Cornwall Football Forum

St Austell Looking for new gaffer?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest johnperryman777

A complete and utter shambles the chairman has got a lot of explaining to do dan has done a great job and built a good side I hope they will reconsider and not accept the resignation and any problems can be resolved

John Perryman who are you? Ive never seen you at a game, yet you come on here and comment on St Austell like you own Poltair Park. Also, you said you were around "in the bad days when nobody else was" again, i didnt see you during those times. How on earth can you comment on the Chairman when you have absolutely no idea about what went on or the circumstances surrounding it?

The chairman of the club is a fantastic bloke who puts himself out depsite having a young family and getting little or no thanks at all, seeing as you have so many opinions on the club why dont you do the job? just because 2 people have a disagreement doesnt make either to blame, somethimes things just come to an end.

Dan Nancarrow did a great job and is a very good friend of mine but dont come on here and complain about something you have no idea about.

The club will still go forward and continue to do well and everyone wishes Dan nothing but the best of luck.

Guest johnperryman777

believe me i have been coming to watch st austell before you were probably born mr knighter. I am just mistified as to how this was allowed to happen you mention your good friends with the chairman so is that a sort of job application you done a half decent job with the second team.

JP

No not at all, Im very happy on the golf course thanks. And yes Jimmy is a friend but I have known Dan for a very long time, that isnt my point at all, my point is you cannot comment on something and say it is a "shambles" when clealry the full facts are not known. As a supporter you should realise that just makes the club look bad.

As i have said, in life, sometimes things just come to an end through nobodys fault just a natural progression, in this case clearly Dan has felt the need to call it a day and of course that is sad, doesnt make it a shambles.

Im sure the club will keep going and continue its success of recent years.

Guest johnperryman777

ok shambles is probably a bit strong. your right I dont know the facts just hope that everything is resolved as soon as possible and the new manager will be on board soon

Guest johnperryman777

managers to consider

Darren Gilbert

Glyn Hooper

Glyn rowett ( bring back the senior cup manager)

L cooper from launceston

lee hodges

kelvin hunkin

trevor mewton

with the resources available and the club well run dont go for easy options please ( on behalf of the fans ) either of the above will do there is no other options

He wouldn't go there buddy, just annoys me when the so "good" good managers get mentioned all the time, tbh r they good? They go with the money and last a few seasons! Where the Martin, reg, beer, Southys show good commitment and I believe r good at what they do etc.

Anyway, Martin for the job lol

I'm very saddened to hear that Dan has resigned as St Austell manager. We must respect the reasons for his decision. A manager's job is highly accountable to club officials, players, supporters and also the media. Consequently this brings a lot of pressure and stress especially when the team is achieving well I would like to pay tribute to Dan for the superb job he has done in moving the club forwards upto a superb 4th place last season, the quality football the team has played on numerous occasions and the excellent signings he has made. He is a most pleasant young man who has given his best for the club. Good luck Dan and thanks.

Why would Darren. Gilbert leave Bodmin to go to st Austell and why would lee cooper they have both got brilliant squads great set ups . St Austell set up is awfull probably the worst pitch in the league . But to think they would just get up and leave to go st Austell is a joke lol

St.austell set up is awful - really...!! Obviously not a clue with what has happened over the past 10years or so at this club

Best of luck Daniel, great job done over the last 18 months.

I am sure there will be some interesting names thrown into the hat over the coming days, the club is in good hands and who ever they bring on board will inherit a good squad that is more than capable of finishing again in the top 4.

