Cornwall Football Forum

Is it True???

Guest Chris B

Guest Helston Patriot

I heard the most stupid thing at work the other day, Is it true that Culdrose 1st's CHARGE a player £25 to sign on??

I've never heard of a fee that high! Surely some one can confirm or deny this rumour....

And by the way yes i do work! And no i'm not thinking of signing... EVER!!!! :D

Forgot to mention that they get a boot bag and bottle!! (probably got them free from the navy!!)

Guest Helston Patriot

It was a Navy guy that told me about the charges, it applies to all apparently not just the odd civvies playing... I will ask george but our paths hardly cross!

Mac, That is outrageous!!!! £60!!

Guest Helston Patriot

Just found out off a player that it cost £25, you get a bag 'n' stuff and some free beer at footy doo-s.

Any other club have signing on costs like that???

Chris, It's not like you to try shitstirring!!!!! :D:D The £25 gets you a years membership to the club a kit bag with the seahawk badge embroidered on, T-shirt with badge, water bottle and boot bag. To be honest mate apart from the fact everyone now has the same bag and it can be a pain in the arse finding your kit its a pretty good deal considering membership for the year is included too.

Anyway not all of us get little envelopes after a game to help pay for our beer so personal contributions are necesary!!!!!!

Guest Helston Patriot

neither do we mate, we've had tp pay for all our kit... I can assure you there are no little brown envelopes!!!

Wasn't shittstirring at all mate, if you read the first post i said " can someone confirm or deny this rumour". I Wanted the FACTS, never once shitstired mate.. So mr pitt there was no need to get narky!!

Sounds liike a good deal.... OR you could Just play for the Navy and you get given it all!!! :P

At Polperro we charge £25 membership plus £4 a game subs. Once we get the sponsored training tops sorted they should be part of the membership.

The fact is that with insurance, league fees (EC & Duchy leagues), junior & senior affiliation fees and the like we need the membership fee. Then add to that ref fees of £25 plus mileage per game senior £18 plus mileage junior, washing of the kits each week, water & electric bills and getting the pitch cut on a regular basis we need to charge subs as well.

We do get some rent from our sponsorship boards and make money from the club bar after games, but we also have the food to buy to give the teams after each home game.

This is just part and parcel of running a club without big backers, and it's also through a lot of effort & good will from the people giving up their time to make it happen for everyone at the club, which is sometimes taken for granted.

Chris,

You require confirmation I believe on whether our players are charge membership to play. Well here it is!

When we took over the club 18 months ago we had 1 team that was primarily by one or two individuals via the Sports Centre. Since then we have worked hard to ensure that the club has it's own status as a Football Club. We have had an independent committee and area self sufficent fund seperate from the sports centre.

We have established FA Charter Standard and are now fully linked to the Youth Club (although both are separately funded and run).

As a Service Sports Club we are restricted to areas of possible sponsorship and therefore are limited in what we can provide the players. Contrary to popular belief we do not receive all kit free from Naval Stores and have a written agreement between myself as chairman and the PT Officer on essential equipment the Navy are to provide. This consists of team strips (not required for reserves as we won the league), both training equipment and match balls.

All extra team wear including training tops etc have to be funded by the club.

At the AGM in June it was proposed and voted in that all playing members would pay a membership fee of £25 this would give them the following;

1. RNAS Culdrose F.C. emroidered Sports Holdall in club colours.

2. RNAS Culdrose Training T shirt in Club Colours

3. Boot Bag

4. Water Bottle

5. Guaranteed FA coaching (currently by the NAVY U21 coach, UEFA B licenced)

6. subsidised ticket price to end of season Presentation Evening.

As most players were present at the AGM they would therefore have had a chance to vote on this membership. The fact that they voted it in was a massive boost to the club as it showed they had the same commitment and desire in seeing that the club maintains it's newly aquired independence and also that they were happy and proud to be playing for the club.

It is frustrating that many players based at Culdrose feel it necessary to play for other club's. I understand that there are a number of local lads like yourself who will quite rightly play for their local clubs adn also those who play at a higher level, I also realise that historically Culdrose was not as easily accesible to 'younger' talented players shall we say. We have worked hard to address this.

The cost of the Membership pack came to £17.48 pence and all members are charged the same leaving a £7.52 profit. We purchased 100 packs in advance having been loaned the money by the RNAS Culdrose Welfare Fund (your squadron representative would have been present and voted on your behalf).

All non-playing members are charged £12.50 and recieve a club polo shirt and again a discounted ticket price to the end of season do.

Last season the 1st team did not pay subs but the reserves did. This is because the First team were given an allowance for food by the Sports Centre. We felt it unfair that one team should pay subs and the other not.

In accordance with the good conduct and practice guidelines required to achieve the FA Charter Standard, we have an Official Club Constitution which is passed yearly at the AGM. The Constitution is easily accesible on the RNAS Culdrose Intranet via the Sports Centre link, there has been notices on both the Sentinal (Weekly Orders) as well as the Intranet Noticeboard giving details of the membership scheme.

All monies made by the club is invested in the players throughout the year. I am amazed as a serving member working at Culdrose you have not read the Sentinel, looked at the Noticeboard, website or minutes of your Welfare fund's meetings?

I hope this is enough information. If you require anymore or wish to apply for non-playing membership the forms are on the website or contact me via ATC.

For the gentleman who mentioned the Youth Football Club, I believe the fee is £42 this year. My two kids have just started and I amazed to see over 300 kids all training at the same time in a structured manner by over 25 FA Qualified coaches. The Youth Football Club is used on numerous occasions by Mr Phil Cardew at the CCFA as an example of those wishing to apply for FA community Club status and are linked with both ourselves and Mullion FC as well as with I believe the Manchester United Academy!

regards,

Scooby Plenty

RNAS Culdrose FC Chairman

Guest Helston Patriot

THanks for that scooby, sounds like Culdrose F.C is making steps in the right direction. :thumbsup:

Quote;

"All monies made by the club is invested in the players throughout the year. I am amazed as a serving member working at Culdrose you have not read the Sentinel, looked at the Noticeboard, website or minutes of your Welfare fund's meetings?"

I'm still on leave, I had 7 weeks off over summer, then moved SQn's (2weeks) and am now on a further 3 weeks off so unfortunately i haven't had the time to read them all. However i have been on The Culdrose FC Intranet site!!!

Best of luck for the season Scooby and George (heard you were robbed by port!!!)

Guest postman pat

scooby its nice to come on here and read such a passionate posting you have written about your club.with that sort of passion your club is only going in one direction :clapper: the only way to run any sucsessfull club is to be organised off the field.keep up the good work :c: :yahoo:

I'm still on leave, I had 7 weeks off over summer, then moved SQn's (2weeks) and am now on a further 3 weeks off

Bloody Hell!! No wonder your football's up to scratch HP - with that much time off there's not much else to do except kick a ball about or :drink: