Cornwall Football Forum

Cornwall Charity Cup, 1st round

Guest Black&White

Guest Black&White

Wadebridge Town 1, Penzance 2

Goals either side of the break from Steve Burt and a quality 20-yard strike from Wayne Quinn gave the Magpies a head earned Cornwall Charity Cup victory over a good Wadebridge side at Bodieve Park on Tuesday night.

Winger Jonny May's cross-cum-shot found its way in off an upright four minutes after the break, and Penzance had to withstand long spells of Bridgers' pressure in the second half, but the visitors held on to preserve their unbeaten start to their domestic season - and with it inflicted a first defeat of the season for Wadebridge.

Hi John,

Sammo called me after the game and I could just about make him out and thought he misheard me!

I reckon he was at some big champions league game...or was it Argyle, surely too much noise for him to have been at Argyle!

By the way, I thought it was quite a good game last night, your lads played well, one lucky goal for each team, Quiny's shot was well struck but deflected off the defender and wrong footed our keeper, very glad there was no extra time though!

All the best