Cornwall Football Forum

TCFC and Helical announce development plans for Club

Lot of fishing going on here....no bites yet. OH!!!!! no bricks laid yet either!!!!!!! OH!!!! no site yet as well. There's a couple of nibbles fer ya - Just being a realist.

But as always, best of luck from me boys and girls. See you down Malpas sometime. :c:

Dear oh dear older ,even you could surely come up with something more intellectual than that!

For the record I'm from Falmouth,played for Falmouth clubs junior and senior all my career (including falmouth town ,meant to be rivals with tcfc)

I go and watch Truro with my boy when I can and watch very little if any other local football ,I want to watch the highest possible standard of football in my locality and will continue to do so and if they get a new stadium then that's fantastic ! Truro are no longer rivals of Falmouth ,Newquay or St austell ,their big games are Weymouth etc ! I just think its a real shame more local people can't get behind Truro because with the people in charge at the club now really seem to know what they are doing . In fact I would go as far to say that some of the bitching about truro especially on here is bordering on embarrassing !

Fantastic post Cornish Hoop.Could not have put it better ,myself.

Another embarrasment is ,Older is meant to be a Spurs fan.I expect more,from them.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do expect more local people to get behind Truro just because they are higher up the pyramid?

People stay loyal to their local sides, that's why clubs like Oxford City survive even though they have United, or Sheffield FC who have 2 big league sides on their doorstep.

Why do people watch Threemilestone instead of Truro City? Loyalty, not liking the big boys, etc.

No loyalty from you to Falmouth, Cornish Hoop, shame on you.

Read my post agin ,I didn't say local people should this or that ! I just want to watch a high standard of football on my doorstep ,nothing wrong with that ! I have a choice of football to watch ,no offence to any of the other sides I could watch but I would rather watch a higher standard than a lower one ,I owe Falmouth nothing in the loyalty stakes I gave them every effort in my time there from under 12 under 14 under 15 under 16 to combo so don't insult me about a lack of loyalty ,you have no idea!

Lot of fishing going on here....no bites yet. OH!!!!! no bricks laid yet either!!!!!!! OH!!!! no site yet as well. There's a couple of nibbles fer ya - Just being a realist.

But as always, best of luck from me boys and girls. See you down Malpas sometime. :c:

Dear oh dear older ,even you could surely come up with something more intellectual than that!

For the record I'm from Falmouth,played for Falmouth clubs junior and senior all my career (including falmouth town ,meant to be rivals with tcfc)

I go and watch Truro with my boy when I can and watch very little if any other local football ,I want to watch the highest possible standard of football in my locality and will continue to do so and if they get a new stadium then that's fantastic ! Truro are no longer rivals of Falmouth ,Newquay or St austell ,their big games are Weymouth etc ! I just think its a real shame more local people can't get behind Truro because with the people in charge at the club now really seem to know what they are doing . In fact I would go as far to say that some of the bitching about truro especially on here is bordering on embarrassing !

Like I said, why should they?

Too many incomers in Truro now, no loyalty to the club no matter it's history, etc.

Oh a change of tact to suit the tcfc haters ,so predictable ! I stand by what I said that you highlighted in a lovely red ! I'm not asking supporters of threemilestone to neglect their team far from it ! But if they have a free Saturday or their team are away from home then a high standard of football is on their doorstep !

Like I said, why should they?

Too many incomers in Truro now, no loyalty to the club no matter it's history, etc.

You are talking through your backside.

No loyalty at Truro.?????????

I see people watching Truro now,that have been following them for many years.

You lot make me laugh,the rubbish you come out with,just to have a go at TCFC.

As everyone has asked so nicely...

We have had big words come out of Truro before, if and it is a big if, any of the plans actually come to fruition, then great, City will have somewhere to play. I'm sure that someone will know the answer to these questions already, who will own the new ground ?, will City just be tenants ?, how will City fund the minimum £1 Million a year required when they reach the Conference National, as promised by a previous dreamer ?

