Cornwall Football Forum

St Day Points Deduction?

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not to sure in ccfa rulings but where I used to manage if you signed on for 1 club then left to play a higher standard you became their player,if you wanted to drop back down a 7day approach was required.also you could not waiver 7 days. Would it not be a good idea to stop clubs from loading up with players from a higher league players that drop down must play at the lower level for 3 games

Gentlemen !!,, I know I maybe old, ancient, and decrepit , but up to the time I gave up playing ( 100 years ago ) ,,,, there was this excellent rule where if a player signed on to play for a club,, he played for THAT club,,,,,, none of this "multi club stuff ",,, If that player wanted to play for another !!! he would have to get transferred, or wait until the next playing season to sign on elsewhere,,

I maybe missing a point somewhere on this issue,,, but the answer is "simples",,,,,,,,,

Halfback its not simple, because a team that has a good peninsula side might have a not so good combo side fighting a relegation battle.they could therefore swap the players around save the combo team from being relegated stop another combo team from winning the league due to playing a peninsula side when rivals have played the combo side that was poor, relegating a side that possibly could have saved themselves if they were not up against a team that could bring players down leagues. Moral is if you allow players to sign for 1 club and play at all levels within that club the lower leagues will be totally distroyed.including the club that has these players as players won't stay for long when they are continually been dropped when the first team game is called off and better players are available

I wish St Day well in the cup, but no-one has made the obvious point about their reinstatement.

If the FA rule change St.Day had breached applied to all senior competitions the fact that the JCCL management had

applied it only to the rules of the Combo League but not those of the Combo Cup, surely the league management committee is guilty (again) of incompetent administration. As a result, if any club were minded to appeal to the CCFA on those grounds, whatever the results of this year's final, an FA hearing could strip St Day of the trophy if they win it.

I'm not suggesting that Mullion should do this, as I'm sure we would all prefer competitions to be decided on the field.

Food for thought, however, for anybody making a collection of John Roberts ****-ups.

I might write up the book next year when I've retired and am at a loose end. The existing dossier, which I've been compiling since 1994, already runs to 107 pages !

Thanks Halfback, message I was really trying t get across I suppose was that year's back a team with both senior/junior sides played their entire senior side in the junior cup which wasn't fair on the junior side they played in the final.

Mr Rosenberg, although I find your posts amusing at times I feel that directing post at one person who has a committee behind him also unfair,please remember you were connected with a

combo club and had the chance to input at agms the same as everyone else.

Sorry Rodney, there was no FA Rule change involved - it was a League Rule change which complied fully with the FA Standard Code of Rules (which contain no reference to "Senior" or "Junior" competitions) All League Rules were approved and sanctioned by CCFA before the start of the season. No blame for any foul-ups can be directed towards those responsible for administering the Combination League.