Cornwall Football Forum

Godolphin vs Ivybridge

Well done to both teams to try and do there best in atrocious conditions not much to choose from the match a clear cut pen to the G that was saved by the Ivybridge keeper not much else happened really i had to leave before end of match to take son to his work and decided to do my impersonation of Bambi on ice and slipped in the mud and went ass over tip what fun .Hope to be at Godolphin way again next saturday if all goes well at the Hospital this week . Man of the Match for me Jamie Lowry very skillful in awful weather . Well Done to both teams and the officilals ref and linesman and Well done to St Austell in getting to the Semi final of the fa vase with a brilliant 3-2 win vs Ascot

The terrible weather was the leveller in this match, both sides tried to play and the G should have gone ahead with the penalty but it wasn't to be. 1 point apiece is no good to either side at this stage of the season! Let's hope the G Tuesday night cup semi v Callington at Bodmin is not called off due to a waterlogged pitch but I'm not holding my breath on that one! Semi-finals (and finals for that matter) must be played on a good quality surface to give both sides the chance to play entertaining and skilful football for us paying spectators ....

No pay hut, caravan kitchen, porta loo's, small stand, no covered standing area, no clubhouse, limited parking, council owned ( I think)

A long way short of what would be considered normal facilities.

Not denigrating you in any way, just an observation, all of course can be corrected over time.

Good points, decent-ish pitch, very good lights, decent hard standing, very good pasties, good team at the moment.

Work in progress maybe, maybe not, a lot to do.

Tell the Cornwall FA that!

You need decide what you want big al......
Football played on wet waterlogged pitches that then mades the next match almost Improssile to play
OR
Matches postponed and played on the pitch when passed fit which allows the next game to be played
OR
Have a word with the Big man upstairs, to sort the weather out!

Just heard that the County FA have selected Newquay as  the back up pitch this afternoon for the Cornwall Ladies v Yeovil if the Truro pitch is not playable

with Newquay having the senior cup semi final on wednesday and considering the weather over the past couple of days what bright spark thought up this decision.

lets hope Truro is playable as this ladies fixture is only a friendly and St Austell & St Blazey deserve the best surface available .

just read about theolder report about Godolphin Atlantics facilities they have a lovely new grandstand new dugouts and they do have a place to get lovely pasties maybe they do need new changing rooms . This club is run the way a club should be run not paying out huge amount of money for average players . I think they have done bloody marvelous this and last season and this is a club really going places

Toilet facilities pay hut and a dry place to eat your pasty or burger all in place for start of next season car parking will be sorted next week we do have the use of tretherras school as back up parking we have a small covered standing area in place over changing rooms and we are in the process of having plans done for new changing rooms