I will repeat for those who may skip over some of my comments, I wish all 50 or so of the TCAFC fans who were around in the clubs last SWL season all the best. If any are still around, perhaps they should be given a free season ticket at the new ground when it opens, should cost about the same as a months wages and travelling expenses for Barry Hayles.

We have had big words come out of Truro before, if and it is a big if, any of the plans actually come to fruition, then great, City will have somewhere to play. I'm sure that someone will know the answer to these questions already, who will own the new ground ?, will City just be tenants ?, how will City fund the minimum £1 Million a year required when they reach the Conference National, as promised by a previous dreamer ?

I will repeat for those who may skip over some of my comments, I wish all 50 or so of the TCAFC fans who were around in the clubs last SWL season all the best. If any are still around, perhaps they should be given a free season ticket at the new ground when it opens, should cost about the same as a months wages and travelling expenses for Barry Hayles.

Same old rubbish I'm afraid !

Still more Qs than As.

For me they are pretty much meaningless questions ,I personally don't care if they are tenants or owners do you ? The million pound a season at conference level ,that should be the least of tcfc s worries at this moment in time.

Pretty pathetic for the grim reapers to keep looking for negatives after all if they don't care about truro why do they keep posting on here ?

The big words coming from Truro CAFC is simple,even for you.

All 3 parties have signed contracts,for the development of Treyew Road,for which Truro City will be built a new Stadium,by the

Companies involved.

Sponsorship from the Company's involved will start on a monthly basis,NOW.

If you got people like John Lewis,intrested,in going to Treyew Road,there will only be one outcome.

All good for Truro.

As one of the Truro people who was around in the days of SWL football.We are all fine.

To be honest,I dont want a free season-ticket,buying a season-ticket and contributing to the progress of the Club ,is my option.

As for Barry Hayles,could you please update us, on his contract details.As you seem to know.

I think Cornish Hoop has got you lot sussed.PATHETIC.

All paperwork signed, sealed and delivered. I's dotted, T's crossed and the memory of promises broken, plans ripped up and fraud committed still haunt City. I have no doubt that you wish the past would be forgotten, but it affects everything you are trying to do. Imagine a world where you still owned Treyew Road, how much is it actually worth ?, how much of a better financial bargaining position would the club be in ? Until City line up to play at the new ground, even some of your own fans that I speak with, don't believe it will happen.

We all understand that the glory hunters who came along to join the original 50, were happy to give everything away for some shiny silver pots, they had no sense of history or loyalty. Then we have those who once lived in or near Truro, who popped out of the woodwork once the club started travelling near to where they now live, voices from hundreds of miles away but seem to know it all. Where were you when your club was warned on a weekly basis that the club was going to be screwed over ? Too blinded by shiny pots to care !

Come back when you have a date for the opening of the new ground, you never know, you might even still have a club at that point.

That sounds like a plan Nemesis, I propose that you be made guest of honour for the ribbon cutting ceremony at the opening of our new stadium for Truro City, would be a certain crowd puller that's for sure, Teddy Boy and Olderiget could be holding the case containing the gold plated scissors. Until then see you out Godolphin Way on Friday night, your chance to see a former Two million pound premier league player grace the towns premier league turf, I will even treat you to a half time cup of tea in the scout hut.

All paperwork signed, sealed and delivered. I's dotted, T's crossed and the memory of promises broken, plans ripped up and fraud committed still haunt City. I have no doubt that you wish the past would be forgotten, but it affects everything you are trying to do. Imagine a world where you still owned Treyew Road, how much is it actually worth ?, how much of a better financial bargaining position would the club be in ? Until City line up to play at the new ground, even some of your own fans that I speak with, don't believe it will happen.

