Cornwall Football Forum

Bad day for Arsenal.....

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I did say a few months ago that Mr Whinger would finish this season with the grand total of seven out of seventy-two trophies to show for his Arsenal career, instead of the impressive seven out of sixty-eight that he held last Summer. And I'm going to stick by that prediction.

Okay, so I'm going to gloat a little bit!

:thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

We hear all the same rubbish from the Goons every season.Then come January/February,their season disintagrate.Ozil,£40 million to spend most of the game on his arse.Know your limits.You will never win the Premeirship,as long as you have your owners fleecing the coffers.HaHaHaHaHa.

but when will the spuds win the prem league . Perhaps another 110 million thrown at it and then lend the players out and sack yet another manager and maybe get a new stadium while your at it and still finish behind the gunners what is it now 52 years and still waiting for your next league title long wait spuds always the bridesmaid never the bride ha ha

We hear all the same rubbish from the Goons every season.Then come January/February,their season disintagrate.Ozil,£40 million to spend most of the game on his arse.Know your limits.You will never win the Premeirship,as long as you have your owners fleecing the coffers.HaHaHaHaHa.

but when will the spuds win the prem league . Perhaps another 110 million thrown at it and then lend the players out and sack yet another manager and maybe get a new stadium while your at it and still finish behind the gunners what is it now 52 years and still waiting for your next league title long wait spuds always the bridesmaid never the bride ha ha

Steve please,all this " my **** is bigger than yours" rubbish,is all you Goons spout on about.

We finish above Spurs etc ,etc, is pitiful rubbish.

If that is a measure of success for you, whoopi.

Bottom line here is.

Spurs HAVE won the League.

Spurs HAVE won the F.A Cup.

Spurs HAVE won the League Cup.

Spurs Have won European Trophies.

Exactly the same as the Goons.

But of course you have a bigger ground.

You also have an even BIGGER empty trophy cabinet.

So try a different argument,yours is getting boring.

Steve please,all this " my **** is bigger than yours" rubbish,is all you Goons spout on about.

Bottom line here is.

not an argument just dealing with facts truth hurts sss no medals until may for any clubs and cant see the gunners winning the league a chance maybe fa cup if we get past everton but they are a hard side to beat , probable best place in league behind city and chelski still two to three class players short for the league but getting closer

Bottom line here is.

not an argument just dealing with facts truth hurts sss no medals until may for any clubs and cant see the gunners winning the league a chance maybe fa cup if we get past everton but they are a hard side to beat , probable best place in league behind city and chelski still two to three class players short for the league but getting closer

So you only deal in facts.

Spurs did spend £110 million.

They recouped.£86 million for Gareth Bale.£9 million for Steven Caulker,and £5 million for Tom Huddlestone.

In fact with a few side kicks being sold as well,Spurs were one of the very few sides that made a profit.

Thats a FACT.

If you went to WHL,you would see for yourself,that the New Stadium is well under way.

Thats a FACT.

I deal in facts,as well.

Bit different to yours.

Bottom line here is.

They recouped.£86 million for Gareth Bale.£9 million for Steven Caulker,and £5 million for Tom Huddlestone.

In fact with a few side kicks being sold as well,Spurs were one of the very few sides that made a profit.

Thats a FACT.

If you went to WHL,you would see for yourself,that the New Stadium is well under way.

Thats a FACT.

I deal in facts,as well.

Bit different to yours.

as with all transfers it is in staged payments and due to add ons [ trophies] so might not be 86 mill ? and on your stadium has just been very quiet on that front thought the money was invested in players not the stadium , glad to see the spuds are coming into the 21st century

Bottom line here is.

Thats a FACT.

Thats a FACT.

I deal in facts,as well.

Bit different to yours.

i like mine better my facts are better than yours ha ha or even BIGGER

It's all very well Arsenal defending like they presently are, and I know they've got 10 men, but they are offering nothing. Bayern really should have got a couple more goals by now with all the possession etc. Still time for them with 10 mins left, but they could end up being disappointed with a 1 nil away won. We'll see.

Thoroughly disappointing from an Arsenal point of view. A 2 nil home defeat. But the tie should already be over, and it isn't quite. Bayern dominated that, and I would have thought a 4 nil score line would have easily have been justified. Ah well, there is always next year! Lets see if we can beat Sunderland at the weekend......

Thoroughly disappointing from an Arsenal point of view. A 2 nil home defeat. But the tie should already be over, and it isn't quite. Bayern dominated that, and I would have thought a 4 nil score line would have easily have been justified. Ah well, there is always next year! Lets see if we can beat Sunderland at the weekend......

