Cornwall Football Forum

Cornwall Sunday Cup

Guest Postie Pidge

Guest Postie Pidge

Booters 2 - 0 Threemilestone (H/T 2-0) Referee: David Baxter

Gloweth United 7 - 3 Calenick

Oxford Inn 2 - 1 Mpad United (H/T 1-0) Well reffed by Gorgie!

Star 2 - 3 Regent (aet)

Booters had a third goal disallowed by a very dodgy offside decision.

pidge , how do you know if it was dodgy desicion if didnt count it was for a reason.

i think you should worry bout your own team.

good win for booters ,tms dominated the game but faild to score, booters took there goals well from defenceive mistakes , but they played well gud luck in the next round

Crowntown 3 Wendron Loads.

Crowntown will not be continuing in the Sunday cup competition, but remain cheerful.

Alan Thomas has confirmed that he will not be playing much Sunday football and so Crowntown are left struggling to compete in Division one.

Result was a little flattering, Crowntown pressured well for a proportion of the game but with two keepers out, the third didn't have a good game.

(O.K. it was 10)

Oxford 2 - 1 M/Pad (h/t 1-0)

The proverbial game of two halves, playing with a strong wind we probably should have gone in at half time 4 or 5 up but once again failed to take our chances and only had a Shane Davis goal to show for all of our possesion, in the second half M/pad playing with the wind kept us on the backfoot without really creating many clear chances and equalised midway through the half from a corner, this seemed to spur us back into action with substitute Rob Hosking grabbing the late winner with a good counter attack. Enjoyable game played in a good spirit by both teams and well reffed, good luck to m/pad for the rest of the season.

Guest Postie Pidge

Thanks stevethedoor! With the wind we didn't use it to our advantage and just as extra time looked on the cards, you guys go and get the winner! Our goal was scored by Mark Picken from all of a yard!

Certainly wasn't pretty against Mpad today, personally think the only positive was another sound defensive display but, a win is a win, and we are through to second round so lets look forward to that eh? Oldasitgets you say Alan not playing much Sunday league now which leaves you struggling in Div 1? One man doesn't make a team....

Oldasitgets you say Alan not playing much Sunday league now which leaves you struggling in Div 1? One man doesn't make a team....

Crowntown had a team photo last season. As far as I can remember, Alan was the only player in it.

He scored 75 goals in 29 matches. I think I was the second highest scorer with three own goals.

One player can make a huge difference. (As we are finding)

Not for one minute doubting the lads quality, I knew he scored a tremendous amount of goals last year, and I had a hard half a game against him. Just think that if any of your lads are reading this thread they might be quite gutted to think all their efforts seem to be going unnoticed and you seem quite negative to how your team may now fare. Arsenal aren't doing to bad post Terry Henry!

Not for one minute doubting the lads quality, I knew he scored a tremendous amount of goals last year, and I had a hard half a game against him. Just think that if any of your lads are reading this thread they might be quite gutted to think all their efforts seem to be going unnoticed and you seem quite negative to how your team may now fare. Arsenal aren't doing to bad post Terry Henry!

Thanks for your concern. We'll sort it out and get going but we all appreciate that we'll find it quite tough.

I do make a point to make sure every player that plays for me knows how much they are valued.

We are still enjoying every game and long may it remain so.

Guest el nino

Whens the next round being drawn??? Hopefuly we get a good draw! A few shocks yesterday i see!!!!! :blink::unsure: Thought we (Gloweth were heading for pens, but we dug deep and hit 4 in extra time!) :):yahoo: :thumbsup:

Hi billy, i played but didnt last very long before i had to come off with my groin. We had all the posession but didnt really test the keeper they had two chances and put them away. I dont think the pitch suited us but we were rubbish. Keir dont play anymore the guy has a mrs now so you never see him., jake played but again the team as a whole was rubbish

good luck booters

he scored first then went off injured towards end of first half. to be honest the game consisted of them defending tms havin all the ball but failing to creat much then they had 2 shots and 2 goals ??? Thats the way football goes they won it on the day but if i was betting man i wud bet we wud hammer them on bigger pitch. As i say though good luck to them

DEANO, LAST YEAR WE PLAYED BOOTERS. IN ONE OF THE CUPS, (CANT REMEMBER WHICH ONE ?)

BUT WE ONLY BEAT THEM 1-0. NIPPER SCORED WITH 8 MINS LEFT TO PLAY. I THOUGHT THEN . WE GOT

AWAY. LUCKY. WITH THE WIN. BUT LIKE YOU SAID GOOD LUCK TO BOOTERS. AND IT PROVES ITS

WHO WANTS IT MORE ON THE DAY. AND RIDE YOUR LUCK...... :clapper:

thats what cup matches are all about. just for your knowledge billy in my opinion and others i single handly won that match last year with outstanding performence and I WAS THE ONE WHO SCORED the winner before being dropped in the final ????

Booters are very hard team to break down they are young but wont let you intimadate them and they win more 50 50 balls then they lose. I think once you score once you will break them down

yours was good result sunday bill ? good performence ??

Guest keir dent

Mike C wot the hell are you chatting about if you even consider waking up with the pain that deano goes through you would be abetter man !!!!!!!!!! Go back under your stone

as for deano harden up

K-DOGG HAS BEEN IN THE BUILDING

Deano pal that's ideal. Its good to see that having made your millions as a pro you are now letting those who cant afford a season ticket the chance to watch your wonderful talent. Cheers mate. Much appreciated. Good luck for the weekend and take it easy.

From the west brit:-

Booters 2, Threemilestone 0.

Camborne Park 1, Halestown 2.

Falmouth Albion 5, Shortlanesend 1.

Gloweth 7, Calenick 3.

Oxford 2, MPAD Utd 1.

Star Inn 2, Regent 3 (aet)

Truro Gwrsa 4, Tremough 5.

Wendron 10, Crowntown 3.

Them or Tremough from the west cornwall SL. i would think. There will be teams from the east of the county who played sunday but their results wern't listed in the West Briton

Blue Anchor v Tregadillet.

Colan v Luxulyan.

Foxhole stars v Queens head.

Lamorna v Carlyon Arms.

St Blazey v Packhorse.

St Breward v Newmoor Rovers.

Truro Utd v Tregonissey wmc.

Guest el nino

Is it cup games this weekend again? As in the west briton gloweth are away to calenick in the cup, but also away to truro utd.

Can any 1 help solve it???

..el nino .......yes there are 7 first round NALDERS league cup MATCHES THIS SUNDAY 7TH Oct

the other matches listed in paper are games on 14th Oct ...no idea why they are in today .

you boys are going well this year .......whats the reason great team spirit or a load of new players ????

look out for a new press release from Nalders in papers next week , should interest ALL the clubs and referees .

Any idea why the local papers are not putting Mike Williams write ups in each week ???

perhaps somebody could phone the sports editor and give him a nudge .....

our sponsors need to see match reports in the press as we had promised this as part of our deal .....

They have stumped up the money ....so come on boys get on to the papers please .

:thumbsup::yahoo: :yahoo:

Is it cup games this weekend again? As in the west briton gloweth are away to calenick in the cup, but also away to truro utd.

Can any 1 help solve it???

el nino

I know this is going to sound funny and please do not take it the wrong way but you asked if anybody could help on this one and it is only my opinion but would I be right in saying that your manager should be able to help because I am sure he must be able to tell you what game you have this week.