We all understand that the glory hunters who came along to join the original 50, were happy to give everything away for some shiny silver pots, they had no sense of history or loyalty. Then we have those who once lived in or near Truro, who popped out of the woodwork once the club started travelling near to where they now live, voices from hundreds of miles away but seem to know it all. Where were you when your club was warned on a weekly basis that the club was going to be screwed over ? Too blinded by shiny pots to care !

Come back when you have a date for the opening of the new ground, you never know, you might even still have a club at that point.

Same old drivel ! Yawn yawn !

And today Truro City show a complete lack of class by dumping their Reserves. A complete lack of respect to the SWPL, players, supporters, sponsors, staff etc. Waiting for the brainwashed to defend the actions of another Chairman with no clue on how to run a football club.

I have just been reading Tigertalk and noticed how difficult it was for the club to find volunteers to help spruce up the ground.

One posting said, "I have done my bit for the club by buying a season ticket."

How is that?

That person will get into the ground at a reduced rate now. Surely to help the club you should forget purchasing a season ticket and turn up to each home match and pay the full price thus giving the club more money.

Season tickets are only useful if you want to attend matches where the ground will be full every week such as at Manchester United or Arsenal, not Treyew Road which has plenty of spare seats on a Saturday.

Oh dear!!! what a shambles and disgrace that decision is. Talk about not doing yourselves any favours, and dumping on local football.

That's any local support they had melting away, I expect crowds to diminish now. Then its compounded by wanting to use local clubs to support this decision by taking on their second string players (no expense to Truro) LOL Anybody would be bonkers to take any of their players. The timing is also a shambles with no thought as to the disruption it will cause.

This is purely financial as supported by the line "given our level of support" They are living on the bribe sponsorship of the developers who are purely interested in using Truro as a means to an end, when the end arrives, so will the bribe sponsorship. I suspect that not long after that happens, when debts are paid, there would be a change at the helm....and probably delighted to do so. Non football people you know.

I will be waiting for the usual suspects to explain and support this decision, I think it may be a long wait....indefensible.

Love it, comparing the world renowned Eden Project and Tate St Ives, with a potential small Rugby/Football ground on an Industrial estate.

I'm sure whilst the first two may cost the taxpayers of Cornwall a couple of pounds a year, the income brought into Cornwall is immense, over a Million visitors a year, spending god knows how much. Truro City FC would do nothing but take money with no benefit to anyone whatsoever, perhaps a total of 1,000 away fans over a season, most of whom are back on the coach straight after the match.

May I suggest, that the Truro City fans set up a political party, like most politicians, you are full of BS, love big birdbrained schemes that will cost a fortune for the benefit of the few, have no concept of value for money, no respect for the taxpayer, it is just take, take, take !

be off with you, go back to your own love in with other delusional fans on your own forum, you lot represent less than 0.01% of Cornish Football, yet want 100% of the attention and money, off you pop, go feed your Unicorns.

I was speaking to a TRURO B & B owner (2 Buildings) TODAY, he said very often visiting clubs support book EVERY room.

Why not go to Godolphin and speak your mind when Truro visit on Friday - You would be impressed by the answers.

Having school ground name calling is as low a defence of a position as it gets, you have no reasonable argument and so resort to child like bawling. Trophies bought via fraud, deception and skulduggery are only celebrated by those with no social conscience. Calling me a Cockney is akin to calling someone from Tunbridge Wells a Frenchman, or a Mancunian being dubbed a Scouser, or someone from Truro... a Plymouthian !

Godolphin have done well, whilst Newquay had a very problematic 2013-14, still managed to score more SWPL goals than them. Despite so called official attendance figures, everyone in the SWPL knows that we are still the best supported club in town, despite our lowly position. Still, we are rebuilding through hard work and not by ripping off local businesses, our future success will be earned, not bought via dishonest means.

I wonder how many will follow Truro City when they travel to Trevenson United Reserves, hardly worth the train fare from High Horse Wycombe is it ?

Nemesis, Am I right in thinking you work for HM Inspector of Taxes? Yep I thought so,

Do you still sign the Official Secrets Act as people in similar positions did years ago? I think you may do so.

