Cornwall Football Forum

TRURO CITY REFUSED

Guest Helston Patriot

I agree with el nino, Why is that a good thing :wacko: ????? Surely we want cornish :c: clubs of all standard to improve and move forwards.... Personally i think more pitches would be benifical as it would mean more kids playing football and less kids on the streets vandlizing stuff!

I dont think you would be putting the smilies if it was PZ....

Shoe and other foot spring to mind... CTB you've done well with your websites and all the prediction stuff, but dont let yourself down now :(

Well put foward Helston Patriot. Cornwall is becoming more and more like a city, kids running out of control, lets give them something to do instead of commiting offences! :)

Well put foward Helston Patriot. Cornwall is becoming more and more like a city, kids running out of control, lets give them something to do instead of commiting offences! :)

Truro IS a city :P and these pitches might of kept some of the kids in Truro off of the streets (can't see it personally) but what about kids in other towns around Cornwall ????? I know i wouldn't take my kid all the way to Truro to maybe play on these pitches if he was good enough, theres plenty of things for kids of all ages to do in most towns. And besides not all kids like football :D

Guest Man on the Post

I agree HP. I also think it would be great if all the cornish district councils, (Penwith, Kerrier, Restormel etc), could have such facilities.

Over the next 10 years or so a lot more housing, (5000 homes I believe), has to be provided in Truro but there is very little spare land. The land which Truro City wanted to develop is within the City boundary and will undoubtedly be built on in the future. The local objectors may have succeeded in stopping the football development only to end up with a housing estate in a few years time.

As a youngster I lived in the area in question.

There was a Football Pitch where me and some mates used to play - this open space was taken away and houses were built there - the same houses that now are occupied by some people who objected to the new plans.

So it seems its ok for a green open space to be taken away for these houses but when there is a chance of providing pitches 2 - 3 hundred yards up the road to replace what was previously lost it is turned down.!!

Guest BenTimmo

I know City take a lot of bashing on here, and I know a lot of it is justified, but at the end of the day more football pitches and better facilities are better for everyone. Okay, so not everyone benefits directly week in, week out. Neither do they from Wendron's new facility, and yet all I heard about that was good.

You talk about Truro poaching kids, coaches and even teams, but that is little different to what happens in Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool, Warwickshire, Yorkshire etc. All that is happening here is that the balance is shifting and Cornwall is coming in line with most other areas in that it has a club that is significantly bigger than the ones around it. It isn't always great for the smaller clubs, but it isn't going to change, its the way of the world. And no, we don't have to be happy with it.

But still, a ground of this type would not have made things worse for Penzance, Helston Ath, Redruth Utd, Portreath, other than the fact that a very very small minority of players (we're talking one or two a club max) might prefer to sign with Truro than them. But that's the way of the world... who's the kid gonna sign with in Manc? United, City or Fallowfield Rangers? Different scale, but same principle.

HERE WE GO THE USUAL DRIVEL ABOUT FOOTBALL KEEPING KIDS OFF THE STREETS.

So what do kids do when they aren't training at Truro or getting the odd game if they are good enough? Do they sit at home because the coach has said to them as they are leaving the pitch "stay indoors all week until your next coaching. Don't go out with your mates."

Where do you posters live in fantasy land. Kids will get into trouble even if they go to football practise. They are out on the street or in the park playing having a kick-a-bout and then get bored. Then the mob or gang attitude takes over because of boredom.

One kid on his own is unlikely to cause problems but a group of bored kids because of the mob or gang attitude are more likely to do something wrong. Smash the window in the local park, break down the fence around the local play area, beat up young kids who dare too use their "pitch".

Kids training at Truro does not stop trouble.

What happens to the kid who's told by Truro that they're no good, not good enough because Truro only want winners?

Does that kid feel happy or miserable?

Anita is right, football does not stop kids misbehaving, and people who say that it does are living in dream world.

Thanks billym.

According to a 2-page report in the Daily Mail a few months ago Mr Heany said he had NO interest in football. Then a man came begging for money and told him all about Truro City's problems. He then went away and looked at the figures. Well not him, his accountants and said lets do it, take over a football club.

Why the sudden interest. People who have money, unless it's huge sums always want more.

How much is the land a Treyew Road worth with planning permissions. The pitch, huge car park, 5-a-side pitch. I bet you more than £6millon in profit if built upon.

Guest TruroLad

its a shame this got rejected as it would be great for Truro and Truro city, it wont be used by everyone in cornwall so it doesnt benefit cornwall, to be honest i think the main reason you wanted it rejected is through pure jealousy, i hope in the future another plan gets approved.

i do like to laugh at the Truro haters on here, just because they have ambitions and money they are all of a sudden the worst team in cornwall, stop being so childish and get a grip.

Truro are certainly not the worst Team in Cornwall as everyone will vouch. They are to be commended for their ambitions and most people will want to see them achieved within the requirements of their local Authorities.

We all have to live by the same Rules, which by and large are there to safe guard the general Community.

I'm sure Kevin Heaney will do what is right even if it takes longer.

Guest Man on the Post

Sorry iamthebest but I don't think it's online. It appeared on pages 14 and 15 of the Mail on Sunday Football section on May 6th, which I've kept. It was written by Ian Ridley their Chief Football Writer. I'll see if I can scan it and perhaps email it to you.

There is so much "brown belt" ie Mining waste land in the Camborne-Redruth area which together the two towns are the most populated urban area in Cornwall.(40,000 pop. only 10 miles from Truro)

What about the waste clay industrial land of St.Austell?

If Mr.Heaney was to look into such areas to develop football for the youth of the County and not specially Truro City he would have been supported 100% by the footballing community of Cornwall.

I personally am totally against any form of development (housing,industrial and even roads) on the green fields of our County when alternatives should be sought.

Just a couple quick comments : Firstly, I jjust can't believe anyone who is really keen on football in Cornwall would come on here suggesting that the Council's decline is the right decision! We should be supporting any and all football clubs in the county improving themselves.

Secondly, if Truro have found someone who is prepared to pump a lot of money into their football club, good on them. Wouldn't your club love to be in that position?

Thirdly, yes, Mr Heaney is a businessman first and formeost, and if he were to develop the Treyew Road site, well surely sufficient sums of that money would be pumped into financing the new site anyway. Who is losing out? :glare:

Guest BenTimmo

I felt it was out of order suggesting some other comments were .....! They went to the bother of making a post .. no matter how much anyone might disagree with the content, there is no need to degrade another person's posting. Thanks

That's a bit off, he made some good points in that post, maybe it could have just been edited, or a request for him to remove certain parts, rather than now removing his decent content??

Sorry, but why should he suggest the posting should finish? Why should he suggest that other comments were not very good (only put in a more impolite manner)? Why not just make the good points and stop knocking other postings?

One of the reasons we don't get people placing more postings is because they are unnecessarily ridiculed.

We haven't always got time to edit postings, and to be frank, why should we have to?

Cornishteddyboy, why are you so against truro having a new footballing facilties, i know for sure you wouldn`t turn it down if it was offered to Pz!

For everyone else:-

Yes (Mr Heaney) he is a business man, but i believe he is seriously looking after truro and want them to benifit from a new facilties, its a fair deal if you ask me, he gets land to build houses on, and the club get the facilties they dream of and wont get any other way.

I have met Mr Heaney personally and from what i know of him he is a very nice person, very polite, and he`d be very welcome to Porthleven football club anytime.

Dont go picking out El Nino`s comments and making it a big deal, Its not about keeping `kids` off the streets but its providing our `kids` with better facilties, training, coaching etc etc for the ones that ARE interested in football, its their choice, and it`ll be there if they want it.

Truro Councils lost i say, they should be behind it 100% Just hope they realise and sort it out sooner than later.

What a mixture of comments comming from this subject, Let's put it in context,

! Truro City were a football club deeply in debt,

Along comes a very rich buisness man(Mr Heaney) who say's I will pay off your debt, & build you new Football pitches,& Stadium, if you leave me have the Treyew ground for development,

So the club agrees & the debt is paid off, & Mr heaney becomes Chairman of the Club, & spends thousands of pounds making improvements & buying in good players to take the club forward,

now some People may not like that but if he had done it to your club would you have turned it down, No you would not, so in a nut shell best of luck to Truro City,

we also know that all buisness men do not just spend money for no return, that is what has made them rich because the are prepared to take risks,

The Treyew Ground is reported to be worth around 7 Million pounds, so Mr Heaney would get his money back, what is wrong with that,

the only question which even many City suporters are asking is, if Mr Heaney gets the Treyew ground, will he then walk away, or if he does not get his planned new Stadium, will he walk away,

Only Mr Heaney knows the answer to that question.

Hammers :thumbsup::c: :c:

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Is the covenant still in place, that the ground at Treyew Road may only be used for sporting purposes ?

Oct 2004, on this very forum, I used the phrase...... "Treyew Rd and a property developer, go figure !" The original promise was to rebuild the current ground, then it was downgraded to a 16,000 all seater 'Stadium for Cornwall' with top class football and concerts (on the basis that he could sell or build on Treyew Road at a huge profit). All this was to happen within 2 years of him taking over the 'ownership' of the club. The plans were scaled down again to an 8,000 all seater and a training pitch - does anyone know what his current plans are now the most recent proposal was turned down ?

Whatever happens, at the end of this, Mr Heaney will not be out of pocket. He has aquired £7m worth of land for an initial £50k outlay, he got the clubhouse rebuilt by Insurers and his mates and spent a fair few quid on players wages for which he has most certainly got his moneys worth in publicity value (is that where Newquay Ladies fit in ?) If the planning dept keep refusing the new ground, he can always sell Treyew Rd and walk away, something some original City fans feared when he walked in.

I have stated all along, it is those old City fans who have my sympathies, they have watched as their club was sold from under them and may yet see it disappear. The newbies who jumped on the Gloryhunting bandwagon care little for history and will go back to watching Sky in Bunters wearing their Man Utd shirts.

I was pointing out Truro is a city. If kids are interested in football theres loads of clubs they can go too, and if this plan had gone through it would benifit the kids of Truro who where interested in football, not the kids of Cornwall.

I have to disagree with that, I think it would benifit the whole of cornwall because if Truro keep pushing and improving the football and making their mark on the map then kids are going to want and train there etc etc, its like now, how many times have i heard of dads saying "Oh yeah my boy he`s had trials at plymouth argyle etc etc" boasting about it, I even heard one saying it was a pain in the arse to take his boy training in plymouth every weekend cos of all the travelling, so if truro could offer the same professional level of training why would it not benifit the kids of cornwall??

Yes i agree with you there are loads of other clubs that they can go to, but will those clubs have the facilties, money, training backing as much as Truro FC could offer? IF the council had backed the go ahead of the New facilities?

As for the Judge, well your bitter because its not your club getting the money, would be a different story if it was the other way round though wouldn`t it?

Why is it, I am not allowed to post anything on this forum without someone having a dig, this time from a moderator !!!

I am not jealous and never will be. I have always supported the City fans who relunctantly walked away from the club they had supported for years once Heaney was handed the keys. Mount Wise is a leasehold ground to 2073 and only the local authority can buy the club out and develop the ground. The probability of Mr Heaney looking at a ground where he was not going to make any money was as likely as me supporting Porthleven.

If I wanted to support a well funded non-league club run by an egotistical millionaire (again), I would make sure that all plans were drawn up with the clubs best interests at heart and not by adding to an already stuffed wallet.

True success has to be worked for, Truro success has been bought.

PAPS - You might want to look at how many trophies have resided at Mount Wise over the years and compare the long list with that of the bare cupboards you have at Gala Parc, perhaps it is you who is the green eyed monster !

Dearest Paps, I was merely highlighting the point that perhaps it is you that is the Jealous one. My views on the Truro City / Heaney subject are well documented and I have always, from day one 14/10/2004, stuck up for those true City fans who were against the takeover.

Yes, I can see the value in local authorities in conjunction with private enterprise building sporting facilities for all to enjoy - but this is a purely commercial venture which sees just one man make money and with the possibility of a long standing, respected Cornish football club having to fold because they will have nowhere to play ! I hope that he does build a wonderful sporting facility and then passes it over the the clubs custodians to run as a football club and not a money making machine, something the original City fans may have accepted.

On a more personal note Paps, you may wish to return your copy of 'The Football Factory', the image just dosn't suit you !

Jealous? No way near it fella! I`m all for truro having a new facilties, and their success, i`m all for Mr Heaney buying the facilties and having the land, and like i`ve said i`ve met the guy and he is a nice person so i say go for it.

So hopefully it will go ahead and be a success for Truro FC for the sake of Cornish Football.

All the best Truro FC and Kevin Heaney from Paparazzi

Guest truropaul

Judge, as I understand it, Mr Heaney's company agreed to a covenant that said that there would be a ground within the boundaries of the City of Truro that would host football of a minimum of Combo level. As it stands, Carrick refuse to allow the club to develop within the City limits. Woupd you be happy if the same situation was put to Newquay?

