead with a long range shot that went in off a post. An own goal levelled the game at three all before Simon Gibson broke home hearts with the late winning goal.

Dan Gregory scored a hat trick as North Hill won 3-0 at Lifton.

Veryan are within three points of the Division Three title after beating North Petherwin reserves 5-0. Justin Trebilcock scored a hat trick with Tom Rescorl and Steve Way completing their tally.

Boscastle kept the race alive for a least another week after a stunning 10-1 win at third placed Queens Rangers. The hosts were weakened on the day but the size of the defeat was still a big surprise. Harley Westlake scored four goals, Jake Dickenson a hat trick and Sam Haddy a brace. The visitor’s other game came from Queens’ Jake Hughes own goal with Ben Hawken scoring the home consolation.

Grampound reserves leapfrogged St.Stephen reserves and out of the bottom two after beating their rivals 3-2. St.Stephen took the lead against the run of play in the 15th minute through Matt Bromhead. The hosts were level ten minutes later after a fine solo goal from Billy Powell. Grampound took the lead on the hour from a twenty yard Kevin Toms strike, but within five minutes Bromhead scored his second to equalise. The crucial goal came ten minutes from the end when Matt Skews took advantage of defensive errors to chip the keeper from 25 yards for the winner.

Gorran slipped back to the bottom after being beaten 2-3 at home by St.Breward. Rob Marks, Luke Richards and Wayne Davey scored for St.Breward with Sam Guy and Ryan Morcom replying for Gorran.

The Division Four title race was blown wide open after leaders Godolphin Atlantic reserves were beaten 2-0 at fellow hopefuls Tregrehan Mills. The first half was even and goalless with Mills coming closest after hitting the woodwork. Adam Sabine hit the woodwork again after the break but then converted Corey Cross’ cross to open the scoring. Godolphin were reduced to ten men fifteen minutes from time and their fate was sealed when Dean Dingle hit a late second goal for the home team who were dominant in the second period.

Mevagissey now look to be in a good position to pounce on those faltering above them. They beat Southgate Seniors 4-0 with goals from Bruce Campbell, Sam Brown, Ben Bould and Dan Kendall.

Wadebridge are all but down after losing 3-2 at Lanreath, the only club behind them in the table. Connor Bone scored a brace for Lanreath with Dan Collings adding their other goal. Nathan Osbourne and Jordan Wallis replied for Wadebridge.

St.Minver reserves beat Pelynt reserves 3-0. Ozzy Beesley, Steve Wootton and Callum Wilson scored a goal apiece.

Kilkhampton moved closer to the Division Five title winning 3-2 at challengers Padstow United reserves. They were given a stern test and had to come from a goal behind after Rob Elliott gave Padstow a first half lead. The hosts missed a couple of chances as well but a slow start to the second half proved their undoing as Sean Thomas, Tom Shadrick and Lee Gardiner put the visitors ahead. Tom Hull pulled one back but despite good work from central defender Joel Hurst and left back Ryan Smedley, Padstow were unable to take a first point of the season from their rivals.

Roche were comfortable 7-0 winners at Boscastle reserves. Gareth Geach scored a brace with the other goals shared between Andy Geach, Matt Lean, Shaun Trudgeon, Mark Trudgeon and Chris Coad.

St.Teath and St.Dennis reserves fought out a thrilling four all draw. James Carne put St.Dennis ahead with Aaron Williams restoring parity. Owen Bilkey restored the visitors lead but Mike Titchin hit a second equaliser for St.Teath. Tom Harris then put St.Dennis ahead for a third time just before half time. St.Teath showed much more purpose in the second half with Johnny Strout and a cracking Dan Edwards header ten minutes from time securing their point. Billy MacKellar scored the visitor’s second half goal.

Wayne Seldon scored another hat trick as Real Saltash won 5-0 at Saltash United reserves. Paul Shannon and Harry Crofts were the other scorer’s.

St.Mawgan reserves thrashed St.Newlyn East 10-1 away from home. Lee Gallagher scored a hat trick with Jamie Lawrence adding a brace. Paul Bowen, Mike Old, Chris Leach, Neil Russell and an own goal completed the visitors tally. Tyler Eastlake scored the home consolation.

St.Merryn overcame higher division opponents to beat Lanivet Inn 3-1 away from home and reach the Bodmin Sports Trophies League quarter-final. Stuart Parkyn scored a brace with Andy Hicks adding their other goal. Chris Jennings replied for Lanivet who were unable to recover from a two nil half time deficit. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lostwithiel 2 - 2 Torpoint Athletic


Torpoint started the game strongly and had Lostwithiel on the back foot. However, Torpoint conceded a poor corner kick from a swift counter attack. A brilliant delivery resulted in Lostwithiel taking the lead with a strong header near the back post. With 10mins played it was 2-0 following the 2nd corner of the game. Torpoint's head's dropped for a bit but regained control towards the latter part of the half. Robbins' good ball through found Hunt who rounded the keeper for him to hit the post. It fortunately rebounded to Brayson running through from midfield who put it in the net. 


The second half was a matter of how early Torpoint could score. If it came early, I'm convinced we'd have won the game. The equaliser didn't come until the final few minutes when a long throw was flicked on by the impressive Vigus to an onrushing Knight who side footed into the bottom corner. Lostwithiel defended very well for a lot of the game and were dangerous at times on the break. In the second half they had one chance hit the post and another cleared off the line after rounding the keeper. So they may feel hard done by with conceding so late. A point is the least Torpoint deserved though and will be disappointed not to have been more clinical. We created lots of chances in the second half which on another day will have saw us win the game comfortably, but it wasn't to be. 


We should have come away with 3pts but we still have lots of games ahead where I'm sure we'll begin to climb the league to show a truer reflection. 


On a final note, I barely noticed the referee, so well done to him. He let the game flow and didn't have anything too aggressive to deal with but being an unnoticeable referee is a good referee!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Duchy div 3
Veryan 5 : 0 north petherwin res
After a tough cup final on tuesday nite veryan went in to our final home league fixture of the season against a north petherwin side who never gave up!! Goal scorers tom rescorl 1 steve way 1 (his first goal of the season!) and a justin trebilcock hattrick! North petherwin have always been a battling side an this game was the same as always!! Always a nice bunch of guys who give it there all! Good luck to them for the rest of there season!!! Mom justin trebilcock for his first half hattrick!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...