Cornwall Football Forum

Post Combo Results For 8th September Here Please

Please post your Combo results for today on this thread if you can.

SATURDAY 8TH SEPTEMBER

HOLMAN SC V HAYLE RESERVES

ILLOGAN RBL V PENZANCE RESERVES

MULLION V FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES

PERRANPORTH V HELSTON ATHLETIC

PERRANWELL V NEWQUAY RESERVES

RNAS CULDROSE V TRURO CITY RESERVES

ST AGNES V LUDGVAN

ST DAY V WENDRON CC UNITED RESERVES

ST IVES TOWN V PORTHLEVEN RESERVES

ST JUST V PENRYN ATHLETIC RESERVES

Good luck to all teams today. It looks like another dry Saturday for some open play and plenty of goals.

By the way it's still not too late to join the Combo Prediction League. Just find the thread and have a go. You have until 1pm today when I will print them off.

St.Ives 0 - 7 Porthleven

2 penalties against st.ives, 1 was never!! a player sent off for st.ives early in the 2nd half, many porthleven players were a little theatrical shall we say, and if you thought st.ives language was bad then what would porthlevens be!!

did the 1st team at porthleven have a game today aswell!!

nonetheless porthleven WERE the better team today easily!!

Illogan RBL 6-1 Penzance Reserves

1-0 8mins

2-0 31mins

3-0 37mins

4-0 57mins

5-0 62mins

5-1 69mins

6-1 82mins

One booking Ralph Bean 37mins.

Head count 36 (including 7 from PZ)

PZ so short of players we had Norman Wood our manager in goal and he's 52. The rest of the team averaged 16-17 years old. Shouldn't be happening to a club as big as PZ.

7 games, 7 defeats. Bring on Falmouth Tuesday night! :thumbsup:

Perranwell 2 Newquay 1

Failed to capitalise on the absence of Perranwell's star performer, John Blundell. (Surely the best player in this league - discuss....)

Newquay were dominant first half and played all the football. Luke Wheldon volleyed the opening goal...then keeper and centre half confused each other on the stroke of half time - keeper came out to clear a long ball....defender headed over keeper and striker walked in an undeserved equaliser.

Second half was more balanced but we were shell shocked by a late header that gave Perranwell all three points.

Not sure how we came away with nothing. It doesnt get any easier - Helston next.

Probably the best Newquay have played first half....can anyone tell me what happended !

Ok thanks for that, Dunno what link i was looking at before you posted that but it had no input on it at all?

Sorry was looking in the wrong place!

Helston Patriot: Porthleven should now move up 1 place in the table, (I think?) See helston are playing pretty awesome at the minute, cant wait to see them play, Probably have to wait till Dec 1st now when you come down Gala Parc.

St Day 4-1 Wendron

saints 2-0 up at half time through leon massey, second half wendron scored direct from free kick, saints replied through scott jones with a piledriver fron 12 yards, and to finish the scoring lee dufield after a mix up in the wenron defence.

all in all saints deserved the win, even with players missing through injury or unavailability, nonetheless a well deserved win.

:drink: :drink:

See helston are playing pretty awesome at the minute, cant wait to see them play, Probably have to wait till Dec 1st now when you come down Gala Parc.

You're in for a treat Paps they played brilliantly today and have a great team - a credit to Winno. The better team definately won today. We had our chances but just couldn't finish.

PPORTH 1 - HELSTON 5

ANOTHER WIN FOR HELSTON THATS 7 OUT OF 7 AND IS BEYOND MY DREAMS AS A START AS A SENIOR MANAGER.( FEW JEALOUS PEOPLE OUT THERE NO DOUBT!!!!!!!!!!)

GREAT RESULT FOR US AGAINST A REALLY SPIRITED PERRAN SIDE AS YOU WOULD EXPECT.

ALL I CAN SAY IS I FEEL A FEW PEOPLE WHOM I KNOW PERSONALLY HAVE KNOCKED ME , MY ASSISTANTS AND MY SIDE !!!

WELL THEY ARE EATING THERE WORDS AT PRESENT AND ALL I CAN SAY IS CREDIT TO ALL AT HELSTON FOOTBALL CLUB.

WE HAVENT GOT ANY PLAYERS IN LEAGUES ABOVE TO DROP DOWN TO CALL ON AND THE SQUAD WE HAVE AT PRESENT IS TOP NOTCH. KEEP IT UP ALL AT HELSTON FC. THE FUTURE IS BRIGHT. BUT AS IVE SAID BEFORE WE TAKE 1 GAME AT A TIME AND WILL TAKE THE UPS WITH THE DOWNS

GET IN FELLAS IM CHUFFED TO BITS 1 GAME AT A TIME

LOTS OF SILLY PEOPLE ON HERE WILL TRY AND STIR THINGS UP BUT LETS KEEP IT GOIN HELSTON WE HAVE NOT GOT TO WORRY ABOUT ANYONE APART FROM OURSELVES!!!!

