Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Results and table - Tues 19th Aug 2014

Fixtures for Tuesday 19th August.

Post on here your results, scorers and attendances please so I can keep the website up to date, and inform the newspapers and radio or you can text me on 07597907549 with the details

Thanks

Cornwall Combination League

Tue 19th Aug

Goonhavern Atletic 0-4 St Agnes (Mike Burn 2, Duane Britton, Martin Bennets)

Att - 45

Hayle (Corey Jewell) 1-0 Porthleven Reserves

Att - 30

Helston Athletic Reserves (James Moseley, Jack Noy) 2-0 Perranwell

Att - 35

Illogan RBL Reserves 0-2 Falmouth Town Reserves (Dominic Pullen 2)

Att - 30

Redruth United (Dan McInerney, Ben Beesley) 2-0 Mullion

Att - 74

St Ives Town (George Hatton) 1-2 Ludgvan (Johnny Ludlam, Gerens James)

Att - 40

St Just (Jack Willis 3, Neil Curnow 2, OG) 6-0 Penryn Athletic Reserves

Att - 40

Troon (Bradley Philips) 1-7 Newquay Reserves (Dean Vince 3, Don Roberts 2, Sean Lambert, James Craddock)

Att - 30

Wendron United (Luke Wort 3, Justin Searle 2, Jason Roberts) 6-2 St Day (Gavin Boon 2)

Att - 30

POS TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS

1 ST AGNES 4 4 0 0 19 3 16 12

2 REDRUTH 4 4 0 0 16 2 14 12

3 LUDGVAN 4 3 1 0 16 3 13 10

4 ST JUST 4 3 1 0 12 1 11 10

5 FALMOUTH 4 3 0 1 8 5 3 9

6 NEWQUAY 4 2 1 1 10 5 5 7

7 MULLION 4 2 1 1 9 6 3 7

8 WENDRON 4 2 0 2 12 7 5 6

9 PERRANWELL 4 2 0 2 9 8 1 6

10 ILLOGAN 4 2 0 2 7 6 1 6

11 HELSTON 4 2 0 2 5 5 0 6

12 ST DAY 4 1 1 2 8 11 -3 4

13 GOONHAVERN 4 1 1 2 6 11 -5 4

14 HAYLE 4 1 0 3 6 14 -8 3

15 ST IVES 4 0 1 3 2 9 -7 1

16 PENRYN 4 0 1 3 3 16 -13 1

17 CULDROSE 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

18 PORTHLEVEN 4 0 0 3 1 14 -13 0

19 TROON 4 0 0 4 5 28 -23 0

Personally I think the team that concedes the least goals will win the league this year. I can see Wendron and St.day conceding to many goals this season but they should both be top 5. Id like to see St.agnes to win the league this season, Looks like the slow building process has made them a lot stronger. After watching Redruth, it seems the long ball game has been working for them. They will soon be found out against a good passing team and on the bigger pitches. :c::yahoo:

Personally I think the team that concedes the least goals will win the league this year. I can see Wendron and St.day conceding to many goals this season but they should both be top 5. Id like to see St.agnes to win the league this season, Looks like the slow building process has made them a lot stronger. After watching Redruth, it seems the long ball game has been working for them. They will soon be found out against a good passing team and on the bigger pitches. :c::yahoo:

The bigger pitches ? Where is that exactly ?

6 goals at penryn 5 at Porthleven and 3 at perranwell ....anyway thanks for the motivation you can be assured we'll use it wisely.

would just like to welcome one and all to Clijah croft for our first home fixture of the season tomorrow night against a very good Mullion team.

We as a club have worked very hard during the summer months to improve our home ground so come down and let us know what you think all will be welcome.

the same as last year refreshments will be available.

It was a compliment to you. A very good team with some good effective players. Id just be interested to see redruth against a good passing team to see if they could change their style of play and not rely on your physical game. The game i saw you just relied on your keeper pumping the ball into the box, but it worked so stick with it i guess :P

Good Luck for the season, i expect you to finish top 3 :D

I think Neal Jeffries is arguably the best manager in the league and in my view they played the best football last year. And to be a top team you need to win in different ways and I know more than most that Neal is not a long ball person but will use it and try it to win a football match. So I expect big things from Redruth and if you finish above them you will win the league as they will be in the top 2 positions. Good luck Redruth

Redruth must be hoping they have the same referee as they had tonight.!!!

