Combo results 22/9/07

Guest Helston Patriot

St day 1 V 7 Helston

0-2 H/T

Scorers;

Dom Pullen 4 (20 sofar)

Brynn Wheeler 3

Shane Abraham for St day (free kick)

St day had a good opening 20 minutes but then Helston hit the bar and came to life. Dom Pullen with a good header from tom russell cross. Then a long kick from Barry in goal, which 2 defends left for each other was put away by brynn. Second half Helston Dominated with St DAy no 1 pulling off some good saves.. We went 6-0 up then a poor decision from the ref (who i must say was very poor!!) gave st day a free kick 20 yards out which floated into the far top corner over the keeper. We replied with a long ball over the top which a st day defender missed and dom made no mistake with a 1 on 1.

Ref was very poor for both teams and bob will confirm this..

Credit to St day tho, Never gave up for the whole 90! Pity matt thirkle had to go off after 5 minutes.

9/9 now and hopefully we can continue this good run... :thumbsup:

:clapper: What a great standard of football, all involved must be happy to be playing against such quality sides! For someone who looks so fit and the quality of football they are playing against, stands us all in good stead for the future. Keep the fitness regime up, this combination this year is about goals goals goals and more goals butvery poor sides and defenders. : :)

helston patriot i concur that the ref was shit.

we were beaten by a better side, however not the best side we have played all season but it is always hard to go to a bottom side and play well so no disrespect meant. i do feel that we were a bit unlucky to get beat 7-1 but thats football.

one thing that ruined it for me though was the young lad ( not naming names as he knows who he is)who after the game didn't have the deceny to shake hands with the players. having just been thrashed all my players were more than happy to shake hands with the opposition as we are all good sports. after i had confronted him he did shake my hand like a wet fish and walked off calling my a fu**ing pr**k, a good attitude all round i think

good luck too winno and all his mery men.

:drink: :drink:

Mullion 1 v Porthleven Reserves 3

Not bad result for porthleven, cant comment on the game as i didnt see it all, Mullion were leading 1 up all the game right up till the last 5 minutes and then BAAAAANNNGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!! An almighty explosion from Danny Williams who managed to score a hat trick in 5 minutes!!!!!!!

Well Done Danny.

:clapper: What a great standard of football, all involved must be happy to be playing against such quality sides! For someone who looks so fit and the quality of football they are playing against, stands us all in good stead for the future. Keep the fitness regime up, this combination this year is about goals goals goals and more goals butvery poor sides and defenders. : :)

I'm sure you where sayying what a poor standard of footie the combo teams played on another posting. Are you more p***ed then me or just don't know what your talking about??? :blink:

Was at the Culdrose v penzance game, not sure what Corn teddy's report will say but penzance had a very young side out there and fair dues to there manager, it is very hard with such a young team. Culdrose could have and should have won by a greater margin, however Penzance never gave up the referee was a bit over the top with his cards in a game that was never ever going to be a dirty affair. It was 2-0 at half time. In the second half the referee gave a penalty to Penzance for a push which was a good decision but yet again another booking ( is the Cornish FA short of money) from then on Penzance tried to push on, leaving themselves open, Culdrose should of had quite a few more goals but there disapline at times let them down. I'd would like to give credit to the Penzance goalkeeper who had a brill game (well played mate)..

One question for Cornish teddy Culdrose are due to play penzance in a midweek game, you talk about keeping the game local ie not the way Truro are doing things whats the chances of Penzancs keeping the youngsters in and not playing first team players. Spoke with your mate today he is anti first team players playing for the seconds and getting payed..

Local Boy dave celia was the guy that got injured against u and he was back playing but then he did his knee in again at training this week and missed this saturdays game. Also st. day no1. i no ur talking about me i had a bad game and im sorry i reacted like that, but i did try n shake your hand but missed. and i may not have used such language if u hadnt said..."shake my hand properly then you little p****!" maybe when you come to helston ill shake your hand twice to make up for it :thumbsup:

Just to say in defence of the Combo,Falmouth/Helston & Mining Leagues,in my first season (down West)i have reffed in all of the divisions and in my opinion the standard of football and attitude of the players is better than that of the Duchy and E/Cornwall Leagues and those Leagues are a pretty good standard of football,so keep it up fellas,and i have enjoyed all the new Venues to visit too. ;0) :c:

eddy junior

no worries and i appreciate you coming on here and explaining your actions, i don't think you had a bad game at all, you may have been frustrated at being put at left back within 5 mins of coming on after firstly being put up front. i would also like to piont out to all those who bother to read this that eddy junior has sent me a pm (personal message) to apolagise. not too sure that i swore at you though but if i did then i appolagise for that.

i will look out for you in the return match and make a piont of shaking your hand too.

keep up the good work winno and you never know st day may have a new signing on the way to give you a better game next time.

St Day no1 if you think 1 player is going to change a 7-1 drubbing into a victory I should think again! I have watched quite a few games of combo and the structure change has severely weakened the league. No disrespect to any teams but just count the number of hammerings being dished out compared to last season.up untill yesterday morning 312 goals have been scored with Helston and Truro topping over 4 goals a game. in my opinion their has become a big divide between the top teams and the bottom.

