Cornwall Football Forum

50 years service

I was down Chacewater yesterday talking to Kenny Moyle and he was telling me that he's been involved with the club for fifty years. An outstanding achievment don't you think?

Is there many more people out there who have given so much to one club?

This superb chap should get some recognition from the fa. :clapper: :clapper:

Guest Peppermint

Ron Manager - I am fairly certain that the County FA does present some sort of award to mark fantastic achievements like Kenny Moyle.

I would have thought that the Club should nominate him to the County FA and hopefully he will receive some award.

I remember one or two people involved with Newquay Football Club having some sort of award for long service to the game.

Mike Trevethan has been involved with Perranporth AFC for over 50 years and Glen Mather for over 25. Our committee have been nagging the FA for some form of recognition for them both but have got nowhere. Don't hold your breath.

Chacewater Football Club will be writing to the CCFA to inform them of Ken Moyle's magnificent achievement with the club.During those years,he has been a player,Manager,Secretary,Treasurer,President and now Chairman.He also watches the home games and those away that he can get to.

There is also another person at Chacewater who is also around 50 years service to football and that is Don Smith,a well known character who also doesn't miss a game.

You'r right Guy,he rings me at least four times a week and usually for a minimum half hour!

Where would we be without such people.Football would be much the poorer.

Nigel why dont you ask the club to get him a mobile phone and ask him to text you instead :D

I agree though the likes of Ken & Don are great characters and that helps to make a football club, Most people know about Chacewater f.c but mention Ken or Don and everyone i speak to knows or has heard of them, You cant be far behind now Nigel, The club are lucky to have such loyal and devoted people. :clapper:

Porthleven`s Dads Army still go to the ground everyday keeping the ground in tip top in all winds and weather, bloody good of them considering they are all getting old and cant move as much as they used to but it dont hold them back, they do it all for no money but the love of the club i just hope the club one day will show the appreciation back somehow or form, but they still graft hard down there, I`m proud to say one of them is my dad x

I know the Port chairman reads this site, so how about some sort of reconition for each of the dads army at next years dinner and dance? Would be good after this summers hard grafting and very fitting.

Roger Paynter has been a player and administrator at Grampound for well over 50 years. He was awarded a certificate by the CCFA at Grampound's centenary celebration dinner in 2002. Roger is now president of the club, never misses a game and as a qualified ref he still runs the line for us every Saturday.

Anyone who has stayed at a club for over a year these days deserves congratulations.

tom@white tigers :(

That maybe the case at Truro fella and does not say much about your commitment but have a little respect chap, Some of these people give there heart and soul into there respective clubs, Through thick and thin the good times and the bad.

Its people like them that every club needs and i for one congratulate them all. :clapper: :clapper:

Soccer Follower, How long have you been involved with the club? must be at least 25 years? :clapper:

Hope the ccfa respond to your letter and give these two characters something for their efforts.

As tom says most teams are lucky if a player stays more than a season these days!

Ron Manager, Nigel cant have been there that long he doesnt look old enough !!

Eh, he looks older than don! :P Only joking SF.

Was also talking to Ken about the trips to brittany which was a great weekend tour. I only went once but Cockerkneeboy was also on that trip, I'll see if i can dig out some photo's.

Guest St Bob

Kerwyn Prisk at St Day pick up an award a couple of season ago from the FA for 50 years service! Even played 10 mins in a memorial game in the same year , not sure at what age but still faster than Pooley!

Once a Saint always a Saint.

Saint Bob in Town (corn exchange) for one night only (Thursday) may see some of you?

Guest Doombar Kid

Apolagies if this is duplicated but I posted a reply earlier and it appears the post has gone walkabout

50 years is a long time in sport and a very well done to all those concerned.I would like to point out 3 gentleman who no doubt most of you know.They are Mike Young,Tony Retallack and Peter Young of Penryn AFC,I dont think it is quite 50 years service but when you think that these 3 gentlemen started Penryn from nothing to where Penryn are today and in addition are still friends I think this is unique.

I appriecate over the years a lot of people have assisted but bear in mind what Penryn are to day,the ground and clubhouse is owned by the club and for what I hear debt free