As a TAX Inspector isn't it your duty to report any dishonest means? Of coarse it is.

Our Chairman is a very nice man I am sure he would delight in meeting you at Godolphin on Friday but you wouldn't have the bottle to look him in the eye, all talk no action that's you to a tee. Go on I dare you - he doesn't bite (MUCH).

Chick - Chick - Chick - Chick - Chicken - go on introduce yourself.

Nemesis -

Your wish is my command our Chairman would not shirk the opportunity to meet you at Godolphin on Friday,

your thirst for answers could be resolved once and for all. - I may be encouraged to come down for that one.

I have just been reading Tigertalk and noticed how difficult it was for the club to find volunteers to help spruce up the ground.

One posting said, "I have done my bit for the club by buying a season ticket."

How is that?

That person will get into the ground at a reduced rate now. Surely to help the club you should forget purchasing a season ticket and turn up to each home match and pay the full price thus giving the club more money.

Season tickets are only useful if you want to attend matches where the ground will be full every week such as at Manchester United or Arsenal, not Treyew Road which has plenty of spare seats on a Saturday.

The person you mention has volunteered his time and is at the club 7 days a week working hard, he has donated cash well into three figures and bought items required when necessary to complete a task in time for next season, that is without all the various other things he does, mentioning a season ticket was a bid to encourage others to do the same. contrary to the thoughts expressed by some of the fairies at the bottom of CSF''s forum garden buying a season ticket helps clubs, the money is available to spend early season perhaps to strengthen the team or towards facilities etc. getting a player in early could be the difference of winning or losing league or cup. we're not some pigs ass outfit at the end of a railway line.

Nemesis -

Ask our Chairman - he's at GODOLPHIN on Friday

I'm sure he would have a message or two for you :yahoo: It takes guts to put yourself where your mouth is.

Look how many posts Mountaineer has posted in such a short space of time..a little panic i feel! Credit where its due defending his club but he has certainly took the bait fron Nemesis this time!! Your making out your chairman is Rocky Balboa the way your talking about him, rocky times ahead for City maybe!?

Look how many posts Mountaineer has posted in such a short space of time..a little panic i feel! Credit where its due defending his club but he has certainly took the bait fron Nemesis this time!! Your making out your chairman is Rocky Balboa the way your talking about him, rocky times ahead for City maybe!?

Leedsunited, you are slipping, a post from you that didn't mention MONEY :yahoo:

The reason for so many posts in such a short time is because I live in High Wycombe and have been in Cornwall (No Internet access) working as a volunteer racking and seeding areas of Treyew Road, I have been around the stronger level of non league football for many years, Pete Masters "Football Business" plan could result in Truro City being one of the non league BIG BOYS, what Mr Masters has done and still doing is taking the club towards that end unfortunately Joe Public is sitting back and waiting for him to do everything, now is the time for the supporters to demonstrate if they want a successful football club, there are good times ahead because the club is being run in a professional manner, understandably tough decisions have to be made the Man Uniteds of this world no longer sport reserve teams finding other outlets for their developing players, similar to that proposed for Truro City. I am not getting into the reserve team debate because a year ago I raised the question on the forums about the viability of the reserve team, a few dozen or so doesn't make it viable, we can all criticise from afar, I feel sorry for the supporters who feel passionately about the reserve team, some critics ask why keep the Ladies but we are a community club and to query that decision spells out one word if they were dispensed with "discrimination" after all the ladies form a large part of the clubs support, the community is still shocked from what happened in the past, now they need to show they care long term, give Pete Masters and Pepe Perryman the backing and the worlds our oyster.

Seconds out - I think Mr Masters would be agreeable to a meeting with Newquay's Nemesis. - I predict Mr Masters would be the winner by knock out proportions lol - I am not worried about TCFC's future and intend to enjoy our continued rise from the ashes.

So City are no longer a community club, all those players who live and work in Cornwall who were happy playing for City in the SWPL, now have to find alternative clubs. Not too many of the 1st team are resident this side of the Tamar, indeed they don't even train in Cornwall. Youngsters wanting to play for City no longer have the progression from youth to reserves then first team.

The first team do not have enough support coming through the gates to pay the current wage bill, hence the £400k 'loaned' by the owners of the club to pay the players last season. The decision to abandon the players of the reserves has not gone down well locally, it may cost the club some of the support and sponsors who see this as just another bad decision by the club.

Mr Masters may do well to keep a low profile, I'm sure that the real City fans will be gunning for him, demanding answers on the reserves and on how the first team will be funded in the next 12 months and beyond.

Why will we be gunning for him.

We will all be at Godolphin on Friday night to watch Truro City,play football.

Thats what we do.

We leave the politic's to the people in charge.

There will be a Truro City Fun Day on Saturday,where at 15:00,the powers to be will be available for a Q+A session.

That's the time to ask questions.

Any of you BIG GOBS plan on being there.????????

I think I know the answer.

Thats what we do.

There will be a Truro City Fun Day on Saturday,where at 15:00,the powers to be will be available for a Q+A session.

That's why the club are in such a mess, you bury your heads in the sand and let the previous and current owners walk all over you.

Nemesis will not pick up the gauntlet, Mr Masters will be at Godolphin but Nemesis - NO WAY - ALL MOUTH AND TROUSERS.

Is there any reason why I would want to meet him or why you want me to ? There are a dozen or more forum posters who have also expressed similar opinions, yet you don't appear to have extended the invitation to everyone, why would that be ?

I might be there, I might not, but I'm sure that I won't miss much if circumstances do keep me away. I do recall the last time the two sides met in the Cornwall Senior Cup when Heaney was running the show, just 7 City fans turned up and Godolphin should have won.

Nemesis will not pick up the gauntlet, Mr Masters will be at Godolphin but Nemesis - NO WAY - ALL MOUTH AND TROUSERS.

Is there any reason why I would want to meet him or why you want me to ? There are a dozen or more forum posters who have also expressed similar opinions, yet you don't appear to have extended the invitation to everyone, why would that be ?

I might be there, I might not, but I'm sure that I won't miss much if circumstances do keep me away. I do recall the last time the two sides met in the Cornwall Senior Cup when Heaney was running the show, just 7 City fans turned up and Godolphin should have won.

If you were to meet Mr Masters it would further your education however,

I doubt if you would recognise the truth if it came up and bit you on the ass.

Thats what we do.

That's why the club are in such a mess, you bury your heads in the sand and let the previous and current owners walk all over you.

No one walks over TISA.

Well a couple surfaced! thought you may have had a go at defending the indefensible....or at least at my post. Feeling left out here.

Why oh why would anybody want to square up to your chairman ? those posting their thoughts are not affiliated to Truro, and have only an outside interest in the goings on at your club. Football people have a slight interest in clubs in their locale, and Truro fall into that category for many, so, thoughts are posted on the goings on at any club, not just yours. It just so happens that your most recent past is of interest to many because it has been well documented in part.

Your upcoming history is of interest as well as that is going, or may affect every rate payer in Cornwall, we'll see on that one. The dribbling of information only adds flavour to the debate, because, a little information is always dangerous.

The more sensible ones have kept quiet as they no doubt are as disappointed with the withdrawal of your local boys second team as everybody else is surprised. Why not just say...look, we are putting all our resources to achieve the dream of promotion, we look for the support of other clubs taking on our reserves, and when, if we do that, we may start them again....if we can find the money! if we have a new stadium, if anybody watches us anymore.

In the meantime lets all get behind TCFC whether associated or not, oh! and the ladies team. (probably self financing almost)

You cannot defend that decision, as, for the most of it, it will directly affect those local boys who have supported you most of all, on the pitch and in the bar, you CAN make the first team - not now - p##s o#f