There is one thing that you have all missed, Mr Heaney only owns the Club house & the car park,

the ground is owned by a consortium of three,

the agreement as I read it is, when Mr Heaney has provided the club with a new ground he will get the Treyew site,

I think that is a very good deal for Truro City Football club,

Again I say any club in Cornwall would never turn down the chance of a rich buisness man turning up at their club & pumping Thousands of pounds into the club,

Hammers :yahoo::thumbsup::clapper::c: :c:

Looking at some of the posts I do wonder why so many folk are envious of Kevin Heaney! Cornishteddyboy, you live in a dream world as some of your comments stink.

I know for a fact that Penzance once had a Camborne financial businessman for their first team who could have proved very valuable, however at the first match that he attended he was asked to PAY at the gate by a senior committee member, even knowing that he had brought a financial benefit to the club!! How on earth can someone be treated like that I am at a loss to understand. It goes without saying the businessman left the ground after the game stating that it would be his 1st and last contribution for the club.

The moral of this story is, look after anyone who has enough balls to place their money into any club and leave behind the envy of his position.

Guest tom@white tigers

I think it's a real shame the plans have not been given the go ahead. It would have brought so much publicity to Cornish football and would have helped promote Cornish football in general. Plus this will make Truro City lose some of it's confidence. But i'm sure they have a plan B. :c:

its a shame this got rejected as it would be great for Truro and Truro city, it wont be used by everyone in cornwall so it doesnt benefit cornwall, to be honest i think the main reason you wanted it rejected is through pure jealousy, i hope in the future another plan gets approved.

i do like to laugh at the Truro haters on here, just because they have ambitions and money they are all of a sudden the worst team in cornwall, stop being so childish and get a grip.

once again nobody can disagree with the truro bandwagon without being classed as jealous

Secondly, if Truro have found someone who is prepared to pump a lot of money into their football club, good on them. Wouldn't your club love to be in that position?

Along comes a very rich buisness man(Mr Heaney) who say's I will pay off your debt, & build you new Football pitches,& Stadium, if you leave me have the Treyew ground for development,

So the club agrees & the debt is paid off, & Mr heaney becomes Chairman of the Club, & spends thousands of pounds making improvements & buying in good players to take the club forward,

now some People may not like that but if he had done it to your club would you have turned it down, No you would not, so in a nut shell best of luck to Truro City,

As for the Judge, well your bitter because its not your club getting the money, would be a different story if it was the other way round though wouldn`t it?

and now we have the if it it was your club you would'nt have a problem with it, well yes i would have a problem with it, if you can't see the bigger picture then more fool you and if anybody ever tried to do the same to my club I would'nt go again.

I've pointed it out before and I will point it out again no club that has tried to rise through the leagues rapidly have been successful long term, they have all slid back down the pyramid truro might not slide all the way back to the CSWPL but they will slide in time.

I'm not sure all of Truros money is coming from Mr Heaney. Their clubhouse seems to be turning over a fair few quid too - today I was charged £1.25 for a bottle of Lucozade (80p at Perrranporth) and 75p for a can of Sprite! :o I didn't dare ask how much it was for a pint!! :wacko:

ask people the reasons they hate truro though, look at the way they went about getting the ladies team from newquay. if they went about their business in other ways im sure they would have more fans. jealousy MUST have something to do with it though!!

p.s why was it rejected??

and now we have the if it it was your club you would'nt have a problem with it, well yes i would have a problem with it, if you can't see the bigger picture then more fool you and if anybody ever tried to do the same to my club I would'nt go again.

I've pointed it out before and I will point it out again no club that has tried to rise through the leagues rapidly have been successful long term, they have all slid back down the pyramid truro might not slide all the way back to the CSWPL but they will slide in time.

If your club could have new facilties bigger and better than what you have now, then yes you would be all for it, Even if Truro slid all the way back to the bottom of the pyramid they would still have the best facilties around. I can agree with you that most clubs might not like some rich fella coming in and throwing his money around at the club only for the club to come crashing back down again when he leaves again, but this is about Mr heaney buying truro a new club and he has the old ground end of, what is wrong with that everyone is a winner.

So dont come out with you would have a problem if someone was offering to buy your club some bigger and better facilties, clubhouse etc etc, cos you wouldn`t!

Stop going on about when the money is gone and they will come crashing back down, this topic is about them and their new facilties!

sorry paps I can think for myself and I would'nt agree with bigger and better facilitys, why would we need bigger and better facilities once torpoint get their floodlights then I will be happy.

I never brought money into it I believe it was you I just take offence that nobody can have a sensible debate on anything relating to truro without the "your jealous" or "if it was your club you would'nt mind" lines being trotted out.