Cornwall Football Forum

** PARKWAY V GODOLPHIN **

Cannot make head or tail of it !!

Parkway (away) were poor against a Godophin team missing afew of there stronger players (right back, both centre halves and centre midfielder,although Jamie Lowry played and his brother was outstanding up front), however they did win 4.3.

If Dan Hart is playing on Saturday the margin will be greater.

Of course results are not about one player and it is the team that win or loss a match, however Parkway against Godolphin this season played little football through there midfield (and won) as for when I saw them last season, particularly against Bodmin (and lost) they played great football through midfield.

( Parkways one tactic seemed to be a quick diagonal ball from the right into the channel for Levi to run onto or battle for. He excellent at both, so keep him on his right foot !!!).

How can you say Dan Hart was best player when if im not mistaken Levi Landricmbe scored 62 goals take him out of the Parkway team and they would not be so strong . I would like to think THE G Could beat Parkway tmmrw but i cant see it they badly missing Ollie Pinnel at the moment so its got to be a Parkway win going for a 4 -1 win Levi hat trick

Well Mary , The Bald One thinks that football is a funny old game. Both teams that have beaten Parkway in the league played some very good football and thoroughly deserved the 3 points. I am sure there will be a few more defeats for us before the season ends. Win , draw or lose , I will still go and watch my local team. A great bunch of people running the club and good match day banter.

And that is what The Bald One thinks.

Haven't been able to get to many games this season but, from what others have told me, the cliche about it being harder to retain a title than win it is proving correct. It seems like there are players missing every week through one thing or another,and the loss of one or two others has been crucial. Ben Elphick in particular is a tough player to replace in goal, Adam Carter gave Parkway a focal point in attack, Danny Gaze was very experienced in winning trophies and someone like Marc Bonney was a good man to have around the squad as he could play in several different positions. The jury is certainly out with regards to a few of the faces that have come in, and the whole squad just seems a little lost and directionless in a few of the matches. Parkway have also developed a habit of conceding early goals, which leaves them having to chase games ,and the opposition in the position of being able to "park the bus.".They managed to dig themselves out of a hole against Godolphin away, but not against the same side at Bolitho and then at home to Torpoint. Perhaps Peninsula League sides have indeed" worked out" Parkway.I heard the three best performances were against Buckland and Tiverton in the FA Cup and Willand in the FA Vase. None of them are Peninsula sides.

Tough week ahead with an always awkward midweek trip to Camelford ,and then leaders Ivybridge, unbeaten Witheridge and a rejuvenated Bodmin at Bolitho in the space of nine days. Too early to talk about crunch fixtures, but we will all know a lot more by the 27th of September.

Well Mary , The Bald One thinks that football is a funny old game. Both teams that have beaten Parkway in the league played some very good football and thoroughly deserved the 3 points. I am sure there will be a few more defeats for us before the season ends. Win , draw or lose , I will still go and watch my local team. A great bunch of people running the club and good match day banter.

You would say that gez

You would say that gez

Wrong .

As much as I hate to say it, Marypoppins is right. The only way to win the respective leagues is to pay the most......Bodmin, Buckland and Parkway all done it in the seasons they won the league and the biggest payers in the East and West normally succeed, just look at Callington and Stoke from last season and Godolphin and Exmouth the previous years. Money talks and always will.