Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Result and Table - Thur 22nd May 2014

Cornwall Combination League

22nd May 2014

RNAS Culdrose (Ricky Shivelock 2, Adam McMillan) 3-4 Wendron United (Luke Wort 2, Matt Rose, Jason Roberts)

Att - 14

POS TEAM PL W D L F A GD PO

1 ILLOGAN RBL 35 31 2 2 108 29 79 95

2 WENDRON UNITED 36 29 3 4 134 35 99 90

3 ST JUST 36 25 5 6 103 54 49 80

4 LUDGVAN 36 25 3 8 130 62 68 78

5 REDRUTH UNITED 36 25 3 8 105 49 57 78

6 MULLION 35 22 5 8 103 45 56 71

7 ST IVES TOWN 36 16 10 10 63 57 6 58

8 ST AGNES 35 17 4 14 69 68 1 55

9 ST DAY 34 15 2 17 94 60 34 47

10 PERRANWELL 36 12 8 16 76 78 -2 44

11 RNAS CULDROSE 35 12 5 18 60 91 -31 41

12 PENRYN ATHLETIC RESERVES 36 11 6 19 63 86 -23 39

13 FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES 36 11 6 19 59 97 -38 39

14 HAYLE 36 9 9 18 41 76 -35 36

15 NEWQUAY RESERVES 36 8 10 18 63 81 -18 34

16 FALMOUTH ATHLETIC 35 5 8 22 36 101 -65 26*

17 GOONHAVERN ATHLETIC 36 6 2 28 43 126 -83 20

18 TROON 36 5 4 27 38 131 -92 19

19 PORTHLEVEN RESERVES 35 4 5 26 44 104 -60 14°

* Plus 3 points °Minus 3 points

Wendron ended the season on a high note, beating a spirited and I thought decent footballing Culdrose team. I'm sure they may feel that they were unlucky to lose the game! There were some very good finishes from both teams, giving both keepers very little chance. Luke Wort taking his tally in all competitions to 60 deserved a special mention, Captain Matt Rose, and Jason Roberts with the other goals. Always disappointing not to win the league your in, but going from 10th last season to runners up this, is no mean feat. Thank you to all my players for their efforts this year, and a big thank you to the league for getting the Illogan linesman to present the medals to my players.

yeah the combo committee were all there to hand out the trophy and our lino was stood with us. Paul you still seem very bitter about not winning the league and you feel it came down to one decision? the league is over 36 games not a goal not given for hand ball, its been a cracking season with yourself pushing us all the way, if you all stay at wendron next season im sure you will be champions with mullion up there with you

Not bitter, Illogan as I have said and written on more than one occasion are a very good club, and very deserved winners of the league this year. I personally wish you all well and good luck in the next league up next season. I have not slated or accused anyone of anything with my post, if you take the time to read and comprehend, I have thanked everyone involved. Have I written anything that is not true in my post?

Now now boys lets not tarnish this end if season, although I agree with both of you, I have to disagree with the comment about one goal not deciding the league etc, the result of one game can have a huge effect on the following games of the team winning and losing that game, that's the effect one goal can have....

true pointers but you need to react from decisions that are made we felt hard done by in The cup match with us having a goal scoring opportunity pulled back for a free kick but that's football you need to dust yourself off and move on, if im honest the turning point was the space of 4 days where million took points of both of us. All in all I've really enjoyed this season with a good top 5/6 sides competing until the end, wendron have a very good squad and will be up there next season again, mullion have grown as the season has gone on, redruth have surprised everyone and credit to them, ludgvan will be up there if they can all stay in on Friday nights lol and st just on there day can beat anyone also with st day losing points would of been ipod the re and im sure reno and roscoe will have them up there again next year

Very true, will you guys at illogan be making many signings this summer to ensure the step up a league doesn't end up a bit of a lesson for the club? From what I've seen of your squad your all ready a mid table SWPL west team which is a great start, with Reno going to st day will he be tapping up any players from him short time at illogan? And roscoes history at the club will no doubt have an added edge to any signings too? Thoughts?

true pointers but you need to react from decisions that are made we felt hard done by in The cup match with us having a goal scoring opportunity pulled back for a free kick but that's football you need to dust yourself off and move on, if im honest the turning point was the space of 4 days where million took points of both of us. All in all I've really enjoyed this season with a good top 5/6 sides competing until the end, wendron have a very good squad and will be up there next season again, mullion have grown as the season has gone on, redruth have surprised everyone and credit to them, ludgvan will be up there if they can all stay in on Friday nights lol and st just on there day can beat anyone also with st day losing points would of been ipod the re and im sure reno and roscoe will have them up there again next year

No mention of Illogan reserves retaining the title for the club.... Camannnnnn

Very true, will you guys at illogan be making many signings this summer to ensure the step up a league doesn't end up a bit of a lesson for the club? From what I've seen of your squad your all ready a mid table SWPL west team which is a great start, with Reno going to st day will he be tapping up any players from him short time at illogan? And roscoes history at the club will no doubt have an added edge to any signings too? Thoughts?

If anyone was to leave Illogan ... I would be very surprised...

You lost players this season and you'll lose some this Summer too, I was just asking if there was any intent to get some more qualify in to ensure the squad is strong enough for the seaon ahead, assuming all players currently there are willing to play in a higher league with the travelling etc?