Division 4

Lizard Argyle Reserves v. Gwinear Churchtown Reserves

Newlyn Non-Athletico Reserves v. Praze-an-Beeble Reserves

Division 5

Mabe Reserves v. Wendron United 4ths

Madron Reserves v. Stithians Reserves

Trevenson United Reserves v. Newquay 4ths

Holmans Res 3-0 West Cornwall Res

Well done to Holmans, wanted it more than us and were organised, we lacked confidence and desire which is disappointing.

I also witnessed the worst refereeing performance I've ever seen, looking forward to my report paperwork to come through, hopefully Holmans will back me up with it too, the guy should never be let near a game again.

When will people realise all this criticism of referees is driving current referees out of the game and is stopping potential referees from coming in to the game. The referees may well have a poor game from time to time but don't players as well. Give them a chance after all they are only there so you can all have a game of football. There isn't enough referees as it is.

Wedding280991 were you at the game?? I'm normally the guy backing referees, and there are a lot of good ones out there, Lee Atkinson, Mike Carter Nick O'Dwyer to name a few. I'm also looking to do my Qual in the near future to get involved. But when something is good I like to congratulate it but when things are bad to the point they were today I also mention it as its not good for the game.

It wasn't a bad performance, we can all have them as players, coaches and refs, it was shambolic.

Seems like West Cornwall never lose because their opponents deserve to win, it's always the refs fault. Grow some balls and admit when you're beaten by a better team. Lol !

Did you not read the first sentence clubman or do you have trouble transferring the first sentence to long term memory as you read the second???

The ref did not effect the result, he was shambolic for both sides, shouting and arguing with the players, waving fingers in players faces, giving some ridiculous decisions which no one else saw or knew were 'laws of the game'. Never allowing the game to flow, bringing it back for fouls when the team still have good possession. The guy could start an argument in an empty room. Both teams were gob smacked by the performance.

Holman Sports Club Reserves 3-0 West Cornwall Reserves (ht 3-0)

Att - 15

Nice sunny afternoon at Blaythorne and following a stop start season for me to say the least it was good to get a bit of a leg stretch although writing this on Sunday I may have stretched everything a bit to much as I can hardly move. Holmans are sporting a bit of 'experience' with me Shane and the Peter Pan of the football world in Lavo and the experience was bolstered even more with bells on by newly wed (again) Dave Cooper who at 103 years old came into the side due to injuries and a few Lord Lucan no shows

The Ref had a good start inspecting the wrong pitch before the match. I know we are blessed with two pitches and the 2nds due to our unfit nature and laziness have been known to use the smaller of the two but I thought the four upright sticks with the little flag on top in each corner of the main pitch might have been a bit of a give away :)

With Craig 'gingani' Johnson providing us plenty of square footage as a target man up front the home side started brightly and an early goal settled our nerves. Coops was organising the back 3 of Tom and me well with the only calamity being when I stupidly attempted to use my left foot for kicking a ball rather then the 99.8% use of standing on it.....cue a massive 2yd punt upfield and General abuse from the sidelines from Jolls, Deano and Gareth who luckily had chosen that particular moment to turn up!!!!

Gingani got caught offside a couple of times and although we protested a few times we did realise his body was actually onside by a yd but his belly was 3 yds off!! :). He made amends from a corner though by scoring our second when from 2 yds out he smashed in our 2nd.....even more impressive was he smashed it in off the crossbar!

West Cornwall have already mentioned the Ref and I must admit some of the decisions were a bit odd Tom quite blatantly knocked the ball out for a throw with no one around and he still gave it our way and I upended someone only for the away side to be through 1 on 1 and then he brought the play back and he kind of enforced a new rule of 15 yds away for a wall for a free kick but I think what Danny was trying to get at in his earlier post was his communication on the pitch is a bit lacking not that he didn't talk but let's put it this way if his Ref job doesn't work out I hear their are still jobs going as a prison interrogator at Guantanamo Bay!!! It was sometimes quite bad even mild mannered Shane Richards got an earful following a sarcastic comment to one of the opposing team and their was hand gestures reminiscent of waving aircraft in!!!......anyway less on the Ref now!

A deserved 3rd goal from Wally pretty much clinched it for us and although we tired and West Cornwall played a lot better 2nd half we held firm with Pagey having an excellent game filling in for Batch in goal who had gone with the first team hunting junior cup glory. So a good 3 points keeps us in the better half of the league and on to next week but we will have a few out with Coops off on honeymoon, captain marvel Wally swanning off to Oz and my stop start season going into stop again as I head off to attempt to get my pre-xmas tan somewhere hot and sunny :)

Holman Sports Club Reserves 3-0 West Cornwall Reserves (ht 3-0)

Att - 15

Nice sunny afternoon at Blaythorne and following a stop start season for me to say the least it was good to get a bit of a leg stretch although writing this on Sunday I may have stretched everything a bit to much as I can hardly move. Holmans are sporting a bit of 'experience' with me Shane and the Peter Pan of the football world in Lavo and the experience was bolstered even more with bells on by newly wed (again) Dave Cooper who at 103 years old came into the side due to injuries and a few Lord Lucan no shows

The Ref had a good start inspecting the wrong pitch before the match. I know we are blessed with two pitches and the 2nds due to our unfit nature and laziness have been known to use the smaller of the two but I thought the four upright sticks with the little flag on top in each corner of the main pitch might have been a bit of a give away :)

With Craig 'gingani' Johnson providing us plenty of square footage as a target man up front the home side started brightly and an early goal settled our nerves. Coops was organising the back 3 of Tom and me well with the only calamity being when I stupidly attempted to use my left foot for kicking a ball rather then the 99.8% use of standing on it.....cue a massive 2yd punt upfield and General abuse from the sidelines from Jolls, Deano and Gareth who luckily had chosen that particular moment to turn up!!!!

Gingani got caught offside a couple of times and although we protested a few times we did realise his body was actually onside by a yd but his belly was 3 yds off!! :). He made amends from a corner though by scoring our second when from 2 yds out he smashed in our 2nd.....even more impressive was he smashed it in off the crossbar!

West Cornwall have already mentioned the Ref and I must admit some of the decisions were a bit odd Tom quite blatantly knocked the ball out for a throw with no one around and he still gave it our way and I upended someone only for the away side to be through 1 on 1 and then he brought the play back and he kind of enforced a new rule of 15 yds away for a wall for a free kick but I think what Danny was trying to get at in his earlier post was his communication on the pitch is a bit lacking not that he didn't talk but let's put it this way if his Ref job doesn't work out I hear their are still jobs going as a prison interrogator at Guantanamo Bay!!! It was sometimes quite bad even mild mannered Shane Richards got an earful following a sarcastic comment to one of the opposing team and their was hand gestures reminiscent of waving aircraft in!!!......anyway less on the Ref now!

A deserved 3rd goal from Wally pretty much clinched it for us and although we tired and West Cornwall played a lot better 2nd half we held firm with Pagey having an excellent game filling in for Batch in goal who had gone with the first team hunting junior cup glory. So a good 3 points keeps us in the better half of the league and on to next week but we will have a few out with Coops off on honeymoon, captain marvel Wally swanning off to Oz and my stop start season going into stop again as I head off to attempt to get my pre-xmas tan somewhere hot and sunny :)

Another enjoyable match report to read Pitty :)

Well done to Holmans, wanted it more than us and were organised, we lacked confidence and desire which is disappointing.

I also witnessed the worst refereeing performance I've ever seen, looking forward to my report paperwork to come through, hopefully Holmans will back me up with it too, the guy should never be let near a game again.

Presumably it'll be a definite below 60 mark?

Just out of interest were there any players to mention who had a below average performance?

Just out of interest were there any players to mention who had a below average performance?

Yes it will be below 60, players did have poor performances but through mistakes which anyone can make or poor decision making again which anyone can make, players or officials. Not allowing the game to flow or playing advantage, making up rules, blatant wrong decisions and shouting and arguing with players whilst the ball is in play rather than watching the game or stopping it to deal with the situation is unacceptable.

I know there is a lack of referees but that doesn't mean that all of them should remain as referees.

Referees are the most important people on the pitch, without them we do not have a game but that does not mean the game should be about them.

Just out of interest were there any players to mention who had a below average performance?Yes it will be below 60, players did have poor performances but through mistakes which anyone can make or poor decision making again which anyone can make, players or officials. Not allowing the game to flow or playing advantage, making up rules, blatant wrong decisions and shouting and arguing with players whilst the ball is in play rather than watching the game or stopping it to deal with the situation is unacceptable.

I know there is a lack of referees but that doesn't mean that all of them should remain as referees.

Referees are the most important people on the pitch, without them we do not have a game but that does not mean the game should be about them.Are those players that had poor games being dropped for your next one?

Just out of interest were there any players to mention who had a below average performance?Yes it will be below 60, players did have poor performances but through mistakes which anyone can make or poor decision making again which anyone can make, players or officials. Not allowing the game to flow or playing advantage, making up rules, blatant wrong decisions and shouting and arguing with players whilst the ball is in play rather than watching the game or stopping it to deal with the situation is unacceptable.

Referees are the most important people on the pitch, without them we do not have a game but that does not mean the game should be about them.Are those players that had poor games being dropped for your next one?

If their performance was unacceptable then yes, there is a difference between poor performance and unacceptable to be in control of a game.

You can fish all you like, but what was on display yesterday is not up to standard and should not be allowed to continue, it's not the first time we have had him and he was the same last time.

Division 5: Trevenson United Reserves 2 v 6 Newquay 4th

Newquay recorded their 2nd consecutive win although we did leave it a bit late. With the score at 2-2 and having taken the lead twice in the game it wasn't until the last 10 minutes when our younger members of the team eventually managed to use their fitness against a 'not so 'fit' Trevenson and score 4 goals in the space of 8 minutes.

Despite plenty of verbal from the opposition during the game they were very complementary after the final whistle and were full of advice for our 16 year olds.