Gulval Reserves 0v7 Frogpool & Cusgarne Reserves

Division Five
Falmouth DC 0v4 Newlyn Lions
Mabe Reserves 8v2 Newquay 4ths
Madron Reserves 2v4 Camborne Town
Railway Locomotiv 0v5 Probus Reserves

Barker Bowl

Camborne Athletic - 2 St Erme - 6

Today we were hosted by Camborne in the barker bowl cup.

The weather was humid and the game was played in good spirits, St Erme came out a little sluggish again and Camborne had a couple of chances to take the lead. However they would pay for not taking them as Elliott Jolly controlled the ball on the edge of the box before burying it in the bottom corner assisted by Miguel Diez the game continued in similar vein but St Erme slowly started to get going and then went 2 up as a long goal kick was flicked on by Jolly for Kyle Savin to pounce and round the keeper before slotting away. St Erme had their tails up and then went 3 nil up as a great cross from Campbell found Adam Conveney unmarked who headed home, the saints looked like they could score at any time and scored a 4th after a mistake by the defender who played a short back pass that was intercepted by Jolly to round the keeper and score his 12th of the season, the half finished with St Erme in control.

The 2nd half started and as per usual St Erme started slowly, but credit to Camborne must be given as they came out and put us under pressure and managed to pull a couple of goals back through some good play, however in between them St Erme got a 5th when Coveney played in Mark Mitchell who finished superbly with a lob over the keeper, there was also time for St Erme to grab a 6th when man of the match Terry Campbell grabbed a great goal when he used his neat feet in the box to find the back of the net.

The game finished 2-6 to St Erme, well played to Camborne who will feel unlucky not to have scored more, but St Erme took their chances, a good bunch at Camborne and see you later on in the season.

St Erme man of the match - Terry Campbell

Camborne park 3 -2 West cornwall reserves

Good end to end game couple good goals for both sides, felt we just defended a bit better on the day, Decent bunch at west cornwall keep the ball very well and in sam kevern and ian chatfield always had a goalscoring threat,

Goal scorers camborne park :

Michael Catterall

Marcus Grasso

Pete Norfolk

Special mention to gary stephens west cornwall keeper for an incredible save midway through 2nd half, Everyone thought it was in!!! And sam kevern for his top banter in club after the game... Best luck for rest of season

Division 5

Falmouth DC 0-4 Newlyn Lions

Very comfortable for the Lions today and as Timbotastic said we were very wasteful in front of goal.

But that said, the win left us top of the table with St Erme in cup competition today and still unbeaten in the league.

Best of luck to a very young DC, i'm sure they will give lots of teams problems this season, see you in a few weeks.

Mark

Holman Sports Club Reserves 5-3 St Day Reserves

Att 20

So I've been a bit absent lately due to being a big scaredy pants over getting injured for work but after taking a great big man up pill managed to con Hammers & Coops that at 39 my best years were still ahead of me so in possession of my 'E-Bay' boots bought especially for the occasion lined up for this Trelawny Div 3 match on a beautiful sunny end of September day at Blaythorne. Holmans have got some talented youngsters coming through but we don't like having the average age to low so I was especially pleased to see old man Lavo and Shane Richards in the squad both also making their debuts

St Day looked pretty pacy up front in fact I think both their strikers may have been of Jamaican descent but Tom and Status were doing a good man marking job right up to the point one of them tried a rather underhand sneaky chip shot which Hammers should have been able to handle with ease........well he would have done if he hadn't gone walkabout about 12 yds off his goaline.......we quickly rectified the situation by tying a Bungey cord around the post and attaching it to his waist.....I still say my idea of attaching it to the crossbar and having him hang like Spider-Man would have been much funnier. I nearly sent my Ebay boots back following an attempted half volly that I sliced better then Iaan Poultners first day form at the Ryder Cup. Holmans drew level following a quite blatant push in the St Day penalty area in fact the fact Danny Scorers brother who commited the foul came out of it with a wallet and Rolex watch may have indicated it was more mugging then tackle. Wellser dispatched the pen to make it 1-1

After that I can't remember to much as I was gasping for breath for the next 60 mins but Holmans went into the lead just before halftime and also got another penalty that was dispatched by Holmans skipper and birthday boy Wally their was a bit of controversy when Ben made a tackle on the edge of our area.....technically he got the ball but his impersonation of Bruce Lee & Jackie Chans love child probably deserved a bit of a slap on the wrist and a time of contemplation on the naughty step

St Day finished the game strongly and we discovered we had left the bungy cord still attached to the other goalpost at halftime as Nige got lobbed.....again :)......luckily Shane found his scoring touch and blasted one in towards the end to give us the 3 much needed points and I did the full 90mins which I just know my body is going to remind me what a mistake that was for the next three days!!!

Four Lanes 5-1 Cury FC

Thoroughly enjoyed playing in todays game,

Will leave a match report down to Cury fc.

Good bunch of guys.

Played in great spirit.

Let's just say you got every decision. Foul wrong way for first goal over ruled linesman for second goal, insisting the ref is in charge only to be over ruled my your linesman when a corner was awarded only for your linesman to enter the field of play to inform his pal that a goal kick would be more suited to the home team, nothing to report is second half as still seeing stars after being caught by an elbow. Wasn't surprised to see in the pub after the positioning of a certain person laughing and joking amongst his mates. All that said well done to four lanes good luck with the rest of the season and thanks to the Victoria inn (four lanes) for after match food.

Four Lanes 5-1 Cury FC

Good bunch of guys.

Played in great spirit.

Let's just say you got every decision. Foul wrong way for first goal over ruled linesman for second goal, insisting the ref is in charge only to be over ruled my your linesman when a corner was awarded only for your linesman to enter the field of play to inform his pal that a goal kick would be more suited to the home team, nothing to report is second half as still seeing stars after being caught by an elbow. Wasn't surprised to see in the pub after the positioning of a certain person laughing and joking amongst his mates. All that said well done to four lanes good luck with the rest of the season and thanks to the Victoria inn (four lanes) for after match food.

And here I was thinking you'd of stopped moaning after the final whistle.

Good luck for the rest of the season Cury, overall a good bunch.

Four Lanes 5-1 Cury FC

Good bunch of guys.

Played in great spirit.

Four Lanes 5-1 Cury FC

Good bunch of guys.

Played in great spirit.

And here I was thinking you'd of stopped moaning after the final whistle.

Good luck for the rest of the season Cury, overall a good bunch.

Not moaning just pointing out a few facts win lose or draw we enjoy the game. Like I said good luck for the season that's for the after match food.

I'll inform the player you spoke about he shouldn't laugh or joke with friends again ;-)

Haha didn't realise he was also a player of yours lol. You are correct though all laughing and joking should be banned with immediate effect.

On a positive note thought your front 2 were as good as we have seen this season, great movement and hold up play.

Percy Stephens Cup

Marazion 1st 5 - 1 Storm 1st

A really hard fought win against an organised Storm team. Nothing between the teams in the opening 15mins but once we scored we took control of the game. Storm always looked dangerous on the break and used their big forward to good effect. Liam Mooney opened the scoring tapping in from close range after being set up by Craig Rennard. Liam got his second after good work from Matty Thomas, finishing with a right foot shot into the roof of the net. Matt then got on the score sheet himself, rounding the keeper and tapping into the empty net. 3-0 at half time although Kevin in goal had to pull off one very good save from a Storm forward.

We made a couple of changes at the break and it was one of the subs that assisted with Matt's second. Jason O'Sullivan, who had just replaced Sanjay Vadgama, slid the ball beyond the Storm back line and Matty rifled it past the Storm keeper. Liam completed his hat-trick and Storm grabbed a consolation goal.

Special mention for Kyle Pierce who got book within 2 minutes of coming on.

Glad to be in the next round and look forward to playing Storm in a couple of weeks in another cup.

Kevin Waite

Anthony Stott

Jordan Taylor

Adam Caul

Adam Martin

Craig Rennard

Steve Hunt

Dale Vigus

Sanjay Vadgama

Matty Thomas 2

Liam Mooney 3

Subs

Kyle Pierce

Jason O'Sullivan

Danny Taylor

James Burlingham

MOM - Matty Thomas, scored two, assisted and ran the Storm defence ragged.

Redruth UTD Reserves 5 - 0 St Just Reserves

After a week of changes and some uncertainty it was nice just to get back to playing football and a strong side, which was still missing 6 players, took to the field and set about enjoying their Saturday afternoon.

Our Gambian under 17 international (so I'm told) opened the scoring with a calm and precise finish after some neat build up play. Chris Dower completed a 1st half hat trick to send us in 4 nil up at the break with the only real time our back 4 looked under pressure was when they over played and put themselves into trouble.

In the second half we made some changes to give some much needed playing time to some squad members and Dave WIckes took his chance with an assist for Chris Dower's 4th. It was a little disappointing that the lads all saw an opportunity to score for themselves and stopped playing the football that put us 5 nil up but sometimes that's the way things go, all in all was a very positive performance with the lads buying into a new formation and new way of playing.

All credit to St Just whose Keeper made numerous saves to keep the scoreline down and their players never gave up. Good luck for the rest of the season.

Thanks to the boys for their support on Saturday and if they show the same commitment and desire I'm sure we can have a successful season. Hopefully this result and more importantly the performance will give the players some confidence going into our next few games and be the catalyst for a run of good results.