Cornwall Football Forum

Saturday League equivalent?

What are everybody's thoughts on the standard of Sunday football compared to the Saturday leagues? I was talking about this with a couple of lads and we settled on Sunday league 1 being of similar standard to Mining 2, with the players throughout the league. I personally think that the stigma of hungover Saturday rugby players has long gone ( thank god ) and as we all know there is some cracking football played of a Sunday morn! What do you think?

the standard varies in teams,some of the teams in sunday league 1 would do ok in fhfl 1, last season falmouth albion team were alot of 1st team players.

and tms this season have a very good line up with jake harvey dean stevans ryan stephens antony caddy steve howson dan taylor daniel geach ian jay keir dent all play in the top divisions of jounior football.

it was 10 - 2. topcat.

keir dent didnt play he went up to his boyfriends on saturday was here on sunday dont think he will be playing sundays for tms.

and jake and deano played scored a few

I think Sunday league has dramatically gone downhill, a couple of half decent teams, but the rest are pretty bad. but Sunday league was really started for players that were unable to play on Saturdays. Then teams started bringing in so called Saturday footballers then Senior players for cup games. the league has now rid themselves of Senior players. In my opinion it is about the same level as Mining 3 with the exception of a couple that are mining 2. Effects your Saturday football imensley if you want to win things at top junior level my advice steer clear!

Some good comments guys thank you! Interesting point from 'topcat' about Saturday footballers being brought in to play. I can't make Saturday football due to work / family commitments / going to watch Argyle ( not in that order necessarily ), and I relish playing against some good players from the higher echelons of the mining and fhfl, this was the reason for the topic, if these players are playing on a Sunday then the overall standard is bound to improve.

In my opinion you have 3 or 4 good teams in divison one who could hold their own in fh1 but then there is big division betweetn rest, sorry dont know about division 2.

TOPCAT deano and jake and dan taylor ripped crowntoen apart 8-1 at half time before they all had to come off within 10mins of second half or we could have been looking at 20-1

In my opinion you have 3 or 4 good teams in divison one who could hold their own in fh1 but then there is big division betweetn rest, sorry dont know about division 2.

TOPCAT deano and jake and dan taylor ripped crowntoen apart 8-1 at half time before they all had to come off within 10mins of second half or we could have been looking at 20-1

20 -2, I think

In my experience of playing both saturday football (mining league) and sunday league i can only say that the standard of teams varies. In sunday div1 teams like truro alphabet and threemilestone could probably hold there own in mining 1, whereas other tems in the league like oxford and crowntown would be average to decent mining 2 teams. However other sides would struggle in mining 3. The fact u play on sunday mornings also has a factor in performance aswell i think (hangovers, moaning spouses, can't be bothered, etc)!!! :c:

Guest Hayle Caesar

Will be interesting to see how TMS (Mining) do against Fal Albion (Hel/Fal) next sat in the Junior Cup. If TMS win does that mean they are better then the TMS sunday team and that Mining is better then Hel/Fal? I think that it's all about the day that counts, anything else is just a guess and personal opinion, not fact.

With Albion having a bit of a hard time in Fal/Hel div 1 winning just 2 games in 6 TMS have their best chance of beating a Fal/Hel side. on current form 12th placed Albion are about level with TMS who are 3rd in mining league. Albion 3 v Tms 1 is my prediction. good luck to both sides!

I don,t need to worry as far as TMS are concerned Your Sunday team was described as P*** poor and their supposed to be better than TMS Saturday side. Did you complete the game to-day Geachy1 or did you throw your toys out of the pram like last week? Don,t fancy your chances with Albion next week!

Guest geachy1

people say the sunday side are better because of 2 players.deano and jake, the sayurday side is the better team. we have one of the best strikers in jounior football (sulli gardener) the whole side is full of talent.

Guest Postie Pidge

Geachy for your information Kev could play for Mpad anytime he wants. The reason he doesn't play on Sunday is because his daughter plays at the same time so that comes first. Kev is a veteran of Sunday football, having played for years and even at the age of 44(?) he's still got what it takes

Guest geachy1

i apoligises for the offensive language i used before which has now been taken off.

i do think topcat shuold have more respect for tms, you would never here me shoot down athletic.

pidgeion y r u getting involved its not your argument.