Cornwall Football Forum

Combo results and table - Saturday 26th October 2013

Can you post your results, scorers and attendances on this thread please or text me on 07597907549 with any details.

Thanks

Cornwall Combination League

26th October 2013

Ludgvan (Gerens James 6, Mark Richards, Jamie Devine) 8-0 Porthleven Reserves

Att - 55

Newquay Reserves (Nathan Old, Dean Vince, Cameron Bidgood) 3-0 Goonhavern Athletic

Att - 61

Penryn Athletic Reserves (Ross Bowden, Paul Hart) 2-3 St Agnes (Dwayne Britton 2, Mike Burns)

Att - 45

Perranwell (Matthew Lane) 1-1 St Ives Town (Ross Duncan)

Att - 46

Redruth United (Ben Beesley, Ben Widdershoven, OG) 3-0 Falmouth Athletic

Att - 48

St Day (Jordan Adlard, Gavin Boon, Terry Rowe) 3-1 Mullion (Alan Thomas)

Att - 40

St Just (Chris Curnow) 1-3 Illogan RBL (Luke Abbot Smith 2, Sam Waters)

Att - 60

Troon (Joe Day, Ben Holcombe) 2-2 Falmouth Town Reserves (Bryn Wheeler, Alex Ottoway)

Att - 20

Wendron United (Luke Wort 3, Ryan Trathen, Chris Mulroy, Ben Allen) 6-0 Hayle

Att - 35

POS TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS

1 ST DAY 11 10 0 1 51 17 34 30

2 LUDGVAN 12 9 0 3 57 20 37 27

3 ILLOGAN RBL 10 9 0 1 25 10 15 27

4 FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES 16 8 3 5 39 38 1 27

5 WENDRON UNITED 10 8 1 1 45 14 31 25

6 ST JUST 12 8 1 3 36 21 15 25

7 REDRUTH UNITED 12 7 1 4 33 20 13 22

8 ST IVES TOWN 11 6 3 2 30 18 12 21

9 PENRYN ATHLETIC RESERVES 16 6 2 8 33 33 0 20

10 ST AGNES 9 6 1 2 20 13 7 19

11 NEWQUAY RESERVES 16 5 4 7 31 36 -5 19

12 MULLION 12 5 2 5 20 19 1 17

13 HAYLE 14 4 4 6 19 34 -15 16

14 PERRANWELL 11 4 3 4 24 25 -1 15

15 FALMOUTH ATHLETIC 11 2 1 8 12 26 -14 10*

16 RNAS CULDROSE 11 2 2 7 15 38 -23 8

17 TROON 12 1 2 9 14 44 -30 5

18 PORTHLEVEN RESERVES 17 2 0 15 25 63 -38 3°

19 GOONHAVERN ATHLETIC 13 1 0 12 15 55 -40 3

* Plus 3 points °Minus 3 points

Couple of good fixtures this weekend!!!

Tie of the weekend I think will be St Just v Illogan. Two evenly matched teams in the physical department!! Should be a cracker.

St Day v Mullion should be decent game with some good football being played. Mullion needing to bounce back after dropping a few points in the last couple of weeks.

wedron better side scotty our keeper was outstanding kieron and adam played well at the back but we were second best all over the park game finished just in time before the rain came down , did not enjoy some comments today and the ref let alot go and his exscuse for the language that it was not directed at him even when one player told him from about five yards away to go forth and fornicate very disapointed about that and glad when the final whistle was over wendron good team and played good football and deserved the win i enjoy banter but iam having serious thoughts about continueing to be involved in football as if you get no protection from the man in the middle whats the point in bothering giving your time up

wedron better side scotty our keeper was outstanding kieron and adam played well at the back but we were second best all over the park game finished just in time before the rain came down , did not enjoy some comments today and the ref let alot go and his exscuse for the language that it was not directed at him even when one player told him from about five yards away to go forth and fornicate very disapointed about that and glad when the final whistle was over wendron good team and played good football and deserved the win i enjoy banter but iam having serious thoughts about continueing to be involved in football as if you get no protection from the man in the middle whats the point in bothering giving your time up

[steve dont even think about quitting your one of the best linos out there and a top bloke head up and go again next week mate./quote]

Stevieb if a player said that to me Im not going to send him but at least have a word maybe a yellow. I know foul language is a hot topic lately but we do need to be reasonable about this. Just because a word or phrase considered to be foul language is said does not mean that the ref should go straight for the cards but there are times when the ref has no choice.

Stevieb if a player said that to me Im not going to send him but at least have a word maybe a yellow. I know foul language is a hot topic lately but we do need to be reasonable about this. Just because a word or phrase considered to be foul language is said does not mean that the ref should go straight for the cards but there are times when the ref has no choice.

perhaps i am old fashioned then as the fa tries to keep the respect campagne going is it worth the effort , thanks for the support Andy i always try my best but feel a bit aggrieved after this afternoon but maybe after a good nights sleep may feel better sunday not after tonights fishing trip only one bloody whiting to show for 4 hours fishing ,just not my day perhaps past my sell by date maybe time just to watch and not get involved in the game

Chris Curnow scored for St Just. Credit to Illogan for making better use of the wind: not their fault that the game was ruined by the sort of refereeing blooper generally only seen in Cornwall....well, Ray Tinkler's performance in Leeds v WBA almost half a century ago comes to mind for those who remember it......

No disrespect to Illogan's number 10. His only job is to play to whistle and put the ball in the net. :)

Should quit running the line steve. Go back to management. I did and had 70 minutes at left back today haha. Only joking Steve. Half the players or supporters don't even know the laws of the game and then give abuse when decisions are made against them.

paul that cheered me up thinking of you playing 70 mins i would not last 70 seconds , as for managing again no thanks we have done that paul and i dont miss it one bit i know you still enjoy it and i take my hat of to you and ruffy for keeping going still miss you at the club at least you could make me laugh and want to strangle you at the same time all the best mate and hope to catch up soon

Mr. Manning all i'm saying is that the circumstances of when it is said is just as important as the words said. Its about distinguishing between frustration and intention when in both cases the same words are used and even how it is said. That is what I meant by being reasonable about this. There is a danger that referees may get too sensitive and go OTT with red cards every time a foul word is said. Man management in most cases here is, in my opinion, should be tried first maybe getting the captain involved before going for the cards however there will be times when the ref has no choice but to send the offender off.

mrlaw18, I can and do understand players frustration, but if it`s said directly to me it results in a red card and yes we do make mistakes but provided it`s an honest mistake then no problem and should be no recrimination and should not give a player the excuse to use foul/abusive/offensive language to the referee.

As a lawyer I interpret laws all the time. One way of doing this is to apply the letter of the law. This demonstrates certainty of the law and shows respect to the law maker. In most situation this works but sometimes it leads to absurdity. When this occurs you then have to extend you reasoning to why it is law. I don't think the law makers of LOAF wanted players to be sent off every time a player said something offensive but for the referee to use their common sense to decide when and when it is not a red card situation. I'm sorry but if it is said out of frustration, because the mind is not thinking straight, then I am not going straight for my red card but instead managing the situation. It is then up to the player to listen or not. Situations may look the same but the circumstances leading up them makes them different and that is why consistency seems not to exist.

wow i am so impressed, perhaps all those years ago I was the wrong person to take up the whistle, all I ever have done is apply the LOAF as per all the coaching and assessors who have taught me. who by your post do not seem to have given me the correct teachings, blast all those years wasted. By the way I stopped (through age) just short of officiating at football league level, so on reflection perhaps I was officiating correctly.

As an anarchist who read Jurisprudence at Lincoln College, Oxford, the subject referred to in Marlowe's Dr Faustus as suited to "a mercenary drudge" who thinks of nothing but "external trash", I recognise lawmakers for their self-afflatus as they design systems that ensure the world's resources stay in the hands of the same self-interested crooks. Football provides a microcosm of the same nightmare. The concentration on minor breaches of linguistic etiquette reflects, in most cases, a ridiculous diversion from the real problems of the game.

The best referees get off their high horse, recognise that spectators have come to watch the other 22 men, women or Magpies accompanying them on the park and, in the best games, are subtly visible occasionally. Unfortunately too many of them are tiny, self-created mannikins who, quite unjustifiably, adore their creator. Especially in Cornwall, where there has not been much to do in the winter, since the Civil War, but drink and procreate, one or two see Saturday afternoons with the whistle as compensation for their sexual and socio-political shortcomings. Where else can one idiot with a Napoleon complex cause so much human misery merely because he feels like it ?

What is this, Shades of Grey ?

And the FA parasites are rubbing their hands. Every card is cash in the bank. Hotel freebies in Jersey or Qatar with their wife every time we shout F*** Off !

Simples !

Completely agree with MrLaw. A referee should be able to recognise when a player is merely speaking out of frustration/without intention. Knowlesy refereed our game on Saturday and made the game flow ten times more than most do, in terrible conditions I might add, just by speaking to players and allowing players to speak to him. Best refereeing performance i've seen for a while.

just wondering if anyone could clear up for me the ruling for using spin on a long throw-in?

i was at the perranwell vs st ives game at the weekend, where a perranwell player was able to launch the ball into the st ives box and put a lot of pressure on their keeper (and eventually scoring.) The st ives players and management were complaining to the referee about the use of spin on the ball. I've tried to research the rules but have found nothing to suggest that it would be illegal?

D-Man, there is nothing in the LOAF which refer`s to the ball spinning, It states the ball shall be thrown in with both hands and delivered from behind the head, in fact the ball will always spin to some degree due to the airflow over it`s surface, It sounds like people were trying to make Laws` up as they went along.

i think mrlaw is infact a solicitor,

afterall he defends a player that swears directly at a referee,which is infact punished by a red card. And in his line of work he defends the likes of a burglar who enters our private property steals what he likes, and when aprehended asks for 450 other cases to be taken into consideration and mrlaw says thats ok have a 100 hours comunity service.

Is he really the right type of person for either of these jobs?

In my opinion the first gets a red card, and the second gets 10years making both partys realize that it is time to resect other people and their belongings