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Final results for 8th September

Holmans 10-0 Hayle Reserves

Illogan RBL 6-1 Penzance Reserves

Mullion 0-3 Falmouth Town Reserves

Perranporth 1-5 Helston Athletic

Perranwell 2-1 Newquay Reserves

RNAS Culdrose 1-5 Truro City Reserves

St Agnes 4-0 Ludgvan

St Day 4-1 Wendron CC United Reserves

St Ives Town 0-7 Porthleven Reserves

St Just 1-2 Penryn Athletic Reserves

If you read the Indy today you will see the problems us stattos have.

Under the match scores they have St Agnes 4-5 Ludgvan and under the match reports they have Mullion 7 Falmouth 3. So don't believe everything you read!

Here are some pics i took at the Penzance reserves v Illogan reserves where Pz lost 6-1 :( click on image to get a better look.

Illogan putting thier attacks onto us hard and fast.

1st shot on goal where Pz reserves Manager Norman Wood had to fill goalies post due to our other goalies -more thn one- have other commitments to fulfill.

HOLMANS 10-0 HAYLE RES

No rumour we got hammered 10-0, swings and roundabouts of second team football 10 oclock saturday morning i was happy with squad and looking forward to game 2oclock still stuck at Hayle waiting to see who first team wanted worse the preperation possible.

We went one down to Andy Trathen goal in first 5 min and didnt look good but the players sorted themselves out and we played quite well up to 6 min before halftime and only 1 down i was happy, then suddenly it was 4 and game over.

Second half much the same Holmans just walked all over us loosing by 10 was embarrising, Holmans finnishing was good but we had good enough players and should never loose by 10 whoever we play, so well done Holmans.

Lessons learned i hope, and put it right next week against Mullion.

! bugger about goal differance though ! just as we got it looking better from the Illogan game.

FOOTBALL ITS A FUNNY OLD GAME :(:(:(:(:( :(

Weeman, you're finding out about being a senior club but a reserves team.

Same problem at Pz. Team sorted out by Friday night but come Saturday lunch-time all those carefully worked out formations and tactics are out the window as the first team call on you for players. Even Norman our manager had to play in goal against Illogan. Once he fell on the floor it took him 30secs to get back up by which time we had picked the ball out from the back of the net and kicked off again!

Sorry Norm only mucking about.

Swings & roundabouts as a 2nd team Alex m8. We're very lucky to have Mike Davis in our squad at the moment coming back from injury & although he still only 85% fit, in combo, he is a handfull ! Ask local boy ?

Big thing for a reserve side is, your 1st team having a settled squad & your 1st team manager sparing a thought for the 2nds & not just taking your better players just to sit on the bench !

On numerous occasions last season, Gary Marks put himself on the bench rather than take players from us allowing us to win the FHFL & return to senior football.

I know there will be times throughout the season when he will need to take players from me & i wont be able to put out the team that i would like but, i think that we have a good enough squad to cover that eventuallity.

Chin up Alex m8, take it out on your opponents on saturday. :thumbsup:

IT SHOULD BE A LITTLE EASIER FOR YOU GUYS. BRINING PLAYERS IN AND OUT AS YOU HAVE 2 SENIOR SIDES. TRYING TO DROP PLAYERS DOWN INTO THE 2NDS FOR A RUN IS A NIGHT MARE FOR ME WITH THIS STUPID REINSTATEMENT RULE FROM SENIOR TO JUNIOR FOOTIE. YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO SEND PLAYERS DOWN FOR FITNESS ETC BUT THEY SHOULD STAY FOR LETS SAY 3 GAMES....

Same problem last season m8, the rule is an ass. If you sign for a club you should be able to represent that club at whatever level or league they are in !

Money Money Money !!!!!

Keep up the good work in there Si m8. You are right, you are surprising a lot of people, me included, but i never doubted that providing you got people around you with the same enthusiasm & commitment as you have, then, you would be capable of achieving something. As you say, won nothing yet, but your in the position we all want to be in ! :clapper:

Swings & roundabouts as a 2nd team Alex m8. We're very lucky to have Mike Davis in our squad at the moment coming back from injury & although he still only 85% fit, in combo, he is a handfull ! Ask local boy ?

he looked fit to me on the weekend, and only one handful??

you deserved the win though easily!!

good luck for the season kev, good group of lads there!!

Thanks for that Kev and Teddyboy i can accept losing and know we going to have it hard in games just coming out of junior football, its being slaughtered by 10 and 8, you realise how much you depend on certain players in certain positions when you lose them. With nobody coming the other way, got good relationship with Colin first team manager and he had no choice on Saturday after players let him down at last minnute.

On numerous occasions last season, Gary Marks put himself on the bench rather than take players from us allowing us to win the FHFL & return to senior football.

cud that have been because none of your players were good enuff :rolleyes: