Cornwall Football Forum

Launceston v Parkway

Launceston 0 - 4 Parkway Landricombe 3 and Rocky.

As comfortable as the scoreline suggests Landricombe also hit the woodwork twice in the first half.

Long season ahead for Launceston, have already played so many games and unusually struggling in the bottom half although they were missing several key players tonight

Whenever I have seen Launceston play I have always thought Blake gives them the bite and tenacity that has made them such a hard side to beat over the years. That's what has made launceston a top 5-6 side, because they are hard to beat. Not always going to play teams off the park or knock 6 goals past sides, but guaranteed a well organised and hard working unit. If you have lost that in your team Keith then I am afraid Launceston may find this season a hard slog.

Whenever I have seen Launceston play I have always thought Blake gives them the bite and tenacity that has made them such a hard side to beat over the years. That's what has made launceston a top 5-6 side, because they are hard to beat. Not always going to play teams off the park or knock 6 goals past sides, but guaranteed a well organised and hard working unit. If you have lost that in your team Keith then I am afraid Launceston may find this season a hard slog.

That was what surprised me and The Bald One last night. Any Launceston side is usually tough to play against, but Parkway were able to play the game at their own pace last night once it went to 2-0. In terms of completely controlling the tempo, possession and creating chances at will,that was probably the best away league performance I have seen from Parkway since they beat Newquay 5-0 at Mount Wise last season.

It is also worth mentioning a couple of lads who don't usually get plaudits, Josh Colwill pulled off a few blinding saves when the game was still close in the first half, and Dan Hart looked very influential and involved after starting for the injured Shane Krac.

Three wins out of the last five matches, and the beginnings of a bit of an unbeaten run. Parkway now up to fourth and serving notice that they will be in the shake up for the title.