Cornwall Football Forum

And we are off

Well hi to all over there in sunny UK again. Season has just started again over here in sunny Cyprus. This will be my 3rd season on the list out here (now in my 23rd year as a ref), When i was over there match fees and mileage were paid at the end of the game (sometimes reluctantly i must add) but at least they were paid on time, now out here we get the match fee at the time but the mileage SHOULD BE PAID AT THE END OF THE SEASON. Ah well therein lies a problem, i have not recieved a bean yet and am owed over 2,000 KM in mileage. :angry2: Any suggestions? I am about to write to the CRA (Cyprus refs association) but how do i word the letter to get the best response. You guys over there in the middle enjoy your season.

Finally RAPPO are you retired now or is there still another year in those old legs of yours?

Guest keir dent

give me there name and address of people who owe you money and for 50quid i will send over some meat heads to have some words if you know what i mean and get your money

Guest Cornishdave1980

The Ref I understand your predicament I to currently live in Cyprus and have also witnessed the "Its Cyprus my friend" attitude whuich is about as helpful as a kick in the nuts. However i was under the impression the Referee numbers in Cyprus are way under subscibe, if this is true then you do have the threat of stopping, or the strongest possible way is to simply turn up to a game and not ref it (mini strike) i know its not ideal but any letter will sit in the in tray why that person is off driking ice coffee!

Guest Grandson of Jimbo

looking at your little pic `the ref` are you sure you dont still ref in the duchy leagues under a different name ? steve tootle by chance ? :drink:

Distant shores heard lots about the shack all good, never been there though, you working out here?

Cornish Dave i do both forces and civi, although only freindlies for the civi's, been trying to get on the league for 3 years but wall and brick spring to mind. How about you work or retired?#

Come to think of it Dave you were'nt involved in the tournement at Aiya Napa a few weeks ago?

Guest Cornishdave1980

Is the shack otherwise known as Chris's? if so yes i have tried it and its class, slightly different but still worth it.

I have justed arrived at Ayios Nikoloas with the RAF, are unit team is very strong and play at a high level hear, unfortunately i cant figure at the mo as im waiting to have Knee reconstruction(due to football).

I notice someting here though, every town/village has a football stadium with floodlights makes the old SWL look a bit small.

Whats the standard like in Freneros as im looking to go and watch a few games, off to Larnaca next week to watch Spurs.

:huh: Frenaros - yes, we have been there a few times last year. definately not SWL standard, lots of diving and groaning. Last season a bloke went down shreiks of agony, rushed on with strecher, carried him off, got to the touch line and he got up and came on again. They see too much tv and dont have a clue how to dive gracefully You have to watch from behind barbed wire, I asked why and it is to protect the ref. Dont sit at the front as all the misplaced missiles may hit you, cushions, water bottles and firworks - good laugh, to be fair, they have a couple of reasonable players. I go with Vic Taylor ex Plymouth ref and mark gammons dad who plays for parkway, ex weymouth, thats mark not his dad. :rolleyes:

Guest Cornishdave1980

Am i right in saying they play their games every Sat eve?

I ve witness some of the Cyprus players since ive been here, we played Vrysoulles in a Charity game and it was like playing 11 Ronaldo's who had the skill of Jason Lee!! and us service people don't generally tolerate diving and mincing so we ended up giving them a rough ride it was some of the funniest things ive seen in football.