Cornwall Football Forum

TCFC and Helical announce development plans for Club

The olderiwasthedafteriget as a committee member of the TCHS can you please advise us which branch you represent. Regarding the previous statements from TCFC can someone please tell me where there is any mention of taxpayers money being used to fund the S4TC (Stadium for Truro City) My apologies if I have made a mistake. Good news to see that that the squad has been further strengthened for the coming seasons onslaught. Nice to see a player from the CSWPL mentioned.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

" it has long been thought that the club should move to the stadium site at Langarth farm which is still a very real possibility" Taken from the press release from your good selves

That's the stadium for Cornwall, which, CCC have put aside £10 million of public money ? Unless as you say I'm getting dafter.

Peter Masters chairman of Truro City has stated "they would very much like to be part of the stadium"

I might be reading that all wrong....you tell me ?

Love it, comparing the world renowned Eden Project and Tate St Ives, with a potential small Rugby/Football ground on an Industrial estate.

I'm sure whilst the first two may cost the taxpayers of Cornwall a couple of pounds a year, the income brought into Cornwall is immense, over a Million visitors a year, spending god knows how much. Truro City FC would do nothing but take money with no benefit to anyone whatsoever, perhaps a total of 1,000 away fans over a season, most of whom are back on the coach straight after the match.

May I suggest, that the Truro City fans set up a political party, like most politicians, you are full of BS, love big birdbrained schemes that will cost a fortune for the benefit of the few, have no concept of value for money, no respect for the taxpayer, it is just take, take, take !

be off with you, go back to your own love in with other delusional fans on your own forum, you lot represent less than 0.01% of Cornish Football, yet want 100% of the attention and money, off you pop, go feed your Unicorns.

'the world renowned Eden Project'

Unfortunately that did not stop it making a 6.3 million loss in it's last financial year and having to make 70 redundancies. Visitor numbers have fallen to 850,000 and are likely to continue falling.

Cornwall Council gave the Tate £4m, but it receives most of it's funding from central government, so why should we have to pay twice!

And don't get me started on the money CCC have wasted on Heartlands!!

Love it, comparing the world renowned Eden Project and Tate St Ives, with a potential small Rugby/Football ground on an Industrial estate.

I'm sure whilst the first two may cost the taxpayers of Cornwall a couple of pounds a year, the income brought into Cornwall is immense, over a Million visitors a year, spending god knows how much. Truro City FC would do nothing but take money with no benefit to anyone whatsoever, perhaps a total of 1,000 away fans over a season, most of whom are back on the coach straight after the match.

May I suggest, that the Truro City fans set up a political party, like most politicians, you are full of BS, love big birdbrained schemes that will cost a fortune for the benefit of the few, have no concept of value for money, no respect for the taxpayer, it is just take, take, take !

be off with you, go back to your own love in with other delusional fans on your own forum, you lot represent less than 0.01% of Cornish Football, yet want 100% of the attention and money, off you pop, go feed your Unicorns.

Dont you just know it all.

I suggest you give The County Arms ,along with the B+B places opposite Treyew Rd ,and ask them how many Away supporters go home straight after the game.

Plus why dont you look on other sites to see how many away supporters,contact us for places to stay.

I have no concern with the other projects as they are for all, and this is a football forum, the stadium for Cornwall is simply a means for the two clubs to re-house themselves at the expense of others. why did what's his name offer to cover losses for ten years, because, after that the losses will be large. He would only cover the honeymoon period, after that as with others....the losses mount. By then of course I would think you would be back playing at SWPL or below.

I would think the rental for your club to use the stadium would be substantial as well, the days of peppercorn rents are long gone.

I will say it again as it never seems to be noted, the best of luck from me.

I have no concern with the other projects as they are for all, and this is a football forum, the stadium for Cornwall is simply a means for the two clubs to re-house themselves at the expense of others. why did what's his name offer to cover losses for ten years, because, after that the losses will be large. He would only cover the honeymoon period, after that as with others....the losses mount. By then of course I would think you would be back playing at SWPL or below.

I would think the rental for your club to use the stadium would be substantial as well, the days of peppercorn rents are long gone.

I will say it again as it never seems to be noted, the best of luck from me.

I tell you what,you lot are so bloody blinkered.

The Stadium for Cornwall,would be just that.

It would not just be a Rugby and Football Stadium.Other events would be held there.

For god sake open your eye's.

I have always had sympathy for the real fans, the ones pre-Heaney who didn't want him at the club, but were shouted down by those taken in by his BS. The rest can go and herd Unicorns, fish for sea-monkeys and save up for shares in Dreamland.

S4C is a Welsh TV station NOT the so called Stadium for Cornwall. If anyone still thinks that mega groups will be queuing to play a 10,000 seat stadium in an industrial estate in some backwater, you are deluded. Eden is Iconic, bands and comedians want to play due to the special nature of the place. Businesses will not be booking for conferences, they tend to go to nice locations. Home Park couldn't sell out George Michael or Elton John, there is no way Truro as a City could host and make a profit from a Stadium. It is NOT a Stadium for Cornwall, it would be a White Elephant.

Don't expect a warm welcome back to Cornish football when you fall from Cloud Cuckoo Land, we don't miss you now, we won't miss you in 3 years when you apply for Trelawny League Division 5.

Blinkered ! open your eyes!....pot, kettle LOL. Drowning men clutching at straws, fingers in two POSSIBLE stadiums....better have a third option, the ground owners won't wait for ever, you are only a bargaining tool to them. Maybe Trelawney 5 down Boscawen park, that's a PROBABILITY.

Best of luck, its tough swimming against the tide.

I didn't think Godolphin becoming Newquay's top side would waken The Judge from his slumber with such determination to deflect peoples thoughts away from the apparent decline there - at least Truro City are on the way up much to the despair of the Newquay Cockney. No mention of his Chelsea favourites former success built from the sweat of Russian peasants.

To think Truro City WON this historic league putting Cornish football on the map.

The History of the Southern Football League

The Formation of the Southern League

The first attempt to form a league in southern England to rival the Football League came from a proposal by former England international Charlie Bambridge in 1890. His idea failed to generate a positive response due to the powerful Old Boys’ network of clubs from the public schools – then dominant in the south.

The London FA decided to convene a meeting at the Salutation Tavern in Newgate Street, London on 13th March 1890 to consider a proposed ‘Southern League’. The main critic was the influential founder of the Football Association, Mr N.L.Jackson, who claimed that such a league would not really benefit London football. His motion ‘That it was not desirable to form a league’ was seconded by Mr J Farmer and narrowly passed 47-46.

Woolwich Arsenal investigated the subject two years later by sending a circular to suitable clubs to form a ‘Southern League’. They had caused a stir in the south by adopting professionalism at their AGM in 1891 and found themselves expelled by the London FA and refused entry from all cup competitions in the south.

This left them with no alternative but to play against the professional clubs from the Midlands and North in friendly games which confirmed their opinion that a league in the south was badly needed. The circular sent to clubs led to a meeting on 2nd February 1892 at the Anderton’s Hotel, Fleet Street, for those clubs interested in forming a Southern League.

A total of 26 clubs attended the meeting and discussions ended with a motion from Fred Bearsley of Woolwich Arsenal ‘That a league be formed for London and the South’. Seconded by William Henderson of Millwall the motion was carried and the meeting proceeded to elect twelve clubs. The result was as follows:

Chatham 26, Luton Town 26, Milwall Athletic 25, Marlow 24, Swindon Town 24, Reading 22, West Herts 21, Ilford 19, Woolwich Arsenal 19, Chiswick Park 18, Old St Marks 15, and Crouch End 12. The latter club withdrew after being selected. The unsuccessful clubs were:

Chesham 10, Wolverton 9, City Ramblers 8, Woodville 8, Uxbridge 7, St Albans 6, Erith 3, Westminster Criterion 2, Old St Stephens 2, Upton Park 2, and Tottenham Hotspur 1.

However, the enthusiasm generated in Fleet Street rapidly disappeared when the delegates returned to their own committees. Playing with professionals, even if retaining amateur status, would displease the London FA and county bodies. The clubs refused to ratify the decisions which their delegates had overwhelmingly agreed at the meeting and within a fortnight five clubs had dropped out and the idea again died.

It was late 1893 when the next attempt was made, this time by Milwall Athletic officials. Their secretary William Henderson discussed the idea with the Chairman Colin Gordon who in turn discussed it with Nat Whittaker. A meeting was arranged at the Billiter Coffee Rooms, Fenchurch Street, London on 12th January 1894.

Seconded by Mr W Roger of Reading, William Henderson proposed ‘That this meeting is of the opinion that it is in the interests of football that a southern league should be formed and pledges to all in its power to form such a league’.

The following clubs were in attendance – Chatham, Clapton, Ilford, Luton Town, Milwall Athletic, Reading, and 2nd Scots Guards. They decided to invite the following clubs to a further meeting – Casuals, Crouch End, Crusaders, Old Carthusians, Old Westminsters, Royal Ordnance Factories, and Swindon Town.

Only Royal Ordnance Factories and Swindon Town accepted the invitation which resulted in a league of nine clubs. Although the league had been planned basically for professional clubs, it differed from the Football League by allowing amateur clubs as well – Clapton, Ilford, Reading, and Royal Ordnance factories.

After the late withdrawal of a fifth amateur club, 2nd Scots Guards, the Southern League accepted Southampton St Mary’s and amid renewed enthusiasm a second division was formed. Clubs elected were Bromley, Chesham, Maidenhead, New Brompton, Old St Stephens, Sheppey United, and Uxbridge. Woolwich Arsenal wanted to enter their reserve side but the other clubs decided that this ‘was an audacious proposal and one not to be entertained’.

The following officers were elected: Chairman – Robert Clark (Clapton), Secretary – William Henderson (Millwall Athletic), Treasurer - Colin Gordon (Milwall Athletic).

Henderson’s tenure was brief, resigning before a ball was kicked in the embryonic league and replaced by Nat Whittaker. The management committee consisted of J Dowsett (Ilford), T P Moore (Royal Ordnance), J G Stone (Chesham), and W J Wadhams (Old St Stephens).

Having school ground name calling is as low a defence of a position as it gets, you have no reasonable argument and so resort to child like bawling. Trophies bought via fraud, deception and skulduggery are only celebrated by those with no social conscience. Calling me a Cockney is akin to calling someone from Tunbridge Wells a Frenchman, or a Mancunian being dubbed a Scouser, or someone from Truro... a Plymouthian !

Godolphin have done well, whilst Newquay had a very problematic 2013-14, still managed to score more SWPL goals than them. Despite so called official attendance figures, everyone in the SWPL knows that we are still the best supported club in town, despite our lowly position. Still, we are rebuilding through hard work and not by ripping off local businesses, our future success will be earned, not bought via dishonest means.

I wonder how many will follow Truro City when they travel to Trevenson United Reserves, hardly worth the train fare from High Horse Wycombe is it ?

Having school ground name calling is as low a defence of a position as it gets, you have no reasonable argument and so resort to child like bawling

You've been doing that for years Nemesis! Perhaps your suffering from memory loss regarding the vitriol and name calling you aimed at St Blazey a few years ago!

Really ? Any Banter with the Blazey fans was in good spirits and well reciprocated, we are still very friendly today, ask Paul Bowden, assuming that you know him.

Individuals making personal slights on others have been banned from this forum in the past, not that I'm suggesting anyone is banned in this instance, I was merely pointing out the childlike drivel used. It is clear, that Truro fans who have no defence or arguments that stand up to scrutiny, will do and say anything to deflect attention away from their own failings.

Back on topic... Let's see some figures that would support the Taxpayer bailing out the club, and the Stadium making a profit for Cornwall ?

Well,things are just getting better and better for Truro City.

Two new big sponsorship deals have been reached with Carlsberg and St Austell Breweries.for next season.

Also rumours are Jamie Lowrey has agreed a contract for next season.

Oh yes this Club,is really falling to its knees.

Well done on your two big sponsorship deals, with the figures being bandied around you'll need them to be BIG.

£400 K put in from your main sponsors so far, OH!!! forgot....you have to pay that back - whoops.

For a Spurs fan,you disappoint me.

We do not have to pay back £400K.

That money will be refunded to our owners by the Company that is helping to fund our Stadium.

Come on,try and keep up.

Being a Spurs fan has what to do with what?

I'm doing my best to keep up with what I read and hear, no doubt some things are a bit out.... but the core of it is there somewhere.

I make the assumption that if the new stadium is not built then monies spent would have to be re-paid, if not....result.

Certainly reading between the lines the new stadium is not a forgone conclusion, the city council are certainly against the development which will cause great delay, and may be enough to stop it - I don't know.

Then we are back to S4C, which one of your benefactors has said you would gladly be part of, right or wrong? So you see, I don't think I'm a million miles away from peering through the smoke...you tell me.

But the truth is you are a vehicle for developers, and to enable your sponsors to re-coup their investments.....no more no less.

Also remember, rayvon did invite comments, can't help if some of them are disliked.

Best of luck to TCFC.

The company wouldn't be giving mr masters and mr perryman £400k. That's not exactly going to be accountable on their books. The money would go to Truro city fc of which Mr Masters and mr perryman would recoup from. That's what I presume anyway

I can't see how Truro are going to at a new ground in time for 2015/16 season

Running a football club is not a profitable business. The ffp rules at the top have made it clear that that isn't going to happen so how are the owners going to recoup their money or make money at a club like Truro? The former owner was in it for one thing and that was the ground where he was going to make his money that's no longer an option though

Somersetspur , only one comment City do need their own ground, but the present site planned for the club is a well known for flooding, So city could end up playing water polo ?!!

So Watch this space, Have a nice summer,

Hammers :c::yahoo::c:

And here he is.The set is now complete.They are all here.

Once again I will put you right.

There is more than one site,and negotiations are on going.

Now go and have a lie down,and see if you can think of something a little better.

The company wouldn't be giving mr masters and mr perryman £400k. That's not exactly going to be accountable on their books. The money would go to Truro city fc of which Mr Masters and mr perryman would recoup from. That's what I presume anyway

I can't see how Truro are going to at a new ground in time for 2015/16 season

Running a football club is not a profitable business. The ffp rules at the top have made it clear that that isn't going to happen so how are the owners going to recoup their money or make money at a club like Truro? The former owner was in it for one thing and that was the ground where he was going to make his money that's no longer an option though

Thank the lord,St Darren,someone with a bit of sense.

The politics of the deal,is confusing.I think you may be right,but what ever way it is done,the owners will recoup most

of their outlay,IF the deal goes through.

TISA have questioned the length of time the New Ground schedule will take.

Everyone connected to the deal seems to think,that is possible.We wil have to wait and see.

Our new owners are local buisness men,a little different to the previous regime.

Last season,people would not go near Truro financially,because of the situation the Club was in.

Already this season,we have people investing in the Club with a couple of new sponsorship deals

It is all going in the right direction,with EVERYONE at the Club singing from the same hymn sheet.We know the targets.

Only time will tell.

But we are all going to give it a go.

Pleasure to reply to you,young man.

There are three possible sites?

One on the Falmouth Road, one, the Stadium for Cornwall and the other linked to that firm that wants to build a supermarket in exchange for building a football ground.

First one is too out the way for people to go there on foot and is liable to flooding, the second is relying on money from Cornwall Council and the third is not liked by some of the locals due to too much building on the Park'n'Ride side of that road into Truro.

But can I come back to my one of my original points.

When you take over and own a club any money you put in is gone, your price for owning it. No-one said the owners who took over were loaning the club money.

You shouldn't expect to get it back through a developer. It almost makes you a hostage to that developer if you want your £400K back.

Will they get their money back if they end up at the Stadium for Cornwall?

Will they get their money back if they have to go with the deal involving the supermarket site opposite Threemilestone.

Also if the deal falls through, how long can these backers afford to bankroll the club?

There are three possible sites?

One on the Falmouth Road, one, the Stadium for Cornwall and the other linked to that firm that wants to build a supermarket in exchange for building a football ground.

First one is too out the way for people to go there on foot and is liable to flooding, the second is relying on money from Cornwall Council and the third is not liked by some of the locals due to too much building on the Park'n'Ride side of that road into Truro.

But can I come back to my one of my original points.

When you take over and own a club any money you put in is gone, your price for owning it. No-one said the owners who took over were loaning the club money.

You shouldn't expect to get it back through a developer. It almost makes you a hostage to that developer if you want your £400K back.

Will they get their money back if they end up at the Stadium for Cornwall?

Will they get their money back if they have to go with the deal involving the supermarket site opposite Threemilestone.

Also if the deal falls through, how long can these backers afford to bankroll the club?

At this moment.A American Company AIL own the ground.Helical want to purchase Treyew Rd to develope it into a retail park,with

stores such as John Lewis and DFS,involved.

Helical are the people the Club are dealing with,and negotiating deals.

The trouble with the S4C ,is if Helical want Truro in a Stadium in under 18 month's,how much will they invest into the project.?

As for flood plains,people build on them.

If the deal falls through,TCAFC are sitting tennants at Treyew Rd.How long would it take to get them out.?

I think procedings are a lot more advanced ,than the media are reporting.

Watch this space.

Well there we are, a bit more information, that's better. I will watch the space, not out of malice or pleasure if it goes wrong, but for the survival of your club.

Well if you only read the very first page of this thread,you could of gathered all the info,yourself,then I would'nt have to repeat it.

The jury is out the judge has returned to his chamber and removed his wig, everyone else is waiting with baited breath for the verdict, will it be a return to the Blue Square Conference South in our new purpose built stadium next season or will we be playing in the Trelawney League Division 5 as suggested down Malpas Park in three years time. A final word from the defence, Nemesis you do need to get your facts right old chap, the timber shed clubhouse did not burn down FACT neither do we need to get back to our own forum as you suggest, I think you will find this one is titled The Calor League Premier Division, also I am not one of the band that jumped on the band wagon when we got into bed with Mr Heaney. May I wish you all a very happy close season I'm back off to dreamland now to watch England watch the world cup. TOIGTBIW it has been noted regarding your best wishes to Truro City (much appreciated) Long live the Pope.

Damn Rayvon, you actually had one comment right, then changed it. Of course England will be watching the World Cup, after the meaningless match vs Costa Coffee, they'll be in the pub watching Belgium reach the Semi-Final and Spain win it again.

• 1 month later...

Fantastic news today for TRURO CITY AFC.

Contracts have been signed today between AIL,Helical Ltd and Truro City AFC,confirming that a new Stadium will be build

for Truro City,when they leave Treyew Rd for the construction of the Retail Park.

Plans of the deal,and Helical people will be at Treyew Road on July the 12th,to answer all questions.

Wonder how many of the people on here with BIG GOBS ,will be there.?

Still have to be passed by the council and it is not the preferred site! The council want to build somewhere else.

Are you coming along to Treyew Road on July 12 to have a look at the proposals and pass on your

concerns about our Club,to the Owners and Helical Ltd.

May be they can ease your worries.

Where is it going to be built Dave? its all very well signing contracts but until a site is found and building starts, I wouldn't bank on anything. Coming from experience with the Americans at Liverpool!!!

Best of luck though, a new ground would certainly see a brighter future. Hope they've not gone over the top with the design and that shabang though and made it 5000 seats or something

Where is it going to be built Dave? its all very well signing contracts but until a site is found and building starts, I wouldn't bank on anything. Coming from experience with the Americans at Liverpool!!!

Best of luck though, a new ground would certainly see a brighter future. Hope they've not gone over the top with the design and that shabang though and made it 5000 seats or something

Dont know where for certain.There are sites that are being discussed.

Darren,I just cant see AIL,Helical and TCFC ,spending all this time and money,to come to this stage for it all to go tits up.

Helical and AIL are also sponsering TCFC and the project.

Come along on the 12 July.

A rare posting from me......

mainly because of people like Nemises saying I don't belong here despite my involvement with Cornish Football since the 1960's [and not just Truro].

But - I have only just seen the Email from The TCFC Chairman regarding the completion of the deal for the future with the new ground and continuing monthly investment payments. I cannot let this pass without saying a very well done to the management who rescued the Club and are building towards a great new future.

This is extreemly welcome in the year the Club celebrates its 125th anniversary.

Still no comment from our friend over in the Stadium for Newquay. Perhaps he will wait until after his visit to Truro next week to study our new plans. By the way Nemesis perhaps you would be so kind as to bring over a couple of bags of food to feed our herd of unicorns who are at the moment contently grazing on the lush green baize at Treyew Road or maybe he's having his afternoon siesta in dreamland dreaming of Newquay winning the Carlsberg South West Peninsula League.

Lot of fishing going on here....no bites yet. OH!!!!! no bricks laid yet either!!!!!!! OH!!!! no site yet as well. There's a couple of nibbles fer ya - Just being a realist.

But as always, best of luck from me boys and girls. See you down Malpas sometime. :c:

Dear oh dear older ,even you could surely come up with something more intellectual than that!

For the record I'm from Falmouth,played for Falmouth clubs junior and senior all my career (including falmouth town ,meant to be rivals with tcfc)

I go and watch Truro with my boy when I can and watch very little if any other local football ,I want to watch the highest possible standard of football in my locality and will continue to do so and if they get a new stadium then that's fantastic ! Truro are no longer rivals of Falmouth ,Newquay or St austell ,their big games are Weymouth etc ! I just think its a real shame more local people can't get behind Truro because with the people in charge at the club now really seem to know what they are doing . In fact I would go as far to say that some of the bitching about truro especially on here is bordering on embarrassing !