Good luck to all at St Austell

Why would Darren. Gilbert leave Bodmin to go to st Austell and why would lee cooper they have both got brilliant squads great set ups . St Austell set up is awfull probably the worst pitch in the league . But to think they would just get up and leave to go st Austell is a joke lol

St.austell set up is awful - really...!! Obviously not a clue with what has happened over the past 10years or so at this club

Got no idea has he of the all the hard work done and progress made. Where's he been for the last 6 years ?

big shame Dan has felt that he has had to resign from a side he was building, something dosent seem right, has the team moved forward on the pitch quicker than the club of the pitch, would like to know the reason why, let's hope the new players Dan brought in stays, heard that Camelford has put 7 days in for Mark C, not good

Obviously the second team is there to support the first team, Both teams seem to be doing well, have watched both over the past couple of years and both play a good standard, Be a big shame if it's first against seconds, that don't work, like it or lump it, first's comes first. The club looked in good shape on the field. It will all come out for sure, good luck Daniel, you have done yourself and the club well over the years, hope it doesn't fall apart

Blimey nemesis, that abit of criticism towards Mr.carey! I thought he was in it for the long haul at newquay & wanted to use the young local lads!? Will take time to re-build, only been there 3 months. Pressume the guys from Plymouth moved on due to financial reasons

Perhaps you're right !

He wouldn't go there buddy, just annoys me when the so "good" good managers get mentioned all the time, tbh r they good? They go with the money and last a few seasons! Where the Martin, reg, beer, Southys show good commitment and I believe r good at what they do etc.

Anyway, Martin for the job lol

Good point, I reckon. You don't have to be a big name to do a bloody good job. Penzance have a new manager who doesn't get mentioned in the forums or the local press all the time, but what we've seen so far has been very encouraging.

Anyway, good luck to St Austell. It's great to see how far they have come after nearly folding a few years ago.

Obviously the second team is there to support the first team, Both teams seem to be doing well, have watched both over the past couple of years and both play a good standard, Be a big shame if it's first against seconds, that don't work, like it or lump it, first's comes first. The club looked in good shape on the field. It will all come out for sure, good luck Daniel, you have done yourself and the club well over the years, hope it doesn't fall apart

As far as I can recall since the 2nds have been in the higher leagues of the duchy and now into ECPL they have and will always accomodate for players that need match fitness and game time when able and have done so on numerous occasions whether it was a benefit or not to them. The whole idea of running like a club in practice

I agree united rhino, Dan has turned St Austell into a league challenging side, but I've heard more rumblings about players leaving, has anybody heard what the reason for Dan to quit? I think we should be more concerned about the reason rather than putting names forward to take over, I again raise my earlier point about club moving forward on the pitch and perhaps struggling of the pitch, I noticed in programme that the club are asking for more volunteers/committee, It's hard to rely on the same numbers all the time, but you would think people/supporters would be glad to help out when the club is doing well on the pitch, wish I had more time to help, but work gets in the way!!!

As I said to Alan Carey, I don't care who plays for Newquay or who the Manager is come to that, as long as Newquay remain in the black and the club as a whole shows progress. I fully understand players who have work or family commitments wanting to stay local, thanks for your efforts during what has been a difficult season so far.

As for St Austell, it is a big job, with 'big name' players and probably a budget to match. It does seem strange that a Manager would quit midway through a season when the side appear to be doing well, I like everyone else would love to know the reason, Nanks would have thought long and hard about it, but we will probably never know, it is a private matter between him and the club after all, doesn't stop everyone wondering though.

I agree Kelvin, Dan has shown true profresionalism by not slating the reason, but a statement from the club would also show the same, not even a statement on there OWN website, not very professional at all, we true supporters are in the dark to why we have lost our best manager we have had for a while, I will say it again, It just don't add up!!!

Bugleboy not that I'm questioning your alliance, but I notice your new to the forum, claiming & you probably are a town fan, however you can understand why Kelvin, nanks etc haven't yet commented yet on here about it. You could be a rival manager, player or a member of the club that wants to stir the pot. I doubt this is correct but with you being new to the site at the time of the departure you can see why I might of come up with this theory! I would imagen more to be said in the local paper.this.week maybe?

Leedsunited, Have no fear mate, I am not a rival manager or a club member that wants to stir up anything, just coming back in to local football, serviced my time as they say, Yes I do follow Town, but timing is coincidental, Frustrating when town are doing so well, you are probably right, local rags will no more than us supporters. Thought for a young exciting manager, (not the usual list as above) coming in the game gave the league a much needed lift, years of Bodmin/St Blazey domination, St Austell actually look like genuine title contenders, perhaps I was getting to excited.