Cornwall Football Forum

News on proposed ground site for Truro City

The cat is out of the bag,Treyew is being recommended for refusal,as suspected,Treyew and Silver Bow was all spin from a chancer.Couple this to a play off position ebbing away it will be interesting to see if his new found passion for football is what he wants us to believe.Somersetspur summed it up well,the writing has been on the wall for some time for those that werent blinkered.

The cat is out of the bag,Treyew is being recommended for refusal,as suspected,Treyew and Silver Bow was all spin from a chancer.Couple this to a play off position ebbing away it will be interesting to see if his new found passion for football is what he wants us to believe.Somersetspur summed it up well,the writing has been on the wall for some time for those that werent blinkered.

According to the Chairman,on his Offical website,there is a Plan B.

Cant wait to see what that is.

Grim Reaper,it is just not me ,that suspect the writing on the wall.

Now do you believe ,TISA  boys were banned because of Dunstable.????????????????????????????????

This is,if the rumours are true.??????????????????????

They don't want to stay there. They've got a huge chance of progressing if they move in to a new stadium. If they want to achieve their ambitions then they can't stay at the Mennaye, they need to move out. Truro City's situation looks worse to be honest, very bleak if this new stadium is refused. If it is though, it won't be the end of it. If it's passed then great news. I just hope both sides get an outcome that suits them both.

Local planning authorities should look for solutions rather than problems, and decision-takers at every level should seek to approve applications for sustainable development where possible. Local planning authorities should work proactively with applicants to secure developments that improve the economic, social and environmental conditions of the area.

Looks to me the S4C is the one they is most likely to succeed. TCFC will be in dire trouble then I would think, monies to be repaid, debt management agreements to service, general running expenses....not looking good if that scenario materialises.

I would think that plan B would be to throw in with the S4C, that has been said previously  -  so maybe.

On the BBC website it says that Council officials have recommended both applications be refused so looks like neither will go ahead. Having read all the posts on the issue, I have to ask whether anyone outside of Truro really cares about Truro City F.C. and whether people from around the Duchy would travel to see them playing non-league football on a regular basis is sufficient numbers to make the new stadia a viable money-making proposition?

Cornwall and Cornish people are very parochial and support their own towns and villages - and yes I am Cornish. You only have to look across the Tamar to see that a professional club is struggling to attract large crowds and TCFC are a very long way from professional status.

On the BBC website it says that Council officials have recommended both applications be refused so looks like neither will go ahead. Having read all the posts on the issue, I have to ask whether anyone outside of Truro really cares about Truro City F.C. and whether people from around the Duchy would travel to see them playing non-league football on a regular basis is sufficient numbers to make the new stadia a viable money-making proposition?

Cornwall and Cornish people are very parochial and support their own towns and villages - and yes I am Cornish. You only have to look across the Tamar to see that a professional club is struggling to attract large crowds and TCFC are a very long way from professional status.

Have to agree with this, but they need a ground somewhere before apparently the rug is pulled from under them!

Have to agree with this, but they need a ground somewhere before apparently the rug is pulled from under them!

Do the College not have an area that could accommodate TCFC and use the portable seating etc. Surely both the club and the college would benefit.

County Hall was built without a lot of tribalism getting in the way, building at Treyew Road has no more adverse affect on the city than building the council offices.

No matter  what happens in Cornwall there will always be an excuse to blame the Polish or other Eastern Europeans, turn down the future and you could wither and die.

Do the College not have an area that could accommodate TCFC and use the portable seating etc. Surely both the club and the college would benefit.

But this is an opportunity for the club to possess its own ground again. You can't deny a club that chance! 

Am i the only one not to see it as an opportunity for the club to own a ground again.TCFC and Peter Masters are two seperate entities,the latter having the greater desire to own the ground,to then enable him to rent it back to the club as a directors loan.If only it was for the good of the clubs long term future.

Am i the only one not to see it as an opportunity for the club to own a ground again.TCFC and Peter Masters are two seperate entities,the latter having the greater desire to own the ground,to then enable him to rent it back to the club as a directors loan.If only it was for the good of the clubs long term future.

Not being in the know, I was assuming that the ground would be purchased on the behalf of the club and placed in the name of the club. If anything else - they aren't getting a ground out of this!