Praze-an-Beeble Reserves 1v1 St Ives Mariners
Division 5
Falmouth DC 3v0 Trevenson United Reserves
Mabe Reserves PvP Camborne Athletic
Madron Reserves 2v1 Probus Reserves
Newquay 4ths 4v3 Stithians Reserves
Wendron United 4ths 0v5 St Erme

Mabe res vs Camborne athletic.

Not exactly sure the reason why. 1st was no ref. I found a ref then I was told the 1st took 5 from the res team to play in the junior cup. So yet again no game. Whereas if we was told sooner then we could have arranged another game. If we get another wet winter I can see alot of those dreaded mid week games.

div 4.praze 1 mariners 1 good local derby played in good spirits throught out and well reffed,would say mariners had the better off the game but couldnt turn pressure in to goals before a rare praze attack result in a goal,mariners pushed hard for the equaliser which finally came in the last when greg stephens got on to a long kick down the field by myself to tuck in the bottom corner,cracking bunch at praze good luck for the season

Div 5. Madron 2 vs 1 Probus. 4 league wins on the bounce now, were on the up! Scrappy game, wind was tough and probus should have punished us but we hung in there. Ref was called upon last second to help us out and give everyone a game as ours didnt show.

Scorers: Dan Pope, Scott Lewis

Trelawny League Division 4: Carharrack Reserves 3-11 Ludgvan Reserves

Ludgvan turned in a commanding performance to beat Carharrack 11-3 at Clijah Croft.

The visitors took an early lead when midfielder Adam Fletcher's low drive from the edge of the area found the bottom left-hand corner, but were pegged back after referee Duncan Stevenson awarded a penalty at the other end for an apparent shirt pull.

The home side converted the spot-kick, but their jubilation would be short-lived as Fletcher replied with his second of the game - a well-struck shot from the right-hand side - just 30 seconds later.

The second penalty of the game was then awarded in the Hurlers' favour for a foul on the edge of the area, allowing Charlie Penney to convert from 12 yards to make it 3-1.

Ludgvan had goalkeeper Jonathan Fitchett to thank for keeping their two-goal lead intact, but their policy of keeping the ball on the deck continued to pay dividends when Ben Mills beat his man down the right-hand side before rifling home.

Mills then added his second - and the visitors' fifth - when the Carharrack defence failed to deal with a corner from the left-hand side, volleying through a crowded penalty area to further increase his side's advantage.

And some more good work from Mills contributed to the Hurlers' sixth, as the midfielder beat his marker to the byline before pulling the ball back for Jamie Leah to apply the finish from six yards out.

The goal marked Leah's third successive scoring game, and the forward added another just before half-time. After collecting the ball around 25 yards out, he turned and cut inside, using his pace to get in behind the defence before firing back across goal to send Ludgvan in 7-1 up at the interval.

Perhaps sensing they could still get something from the game, the home side looked lively after the restart and were rewarded with a goal from a corner. However, Fletcher restored the Hurlers' six-goal advantage from the penalty spot moments later, completing his hat-trick and rounding off a strong individual performance in the process.

A lapse of concentration in the Ludgvan defence then allowed Gavin Perraton through on goal, and the division's top scorer made no mistake as he rounded Fitchett before applying the finish to make it 8-3.

But the visitors continued their trend of hitting back almost immediately when Mills completed his hat-trick with a stunning first-time finish from 20 yards out, little more than a minute later.

Carharrack, to their credit, never gave up and would have had another goal had it not been for a goal line clearance from Michael Fitchett, but the Hurlers comfortably saw out the game by playing some neat possession football, which led to two more goals in their favour.

Jack Wing put Ludgvan into double figures with a close-range finish, before Scott Stevens rounded off a strong team performance to make it 11-3 late on.

Ludgvan Reserves: J Fitchett; Gray (J Hannaford), Penney, Matthews, M Fitchett; Mills, T Hannaford, Fletcher, Stevens; Wing, J Leah (Barnett).

cury v st agnes off no ref 2nd wk running no game no ref

Why can't you agree amongst yourselves to have one of your own guys ref. that's what we have had to do a couple of times.

Newquay refused to have our chairman ref our game......obviously they were really keen to play!!!

This week saw St Erme travel to play Wendron in the league, and with the other Wendron teams playing away both teams had the luxury of playing this fixture on the main pitch.

And it was the home side who started the better and dominated the 1st 20 mins in blustery conditions, but to be fair to St Erme they stood firm and although not creating anything themselves defended very well and never looked like conceding.

Finally St Erme got going and a poor clearance from the Wendron keeper saw the ball fall to Elliott Jolly who immediately played Mark Mitchell in who went on to finish neatly with a good strike, this seemed to get St Erme going and it was very quickly 2 after some great work by Adam Coveney down the left finished with Jolly scoring into an empty net after a goal mouth scramble, the away side were flying now and a deep cross from the quick Mitchell found Jolly at the back post who nodded home to notch his 2nd and St Erme's 3rd of the game. Wendron still had the odd chance to pull a goal back but were thwarted by the back line and goal keeper of St Erme, however it was soon to become 4 when the lively Terry Campbell produced some great stuff down the left before playing it across the 6yd box for Coveney to grab a goal with an easy finish, the ref blew for halftime with the score 0-4 to St Erme.

The 2nd half never really got going but wasn't helped by the horrendous wind that made it difficult to play any kind of football, but Wendron to their credit never gave up and created a couple of decent chances which came to no avail after Lee Langmaid produced a save for the cameras and Andy Mitchell producing a fantastic double tackle in the box to preserve the lead, the game gradually got a little messy with some petty little fouls but there was still the odd chance for St Erme to extend there lead with Dave Hill unlucky after a free kick came back off the angle of bar and post, but as the clock ran down it was 5 after a great ball into the box from Andy Mitchell wasn't dealt with by the home side and this resulted in substitute Mike Cruse putting away the lose ball to bring the proceedings to an end with a score line of 5-0 in St Erme's favour.

St Erme Man of the Match - Ian McDonnell who playing in the unfamiliar position on CB never put a foot wrong and was solid throughout.

cury v st agnes off no ref 2nd wk running no game no ref

Why can't you agree amongst yourselves to have one of your own guys ref. that's what we have had to do a couple of times. Newquay refused to have our chairman ref our game......obviously they were really keen to play!!!

Mabe res team done the same to Camborne athletic. Athletic asked a qualified ref to ref our game they used the excuse of not wanting a non league registered ref to do our game even though it was argeed to use him at 1st. Then come to find out the res cudnt raise a side. If they said that earlier then there's a good chance we cud av played another team but ah well thats football for u.

Div 3

Four Lanes 1 v Helston 3rds 4.
After a slow start and conceding a sloppy goal....there was only one team in this once we got going!. Great performance some quality football. Scorers: Charlie Autie (35 yard free kick!!) George Molcher, quaility little chip over the keeper, Lewis Hall (25 yard free kick), Fraser Paterson, superb finish from tight angle. Big shout out to Ben and Dan Turner, making their debuts in mens football only just 16 and impressed. Mom today was Lewis Hall followed closely by Charlie Conway.

Very well reffed by Steve Tootle. Thanks to Four Lanes for the hospitality after.

Trelawny prem

Chacewater 10-3 Gulval

Good game Gulval never gave up and worked hard we were more clinical than we have been as well. Bare 11 even with martin bromwell having to fulfil a player/manager role and even popped up with a scuffed cross that went in (cue a soccer am style "did he mean that?) good result for us and Gulval lads were a great bunch and look forward to playin you guys again in a couple weeks down ur place.Cheers

Division 5

Madron 2 Probus 1

Strange old game, Probus keeper only had two things to do and both we're to pick the ball out of the net in first half. Sowden6 was right that wind made the game a scrappy affair and Madron defended excellently, especially in second half. Couple of strange decisions (free kicks inside the penalty area), but any player who is willing to give up playing to ref gets my vote and we have no complaints and thought all in all a good ref performance, especially being let down last minute. Good lesson for our young team and many learning points, especially about finishing - a setback but that's football. Good luck to Mardon for the rest of season and hope your winning streak continues (well at least until we meet again) - good squad who work for each other.

Div 4: Lizard Reserves Vs Falmouth Town 3rds

A good competitive game played in good spirits throughout. 1-1 is probably a fair result after Lizard took the lead in the first half, the equaliser coming from a cross/shot part way through the second. Plenty of chances for both teams in challenging windy conditions. Thanks to the lads from Falmouth who stayed behind for a pasty and a pint, good luck for the rest of the season.

Lets clear this up, its a very complicated situation. We Mabe reserves knew for a week that we didnt have an allocated referee and by Thursday had no luck in finding one along as many other teams in the leagues so took the decision on giving The Firsts the opportunity to use a couple from the reserves and let the other lads make plans rather than string them along until 11 on Saturday which is the official time for the game to be called off. We had plenty of players on Thursday so where 'unable to raise a side' came from i don't know. From a Camborne Athletic perspective yes they found a referee not a registered one but all the same a referee but im afraid a Friday evening is just too late to expect things to just happen again people plan days with there family and so on they cant be expected to just drop plans like that. Hope this clears it up and we look forward to our game when its rearranged.

Lets clear this up, its a very complicated situation. We Mabe reserves knew for a week that we didnt have an allocated referee and by Thursday had no luck in finding one along as many other teams in the leagues so took the decision on giving The Firsts the opportunity to use a couple from the reserves and let the other lads make plans rather than string them along until 11 on Saturday which is the official time for the game to be called off. We had plenty of players on Thursday so where 'unable to raise a side' came from i don't know. From a Camborne Athletic perspective yes they found a referee not a registered one but all the same a referee but im afraid a Friday evening is just too late to expect things to just happen again people plan days with there family and so on they cant be expected to just drop plans like that. Hope this clears it up and we look forward to our game when its rearranged.

It doesn't appear too complicated to me; Athletic found you a referee, myself! Fully qualified, and keen to help get your game on! You chose not to take that option!

There are un-affiliated officials out there who, every now and again, can help teams out! My advice is to try and use them if given the opportunity, because there arnt enough 'official' officials out there to cover the games.

The late cancellation of your match meant i couldn't help someone else out, which is unfortunate....

Hope that clears it up :thumbsup:

......this cancelling games on a friday night is ridiculous......all efforts should be made to fulfil a fixture till at least midday on a saturday!!!! Sides struggling for full strength squads are using the 'not official ref' option when a stand in is offered a little bit easily imo

Gorgie, Us at Mabe appreciate the fact that you offered to referee the game, I dont know what time it was put to the people at our club that you was available to do the game, we always want to play a game and the boys were gutted Friday afternoon when we were told the game was off, we are in good form and wanted to keep the momentum going, being the skipper I was 1 that was very very keen to play the game.

As for waiting until the last minute on a Saturday, everyone at mabe fc wants to play football on a Saturday, most of us, myself included, has a family that would appreciate my time on a Saturday afternoon when possible. I want to play every week through the season, but I can't keep my wife and children hanging on until 12pm on a Saturday doing nothing just incase some thing happens all of a sudden at the last minute. If I'm told on a friday that we have no game, im off out with the family for the day

Hopefully when the fixture is played we get a ref on time and can enjoy a good game of football. Saturday was nothing to do with the 1st wanting to strengthen their squad for a junior cup game, the only time they asked for players was after the 2nd team boys were told that we wasn't going to play good luck to camborne for their season and we look forward to playing at your place and welcoming you to mabe

Gorgie, Us at Mabe appreciate the fact that you offered to referee the game, I dont know what time it was put to the people at our club that you was available to do the game, we always want to play a game and the boys were gutted Friday afternoon when we were told the game was off, we are in good form and wanted to keep the momentum going, being the skipper I was 1 that was very very keen to play the game.

As for waiting until the last minute on a Saturday, everyone at mabe fc wants to play football on a Saturday, most of us, myself included, has a family that would appreciate my time on a Saturday afternoon when possible. I want to play every week through the season, but I can't keep my wife and children hanging on until 12pm on a Saturday doing nothing just incase some thing happens all of a sudden at the last minute. If I'm told on a friday that we have no game, im off out with the family for the day

Hopefully when the fixture is played we get a ref on time and can enjoy a good game of football. Saturday was nothing to do with the 1st wanting to strengthen their squad for a junior cup game, the only time they asked for players was after the 2nd team boys were told that we wasn't going to play good luck to camborne for their season and we look forward to playing at your place and welcoming you to mabe

No problem fal lad

Just to clarify, i'm not associated with any club; just a 'floating' ref, if you like....

Not always available, hence didn't affiliate with county this season

All the best