Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Fixtures - Saturday 12th April 2012

can you post your results, scorers and attendances on this thread please or text me on 07597907549 with any details.

Thanks

Cornwall Combination League

12th April 2014

Falmouth Athletic 0-0 St Ives Town

Att - 25

Falmouth Town Reserves 0-1 Penryn Athletic Reserves (Ryan Marrt)

Att - 47

Goonhavern Athletic (Chris Lock, Craig Brown) 2-2 Troon (Ashley Smeeth 2)

Att - 15

Mullion (Alan Thomas) 1-0 Hayle

Att - 25

Perranwell (Dan Senior) 1-4 St Just (Rob Troon, Neil Curnow, Darren Steadman, Jack Willis)

Att - 34

Redruth United (Barry McCabe) 1-1 Newquay Reserves (Ollie Downing)

Att - 52

St Agnes (Nick Perry 2) 2-1 Porthleven Reserves (Shane Miller)

Att - 35

St Day (Gavin Boon 2) 2-4 Ludgvan (Gerans James 3, Tom Patrick)

Att - 35

Wendron United 0-2 Illogan RBL (James Martin, Jason Roberts)

Att - 50

POS TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS

1 ILLOGAN RBL 29 27 1 1 92 25 67 82

2 LUDGVAN 30 23 3 4 118 48 70 72

3 REDRUTH UNITED 30 21 3 6 93 40 53 66

4 ST JUST 29 20 3 6 90 49 41 63

5 WENDRON UNITED 24 20 1 3 100 26 74 61

6 ST IVES TOWN 30 16 8 6 58 42 16 56*

7 MULLION 27 16 4 7 75 33 42 52

8 ST AGNES 25 13 3 9 46 51 -5 42

9 PERRANWELL 31 11 7 13 69 66 3 40

10 FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES 34 10 6 18 57 95 -38 36*

11 ST DAY 26 11 1 14 70 42 28 34"

12 PENRYN ATHLETIC RESERVES 33 9 6 18 56 81 -25 33

13 HAYLE 31 8 9 14 37 64 -27 33^

14 RNAS CULDROSE 24 9 4 11 38 57 -19 31*

15 NEWQUAY RESERVES 31 6 8 17 48 71 -23 26

16 FALMOUTH ATHLETIC 27 3 7 17 27 68 -41 19*

17 TROON 31 5 4 21 33 111 -78 19*

18 GOONHAVERN ATHLETIC 32 5 2 25 39 117 -78 17*

19 PORTHLEVEN RESERVES 32 3 4 25 38 98 -60 10°

^Plus 6 points * Plus 3 points °Minus 3 points "Minus 21 points

Great atmosphere at the club at the moment and two huge results today for the 1's and 2's, unfortunate for the 3's coz we have taken Ryan and pat from them to make up for robbo and injuries and suspensions, but that's how the club works all pushing in the same direction

Mullion1-0 hayle 0-0 half time to young sides playing football ,thought we about deserved a point but well taken goal scott also saved a penalty late on from a trip in the box we had a shout for pen but turned down , Kevin knowledge ruffed today and was faultless and he enjoyed the game , pitch looked ok and good support for mullion another well run club who have turned the corner from previous years good luck in your final against st,day next week and good Dave minns today as he has supported the club for years

Great atmosphere at the club at the moment and two huge results today for the 1's and 2's, unfortunate for the 3's coz we have taken Ryan and pat from them to make up for robbo and injuries and suspensions, but that's how the club works all pushing in the same direction

Well said Scoffy, team

Spirit is off the charts at the min, all 3 teams always working as one club, fantastic atmosphere, counts for a lot

Delayed post from me, I didn't want to post something that I may later regret! Wendron 0-2 Illogan, two very good finishes from Illogan for their goals, and they are a tough team to break down. My biggest issue from Saturday was that with my team battling extremely hard to get back into the game at 1-0 down, and having sustained pressure, Shaun Carter making some outstanding saves, we got a goal back from Luke Wort, ref turns away whistle in mouth, Illogan Lino decides that Luke has handled, how he can see better than the ref, being twice as far away from the incident, is beyond me! When I ask the ref politely after the game why, he has allowed their Lino to make calls other than offsides as he Instructed our Lino, his reply was that because he was a qualified ref he has allowed him to flag for anything! So not a level playing field is it when you give an extremely partisan person the power to influence, arguably the most crucial league game of the season. This came at the crucial point in the game. Yes I don't like losing, yes I'm biased, but I do have a valid point this has had a bearing on this league!

This happens more than you realise and like you, you don't know that the referee has made that decision until something contentious happens. It seems, once again, that there is no consistency, some linesmen are treated like complete idiots and others are given carte blanche power and quite often you get one of each at a game. Some will no doubtedly say "tough" but it would be nice to know before a game.

le boss ,,,, instead of making offensive comments relating to another club or official,,,, why don't you take a referee coarse , the game is always looking for new refs to have a moan about !!

And who have i made an offensive comment against? I guess you might be referring to the term Hooligan? It certainly is not offensive to either club or official - I know a lot of lads at Illogan and do not view them so dimly - quite the opposite in fact so get your facts straight!!

The matter in question u believe it was hand ball for the wendron goal that was disallowed as I was rather close to the action. Saving the 1st effort. The ball did did hit his hand and literally rolled all the way down his arm. Good battle between two sides which both teams showing a lot of passion and commitment for there clubs

Clearly handball paul so I'm not sure why your so upset! You had chances to level and didn't take them! No one mentioned when you beat us in the cup with a very biased referee who didn't play advantage when our player had an empty net to shot at! Drawing at that point aswell and from the resulting free kick you went down the other end and scored!!

le boss,,,,,,, I am so sorry if I didn't get my facts right,, I don't have a dictionary handy, but to my knowledge, the term Hooligan,, means something very different in ur language,,,,!!

I am sure no one at Illogan is offended - the term of endearment has been used towards them many times and is only a play on words.

Excuses... Quality team perfomance from Illogan.. Team spirit is amazing...

Your comments in the week about us slipping up at perran and a poor result against Goonhavern .. And missing a certain player, gave us all the motivating we needed!

All the best!

Jr 08 I think there saying the rules were different because the linesman for wendron was told at the start of the game only flag offsides no other decisions, but the Illogan linesman was allowed to flag fouls etc as he used to be a ref. I can see why they are upset as the west briton camera man behind the goal who is obviously neutral stated there was nothing wrong with the goal at all as did 3 others by the goal but at the end of the day the linesman flagged for a handball when the referee was better placed and saw nothing wrong with the goal so I think that's were the hard done by feeling comes from. wendron were also bare bones for the game having 4 of there starting 11 unavailable so I don't think anything was meant by comments of anyone being unavailable for Illogan! in the end was a good game by both teams and was a huge win for Illogan which makes them massive favourites for this years combination league

Well camera man must just wanted people to hear what they wanted as when I asked him he said to me it was handball. And as I was right next to the incident it was hand ball not intentional but hand was used to guide the ball over the line

I expected all this rhetoric and more when I posted, I believe my players, and as you would all know will stand by them. I have not slated Illogan's players, and if you read my post I have given credit too, both in this game and in the cup game(JR). I have the upmost respect for all teams, whoever we play. I will however not back down from what I consider to be, my right to air my opinion on a public forum, the ref said to me and my assistant that he would not have allowed our assistant to make the same decisions as yours, why should I be shouted down, for saying that? Also why did the usual Lino not do this game?

Whatever I or anyone else says Jason, it will not change anything! If the shoe was on the other foot, we would hear the same if not more condemnation all over various social media. Abbo, its good to see you are taking the time to read my postings on the Wendron FC Facebook page.

Im not sure its fair to expect any referee to explain his decisions on a public forum site,he is not

on trial for this, or any other game.As a retired ex ref, I personaly would have been pleased if I had a qualified ref representing a club as a lino . I was,nt at that game,so I cant comment what did or

didn't happen, but I am afraid that once clubs or players start to question any ref about any dicisions that have gone against them, I would hope they wouldn't expect any ref it get into any public debate

to explain why he allowed or disallowed a goal or any other decision he made.While I was in the middle many years ago, I know I made mistakes , as do any other player on a Saturday afternoon,,, common guys,

time to move on !!

Sounds like sour grapes to me, you could go through every game and end up with a long list of mistakes from officials and players alike, but the bottom line is the score...! I have watched a few Wendron games this season and have been impressed with everything from the set up to the tea lady, and the team, but I think when you lose fairly it's time to be graceful in defeat, you are not in a playground anymore, and moaning on here will change absolutely nothing!!! If you feel the rules of assistant officials need to be the same then you need to contact the ccfa, or combo, and talk to them about it, all linesmen should be treated the same, just give throw ins and offsides, leave the free kicks and pens to the ref even if they are an ex referee.....

I may be wrong, and I wasn't there so can't comment on whether on not it was a handball or not, but from what Paul has said; I believe his issue lies at the influence of the linesman or second officials. I don't think it's fair that the ref has given both linesman different instructions, regardless of qualifications-if this is the case. And from what has been said, the ref was in a better place to view the incident over the linesman.

I don't think Paul has argued about losing, and has been gracious in defeat, complementing Illogan.

I've no ties with either club, just my assessment on what's been posted.

Can't see the ref giving different instructions to linesmen all linesmen have to at combo be qualified some refs will tell you all fouls are theirs only thing for the Lino to do is ball in and out of play corners , goal kicks ect ,and all refs will tell you in the penalty box all fouls are theirs so the onus is on them and linesmen don't get a load of shit for any wrong calls some reff if both linesmen are qualified will tell you to flag for fouls on the blind side nearest to , but as in a lot of cases due to a shortage of linesmen often it's a disgruntled player or manager who has to do this And this can cause problems , all the years I have been a linesman have never heard a reff give different instructions to each linesman as he gives what he wants from you before kick off , you are part of his team and his eyes as well we all make mistakes even players and managers but this is what makes for debate ,can't see the ref involved as we had him tonight and I have known him for years from my playing days he is one of the fairest refs and one you can talk to we will miss him when he is gone , guys please think when having a moan about officials because they are getting less and less each season and without them there is no game