Local Boy You have got a couple of strong teams like you said Helston and Truro they are not the teams that make a league weaker take a look at the table the bottom 3 clubs have conceded nearly a 100 goals between them, in approx 160 matches only 12 have been drawn.

St Day no1 I did,nt mean the player that did,nt shake hands that was bad I actually meant your 1 new signing is he a forward?

illogan 1-4 truro! not a bad game with truro playing alot more football at times, several first teamers for truro which in my opinion stood out! i dont think any teams will be able to match them this year! dunno who the ref was yesterday but what a shocker, two terrible penalty decisions! dunno how well he knows the players at truro but whilst reffing he was calling the truro players by there names! i thought he was a disgrace to other refs, as he never had control of the game from the start and was a overly one sided! good luck to truro this season and i hope we never end up with that ref again! :drink:

Guest Helston Patriot

St darren are you taking the piss?? We have had £10 each a game for the last 3 seasons!! we finished 9th last season with our 'keeper getting £20! We're top of the league 9 from 9 with everyone getting a tenner! BEWARE OF FLYING £10 NOTES AT HELSTON!! :lol:

Money doesnt make team, if players dont gel..

Guest Helston Patriot

:lol: :lol::lol:

You've heard very wrong in deed!! £380 a week!! What a joke!! :D

£380 a week for a club that withdrew thier application to SWPL because they couldn't afford it!!

DARREN YOU MUST BE PISSED. YOU KNOW MY STANCE ON MONEY.

£150 A WEEK THATS WHAT THE CLUB GIVE AND ALL THE PLAYERS PUT IT IN APOT FOR PISS UPS £10 EACH.

MONEY DOES NOT BUY TROPHIES IN THE COMBO. TEAM SPIRIT AND TOGETHERNESS DOES.

ITS LIKE SAYING AGGIE PAID MEGA BUCKS TO WIN THE LEAGUE WHEN THEY DIDNT.

STOP BEING SILLY MR MURRISH.........

SOMETIMES ITS DOWN TO PLAYERS WANTING TO PLAY FOR SOMEONE

hey winno,nice talking to you yesterday,keep up the great work you and your team are doing,as you know the more you win the more knockers

you will have,keep winning mate best of luck to you.

Guest Helston Patriot

No chance!!!! Alex sharkey in my opinion is the best, great tackle on saturday in the first 5 minutes to save a goal!! But you can't forget Justin Miles or Charlie or Tom Randall or wilko OR even young Neil who plays for the seconds.. gonna be awesome!! As long as we win doesn't matter if i play or not!

sorry redbull i've got to go to the gym now so we must carry this on later... how does 1500hrs sound? is it a date? ;)

As I said Winno, I only said what I heard!! you know what the place is like for rumours!

you've obviously got a good bunch of lads down there. All clubs need to offer something to get some players to come to their club.

Take Portreath in Mining 1, Andy Cowper, Duane Britton in their side!! Mining 1 football yet they don't have offer their players anything?????

All sides that have won the combo in recent years have paid out some sort of money, you know that and I know that

I WON THE LEAGUE WITH PENRYN DARREN AND THERE WAS NOT A PENNY???????? JUST A GREAT BUNCH OF PLAYERS. LIKE LAST SEASON LEAGUE AND EVELY CUP NO MONEY GREAT BUNCH OF LADS . BIT LIKE AT HELSTON AT THE MOMENT GREAT BUNCH OF BOYS WHOM WORK HARD FOR EACH OTHER AND ARE ALL IN IT TOGETHER....

THE £10 EACH IS A THANKYOU FROM THE CLUB FOR TRAINING AND TRAVELLING EVERWHERE. THEY DONT EVEN REALLY WANT THAT. BUT WERE GOIN TO HAVE SOME GOOD TIMES ON IT.

I KNOW IM GONNA GET KNOCKERS ON HERE BY CERTAIN PEOPLE WHOM THOUGHT AND WISHED I WOULD FAIL. BUT AT THE MOMENT WERE GOIN WELL SO IM OBVIOUSLY DOIN SOMETHING RIGHT HEY.

JUST BECAUSE WE HAVE PLAYERS AT THE CLUB WHOM MOST SIDES WOULD PAY GOOD MONEY FOR.

JUSTIN MILES THE LATEST SIGNING FOR US WHAT A SIGNING AWESOME PLAYER WILL HELP US NO END.

WE WILL TAKE EVERY GAME AS IT COMES AND IF THE WE LOOSE TAKE IT ON THE CHIN AND CARRY ON........

Keep going the way you are Winno, chuffed to bits for you matey. To be honest I thought you would find it tough this season, but glad to see I was wrong. Played with you on many occasions, had a few good nights out as well, Can definately confirm that you lot will have some good nights out if your involoved. Only hope this time you can be bothered to get to the toilets, eh mate. :thumbsup:

See you soon buddy :drink: