Cornwall Football Forum

Most goals in a SNR game?

Guest Chris B

Guest Helston Patriot

Just was wondering, how many is the most goals that one player has score in a SNR game? I know REG PEARSON has scored 7 in one combo match...

Anyone know of better????????

Guest Damian Stevens

i can match the 7 in one game back in a combo game for Falmouth Town against Marazion in 14-0 win back in 1992 ish !

dont know myself if more than 7 scored in a game , sure some ' stats people ' out there can help.

hi kev,just switched on mate!!! good timing!!! the best in a senior game for me was 7 as well.bout 3 times i think? last one v ludgvan for perranwell a few years ago. know blazey beat someone 10-0 and swiggsy had 8 of them about 15 years ago?deacs might be your man on that?my best is 8 in a vets game v downderry,13 in the sunday league v culdrose and 22 in youth football.we won 26-0!!! bit quicker in those days kev!!!!

Guest Damian Stevens

Cheers Stig !!!!

i must admit i do limit my runs forward from midfield these days as it does take me a while to get back , not quite 7 hours maybe 7 minutes tho !!

good luck with the toe injury for your return this weekend .

maybe we can see how long it takes for Damo to cover the pitch at Penryn during his charity @ Penryn this weekend.

I think 7 minutes maybe lenient i actually would put at least ten minutes on it these days.

NOVEMBER 2002

A league match in Madagascar has produced a result that has to be a new world record.

Newly-crowned Madagascan champions AS Adema thrashed their arch-rivals Stade Olympique I'Emyrne 149-0 in a top national league game.

But it was not their outstanding skill that led to the outlandish scoreline.

It was because Olympique deliberately scored one own goal after another in protest over a refereeing decision.

Radio Madagascar reported that Olympique began banging the ball into their own net after their coach Ratsimandresy Ratsarazaka lost his temper with the referee.

No contest

Fans told the station that after the row between coach and official at Adema's home ground in the port of Toamasina, the visitors directed each kick-off directly towards their own goal.

Adema's players simply stood around looking bemused as their opponents self-destructed.

The presenter claimed the result was a new world record score in a first class match.

Olympique were last year's Malagasy champions who were a surprise qualifier for the second round of the African Champions League this season.

Adema clinched the Malagasy title last weekend.

hi kev,just switched on mate!!! good timing!!! the best in a senior game for me was 7 as well.bout 3 times i think? last one v ludgvan for perranwell a few years ago. know blazey beat someone 10-0 and swiggsy had 8 of them about 15 years ago?deacs might be your man on that?my best is 8 in a vets game v downderry,13 in the sunday league v culdrose and 22 in youth football.we won 26-0!!! bit quicker in those days kev!!!!

Mark- from memory did Bradley Swiggs score his 8 down at Penlee Park v Penzance ,I could be completely wrong but something is telling me.

Pidge" will be on soon and finalise the whole of Cornwall.

I am back on the Treliske transport run now(been off for 7 weeks with busted arm) I will look out for you.

i can match the 7 in one game back in a combo game for Falmouth Town against Marazion in 14-0 win back in 1992 ish !

dont know myself if more than 7 scored in a game , sure some ' stats people ' out there can help.

I will add that to Falmouth Record list Damian

1993-94 JCCL Falmouth Town Res. 14 Marazion Blues 0 Damian Stevens 7

1958-59 CSC Mullion 2 Falmouth Town 10 George Willis 7

16-8-72 SWL Falmouth Town 8 Torpoint Athletic 1 Fred Yorke 7