Cornwall Football Forum

St Austell Looking for new gaffer?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

None support of Chairman on football matters, As mentioned before the first team comes first, First team manager should always be supported in that role, It wouldn't happen with Trevor Mewton or Alan Carey, I think the supporters have been let down by losing Dan, Mark Clust all ready gone, I think our Chairman made a poor mistake, We have also lost Dan as a player, I'm not here to slate anyone, but sometimes you have to stand up and be counted, sorry Coops, but St Austell IS a South Western league Club, we actually look like we could do something in the league, First time for quite a while, Dan must be gutted

None support of Chairman on football matters, As mentioned before the first team comes first, First team manager should always be supported in that role, It wouldn't happen with Trevor Mewton or Alan Carey, I think the supporters have been let down by losing Dan, Mark Clust all ready gone, I think our Chairman made a poor mistake, We have also lost Dan as a player, I'm not here to slate anyone, but sometimes you have to stand up and be counted, sorry Coops, but St Austell IS a South Western league Club, we actually look like we could do something in the league, First time for quite a while, Dan must be gutted

Do you know what the lack of support was over?

So many people with their own opinions on here that hide behind names ... There are always 2 sides to every story ... Yes Nanks is a big loss for the club but Afc St Austell will build on what has been started I am sure of that .... Both teams for the club and the youth team always get backed 100 percent by the commitee and the chairman who always work hard to keep the club moving onwards and upwards

I for one think it's a fantastic appointment! As someone who has watched virtually all of St Austells' games this season, personally I don't think that Dan was the manager to take the club to the top of the table! Good luck Phil ! Couple of cups will be ok for this season!

Treemendous!! just a concerned fan that likes to play in the band, (yes St Austell) we all have our opinions, I have watched and supported Cornish football for many years, I have seen them come and I have seen them go, in MY opinion, I felt that Dan was a good prospect and being local, showed plenty of commitment, let's hope the club continues to go forward, good luck Phil

Top fella, always had a good relationship with Lafs, since way back when he played for Newquay, he was crudely taken out of the game by the Hungarian Buszacky of Argyles supposed 3rd team in the last season of the old SWL. Lafs had his Achilles tendon sliced through, no contact from PAFC afterwards to see how he was, perhaps they knew he is an Exeter lad.

That was last week Fatboy 123, but what do I know, I only been involved with county football for 35 years, but as some people think, I'm a idiot!! not sure who's the IDIOT!!!!, Idiots.

Tell everyone who 'Bugle Boy' is then. Your a so called "fan" of St Austell but the only comments from you ive seen are negative ones about the club. How about you support the club and the decisions they have made, turn up on a Saturday like everyone else to watch a game and leave it at that. If i prove to be a dissapointment at St Austell then I will hold my hands up, but I dont really need people like you saying negative things before ive even played a game.

That was last week Fatboy 123, but what do I know, I only been involved with county football for 35 years, but as some people think, I'm a idiot!! not sure who's the IDIOT!!!!, Idiots.

Tell everyone who 'Bugle Boy' is then. Your a so called "fan" of St Austell but the only comments from you ive seen are negative ones about the club. How about you support the club and the decisions they have made, turn up on a Saturday like everyone else to watch a game and leave it at that. If i prove to be a dissapointment at St Austell then I will hold my hands up, but I dont really need people like you saying negative things before ive even played a game.

I'm sure 99% of the fans are delighted you have signed ricks. Especially with the start you have had out the G.

There is always one or two who wont be and you'll prove them wrong.

#COMEONTOWN :thumbsup:

I'm not to sure why a lot of people come on here and knock town, ! A club with ambition and are doing everything right, on and off the pitch to achieve that ambition.

'Bugle boy' having played up front with Carl for 7-8 years, I think it's a great signing for them, and 1 I no Laffs has been wanting to sign.

Carl's a goal scorer, he doesn't even have to play perticually well in a game but he is the type of striker who will get you a goal out of nothing, as he's proved at godolphin.

Before coming on here and making comments about him, go watch town, and watch him prove you wrong.

John perryman also stated in a previous topic that Carl wouldn't score goals against the big clubs in the league, and he's proved him wrong, like I feel he could prove you wrong, evidence of that is him being the leagues 4th top scorer, in such a short period of time in the prem league.

Good luck to him and good luck to all involved at St Austell