Sunderland aint gonna be easy either!! They are on a bit of a roll...

10 men no chance two pens both missed sending off right as last man , bayern are the team to beat even with eleven would have been hard but two away goals ,could have been more another pen roy? did not see that damage limitation in germany but game set and match to the germans top team top manager and some of the best players in europe , also have to agree about jack he does give the ball away to much at present , but still young the squad is light we know that and we are as far away as ever from winning this comp oh well always next year fingers crossed

That will put this thread quiet for a while.

BAYERN,BAYERN,BAYERN,BAYERN.

beaten by the reigning euro champs no disgrace in that but we still support the Arsenal why would we be quiet sss? no like yourself who dissapears for weeks then turn up when things start to look better for the spuds

Sunderland aint gonna be easy either!! They are on a bit of a roll...

so are you roy sausage one this morning ?

Rob, you're right. In fact no easy games now. The bottom is so tight (did I just say that). Plus points for Arsenal are that they are at home, and Sunderlands following game is the League cup final, so will they have one eye on that? I was only thinking the other day that Chelsea were now favourites for the PL as their run in looks easiest on paper. However, reconsidering, the fact that they are mainly playing teams involved in the relegation battle may make it even harder for them! Long way to go....

Rob, you're right. In fact no easy games now. The bottom is so tight (did I just say that). Plus points for Arsenal are that they are at home, and Sunderlands following game is the League cup final, so will they have one eye on that? I was only thinking the other day that Chelsea were now favourites for the PL as their run in looks easiest on paper. However, reconsidering, the fact that they are mainly playing teams involved in the relegation battle may make it even harder for them! Long way to go....

oh matron

Looked at the stats. Bayern had 79% possession in the 90 mins, and managed 5 attempts on target to Arsenal's 4. Admittedly they had 26 attempts off target, but that is poor from what is Europe's "best", considering they played in and around Arsenal's penalty area for most of the second half!!

Quiet? Who shook your fuccking cage?

Are the administrators going to allow this sort of post ?

Make a complaint and they will delete it and tell me off I guess. Or stop me posting? Not sure. It's banter, but I can understand offence being taken. Apologies.

Dont apologise,Mangle.Bring it on.

If they dont like it,dont read it.

Stats, stats and stats, and the score was mangle ? :yahoo:

YOU KNOW WHAT THE GOONS ARE LIKE.TRY TO COVER UP DEFEAT,WITH STATS AND BULL££££.THEY HAVE HAD PLENTY OF PRACTICE. I think mangle was saying that with all the stats in bayerns favour it should have been more against 10 men for such a long period ,but we defended really well for along period bayern in the league in21 games this season have not lost a game and in the50 games since we beat them last season they have only lost twice more stats for you spud pickers so no disgrace to lose to one of the top sides in Europe and a really big ask to beat them but who knows

Stats, stats and stats, and the score was mangle ? :yahoo:

YOU KNOW WHAT THE GOONS ARE LIKE.TRY TO COVER UP DEFEAT,WITH STATS AND BULL££££.THEY HAVE HAD PLENTY OF PRACTICE.shouting SSS you better sit down before you blow a gasket people of a certain age shouldn't get to excited it will only end in tears or worse complete meltdown

That was the point I was making. The stats are usually the other way around for Arsenal, they usually dominate possession, more passes etc etc, and lose. Most important stat is the goals. You are quite right. However, my feeling is that Bayern players were not going mental with joy in the changing room after that game. Over a half against ten men, they played excellent tippy tappy football around despairing Arsenal legs, but only got 2 goals. Should have killed the tie off, but they didn't.

That was the point I was making. The stats are usually the other way around for Arsenal, they usually dominate possession, more passes etc etc, and lose. Most important stat is the goals. You are quite right. However, my feeling is that Bayern players were not going mental with joy in the changing room after that game. Over a half against ten men, they played excellent tippy tappy football around despairing Arsenal legs, but only got 2 goals. Should have killed the tie off, but they didn't.

Killed the tie off?? You have to go to germany and score 3 without conceeding,im not sure that you can play that openly and not conceed again. They score 1 and you have to get 4.

Didnt Chelsea beat barca in the nou camp with 10 men a couple of seasons ago?

Unless my memory is failing me, I think you might find they can afford to concede one if they manage to bag three themselves. A 3-1 win would take Arsenal through on the away goals rule.

The same thing applies to us in Barcelona, of course. Not that I can actually see it happening, unfortunately, but it is at least possible in theory!

:wacko: