Cornwall Football Forum

Combination League Results/Table - 12th October 2013

Can you post your results, goal scorers and attendances on this thread please or text me on 07597907549 with any details.

Thanks

Cornwall Combination League

12th October 2013

Falmouth Athletic (Steve Owen, Ross Hayden, Jack Foote) 3-1 Penryn Athletic Reserves (Connor Edgson)

Att - 67

Hayle 0-4 St Day (Ian Hodge 2, Gavin Boon, Terry Rowe)

Att - 55

Ludgvan (Gerens James 3, Liam Devine 2, Gary Matthews) 6-1 Goonhavern Athletic (Curtis Keen)

Att - 50

Newquay Reserves (Tom Barnett) 1-6 St Agnes (Duane Britton 3, Tom Hills, Mike Burn, Dan O'Toole)

Att - 40

Redruth United (Dan McInerney 3, Ben Beesley 2, Joe Ashton, Ben Widdershoven) 7-0 Porthleven Reserves

Att - 42

St Ives Town (Tom Morris, Jack Parton, Curtis Richards, Danny Paynter) 4-2 Mullion (Alan Thomas, Ben Leech)

Att - 32

St Just (Jack Willis 2, Andrew Annis) 3-2 Perranwell (Chris Shackley, Rob Pritchard)

Att - 50

Troon (Justin James) 1-3 Illogan RBL (Steve Abbott-Smith, Sam Fenton, Luke Abbott-Smith)

Att - 30

Wendron United (Luke Wort 2, Ben Allen 2, Jason Roberts 2, Justin Searle, Sam Care, Matt Rose, Steve Brewer) 10-0 RNAS Culdrose

Att - 27

POS TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS

1 ST DAY 9 8 0 1 45 15 30 24

2 ST JUST 10 7 1 2 32 17 15 22

3 FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES 13 7 1 5 30 33 -3 22

4 LUDGVAN 10 7 0 3 47 19 28 21

5 ILLOGAN RBL 8 7 0 1 20 8 12 21

6 WENDRON UNITED 8 6 1 1 37 13 24 19

7 REDRUTH UNITED 10 6 1 3 29 17 12 19

8 ST IVES TOWN 9 5 2 2 25 17 8 17

9 MULLION 10 5 2 3 18 14 4 17

10 PENRYN ATHLETIC RESERVES 13 5 2 6 29 26 3 17

11 ST AGNES 8 5 1 2 17 11 6 16

12 NEWQUAY RESERVES 13 4 3 6 26 33 -7 15

13 HAYLE 12 4 3 5 18 27 -9 15

14 PERRANWELL 9 4 1 4 22 23 -1 13

15 FALMOUTH ATHLETIC 9 2 1 6 11 21 -10 10*

16 TROON 10 1 1 8 11 38 -27 4

17 PORTHLEVEN RESERVES 14 2 0 12 21 45 -24 3°

18 GOONHAVERN ATHLETIC 11 1 0 10 14 49 -35 3

19 RNAS CULDROSE 8 0 2 6 7 33 -26 2

* Plus 3 points °Minus 3 points

Can you post your results, goal scorers and attendances on this thread please or text me on 07597907549 with any details.

Thanks

We have to be on the ball on Saturday evening as Douglas who does the reports for the Sunday paper is unavailable so the paper will be relying on reports and scorers on this thread.