Have to say, he was pathetic for both sides.

Didn't affect the result though.

Well done to Neil, I respected your honesty, & good luck to Redruth for the rest of the season.

A tough side to play against & will be thereabouts come may.

Redruth must be hoping they have the same ref as tonight??? Why would we be hoping for him again Kevin Richards???? He was awful!!! He let too much go during the game ur no.8 boy lugg should have been booked in the first half for at least one of his 4 late challenges!!! As u said the ref never affected the scoreline..... I thought both teams played some great football and it must of been a great game to watch as a neutral. We had a lot more chances last night as I only made one save all game!!!

Ludgvan should have a good season but from what I've seen they have a few "arrogant" personalities in their ranks, which is a shame because there a small village team with alot of hard working players, but as confidence grows so do egos so I just hope they can keep themselfs grounded, the bendtner look-alike comes to mind when I mention egos

Hayle1-0. Porhleven Well not a good game for the supporters as there was not a lot of football on show , IMO I thought it was all set for a goalless draw , but young Corey settled it with a well timed strike right at the death , porthleven had a good shot in the second half which scott turned onto the bar , the ref had a good game and tried to play advantage where he could , two sides at the bottom end of the present table and not a lot in it between them , good three points but hayle will have to up their game to start getting results

Think you know exactly what i mean Barry. Don't talk about the boy Lugg & I won't talk about the boy Beesley. !!!!

Woah Woah woah mr Richards calm down fella!!!!!! I am voicing my opinion on what I saw during the game last night! This is what this forum is for!! As for that boy Beesley..... His name is Ben!!!! And he is a quality young player with bags of potential, I personally didn't see what happened nor did the ref!!!! And I'm sorry mr Richards I don't know what u mean...... Y would we wont him to ref every week???

He is a good young player Barry. So no need for him to threaten to break our keepers jaw or go around head butting people. !!!!!!

Did he forget it was only a football match. !!!!

As I just said I didn't see or hear what happened!!! And to be honest mr Richards we all go out to win every week!! Don't we??? And please.... My name is BARRIE not Barry

Barrie and Kev, why don't you just call each other or get a room and sort your silly little argument out rather than embarrassing yourself and your clubs by doing so on here.

I was at the game and I thought both teams were evenly matched although Redruth had the cutting edge in the final third, which is where after all it counts! As for the referee yes he missed a few decisions, and may not of heard what was said by said player, but he only has one set of eyes so this can be forgiven.

I do agree though that he should not be going around saying what he did (I heard it all), a real shame that a club that seems to be going in the right direction has this overshadowing what was a cracking result and a good night for the club with attendance and pitch looking good!!

Maybe this is something the management need to look at to ensure the name of the club doesn't get tarnished, I'm not saying get him to change his game drastically as he is undoubtably a good player, but he needs to mature and realise what level he is playing at is played by people who have jobs to go to on Monday mornings, and young family members they'd like to enjoy time and activities with rather than walking on crutches for months or worse!

And finally, a good win, I think a little sour grapes from you Kev, if you'd won we wouldn't of seen all if this, you was out played and should gracefully take that result rather than looking for reasons as to why you lost other than your team on the night was not good enough, some great young talent on show mind you from both teams, and a little dissapointed there was no where to have my sneaky pint whilst watching the game is this something that is in the pipeline? I really hope so, after all your a senior club now you've got the pitch looking the part now concentrate on the clubhouse and bar!

No sour grapes Pointers. I said in my first post that refereeing decision's didn't affect the result. On the night we were beaten by the better side, however, some of the things that were said & done on the pitch left a sour taste in my mouth. I've also heard since that this is not the first time this player has used threatening language towards another player this season.!

As for players being on crutches after games, Luke Hunter, our centre midfielder,is likely to miss Saturdays game with ankle ligament damage as a result of a 'tackle' from the same player.

As for the headbutt, the redruth manager took the player off immediately & apologised to me for his actions. !!!

We don't need this in local village football. !!!

Mr Richards as I said in a previous post joe lugg in the middle for u had 4-5 bad challenges in the first half one of which both feet left the ground with studs showing!!! Mr Richards u have played the game long enough to know that in the heat of the moment things get said.... I am probably one of the worst ones for it!!! Any way this is getting slightly boring now! All the best for the rest of the season and will see u on the reverse fixture