Cornwall Football Forum

** PARKWAY V TORPOINT **

Parkway 0 Torpoint 2 ( Lewis Pacey,Sam West) (HT 0-1)

Pretty miserable night for the defending champions right from when Lewis Pacey run through to score for Torpoint after 30 seconds . Parkway were lucky to get to the break only behind to this goal with the visitors hitting the post , having a goal controversially disallowed and Paddy West failing to score with a free header just yards out . The only Parkway effort was Shane Krac's long range drive that went over towards half time. The second half was ,if anything , even worse for the home side, and after Torpoint had hit the post on another couple of occasions, Sam West got the second when his effort squirmed through the legs of Josh Colwill into the net. The evening of Colwill and Parkway got even worse when he was sent off late on for handling outside of his area.

The headlines will be all about Parkway tamely surrendering their unbeaten start, but Torpoint were the better side in all areas ,and were good value for the win.

Went to watch Parkway v Torpoint tonight fully expecting to see Parkway stroll to a comfortable win in perfect conditions infront of a large crowd so when Pace put Torpoint one up after a minute I was pleasantly surprised by what was to follow.The predicted onslaught did not come intact I don't recall a Parkway shot.The attitude of the Torpoint players was the best I've seen from a local side in a long time.Not only did they run themselves into the ground they also showed a lot of quality on the ball creating 7/8 clear chances.They were a credit to their club.On a less positive note it was a shame to see some of the actions of the Parkway players after going one and two behind.These so called top players in the league rolled over and at one stage a player [who I shall not name] walked over to the sideline where I was stood looked to his mates laughed, shrugged his shoulders and said "who gives a ****" shocking attitude .Credit to Torpoint though just shows what hard work , organisation and a will to win can achieve

Yes Dave , that is correct. Parkway fielded a very strong squad last night. Colwill , Trott , Stringer , Washburn , Krac , Lewis , Bass ,Hart , Hilson , Richards , Neale. Subs = Colwell , Wright , L.Landricmbe.

No excuses , Torpoint hit the woodwork 3 times , had what I thought was a good goal dis-allowed , scored 2 well taken goals and thoroughly deserved the victory.

We seemed to have gone away from what Parkway do best , keep the ball on the ground and pass ?

Still , early days yet. Well done Torpoint .

As I have been working away all summer, lost track of what has been going on in this league. Managed to take in last nights game before I am on my travels again. Watched Parkway on a lot of occasions last season along with a few other games. You cant argue with the success even though there always seemed to be the favoured few. Last night they were outplayed by a very up for it Torpoint. Last night the egos were at it again a certain few that can make mistake after mistake and it is always someone else who is to blame. The lads who are not amongst the self elected elite dare not make a single mistake. But saying this I hear they had a few players out so I should imagine when they are back they will be up there challenging again. Lets hope they will have challengers to make it a competitive league this season