Cornwall Combination League

12th October 2013

Falmouth Athletic v Penryn Athletic Reserves

Att -

Hayle v St Day

Att -

Ludgvan v Goonhavern Athletic

Att -

Newquay Reserves v St Agnes

Att -

Redruth United v Porthleven Reserves

Att -

St Ives Town v Mullion

Att -

St Just v Perranwell

Att -

Troon v Illogan RBL

Att -

Wendron United v RNAS Culdrose

Att -

I trust the paper will be acknowledging the fact Paul 😀

no complaints were beaten by the better side 1-0 inside 3 mins from a corner 2-0 down another corner and another before half time St Day were well drilled in the 1st half and deserved the lead they closed down space and played good football from the back ,second half we were a lot better and pressed St Day and played good football ourselves ,but Days defence held strong and would not be beat and then St Day scored late on when we lost the ball just outside our area which was a shame as we did not deserved to concede in the second half . the youngsters wil learn from this and in my opinion St.Day will be in with a shout for the league along with ludgvan and St.Just as the teams we have played so far well reffed today as it became a little silly at times but common sense prevailed so Colins 1st defeat but the youngsters have come out with a lot of credit in the second half and thank goodness we dont meet a team like St.Day everyweek , great to catch up with Jason after a couple of years and thought he brought some class to St,Days defence [ that means the drinks on you jase at your place ha ha ] so onwards and upwards , downside found ouy today Ben Hocking has a broken metatarsel so will be in a boot for six weeks but to his credit he is dying to get back. so well played St,Day but hope we gave you a game in the second half and we can learn how to compete with the top combo sides

Guest BenTheYeti

Full list

Falmouth Ath 3 Penryn 1

Hayle 0 St Day 4

Ludgvan 6 Goongsvern 1

Newquay 1 St Agnes 6

Redruth 7 Porthleven 0

St Ives 4 Mullion 2

St Just 3 Perranwell 2

Troon 1 Illogan 3

Wendron 10 Culdrose 0

St Ives goalscorer s were Tom Morris, jack Parton, Curtis Richards, Danny Paynter

The Ginger Berbatov! Surprised I haven't heard about it 15 times on Facebook already

Tough day at the office today for us port lads who had 3 players called up to the first team last minute including our keeper so an injured striker who is normally our Lino put the gloves on and kept the score respectable. Luckily the ref delayed kick off for 10mins otherwise we would have started with 9 men but 10 it was. Nathan Roberts was outstanding in the port midfield today. Lots of players out of position today so was always going to be tough. Roll on next sat

Mr Wilson sounds like you want to blame some one else other than yourself for losing today. Yeah sure he probably made mistakes just like 22 plus players on that pitch. No one is perfect. Im sure you probably made mistakes but did you hear the ref have ago at you? Im sure the ref knows were he needs to work on for his game and it sounds like you need to work on your defense!

No disrespect to port, great club, however last season turning up with 9 or 10 players , maybe got out of relagation in the last 4 to 6 weeks thanks to the swpl players maybe helping them stay up, meaning a battling holmans with a full combo team went down, now here we are only 2 months into a new season and only 10 men again? Have to say feel sorry for holmans not having a first team to maybe keep them up , does this not tell the Cornish fa something about loading up?

Mr Wilson sounds like you want to blame some one else other than yourself for losing today. Yeah sure he probably made mistakes just like 22 plus players on that pitch. No one is perfect. Im sure you probably made mistakes but did you hear the ref have ago at you? Im sure the ref knows were he needs to work on for his game and it sounds like you need to work on your defense!

I take it you are either a ref or have been a ref, if you read Scott's comment he said,st Agnes were worthy winners,which they were, they wanted they 3 point. More than us. everyone makes mistakes yes, but when a,player does it it comes with penalty of a,free kick, penalty or a card, when refs make mistakes again it is one if the teams that pay the price. All managers, players and supporters ask for is consistentcy from the officials, for what I have seen so far this season there is none. If anyone was at the game I'd love to hear what you thought.

Lastly congratulations to st Agnes yesterday as always,they were strong and organised good luck for the season lads.

No disrespect to port, great club, however last season turning up with 9 or 10 players , maybe got out of relagation in the last 4 to 6 weeks thanks to the swpl players maybe helping them stay up, meaning a battling holmans with a full combo team went down, now here we are only 2 months into a new season and only 10 men again? Have to say feel sorry for holmans not having a first team to maybe keep them up , does this not tell the Cornish fa something about loading up?

Totally agree with you Mark . Penzance did it for years before finally getting caught out . In recent seasons portleven hayle and I think Newquay only just survived last year but loading up midweek . As you say it's a shame for clubs like holmans who put the same players out every week and end up getting stitched up .

Tough day at the office today for us port lads who had 3 players called up to the first team last minute including our keeper so an injured striker who is normally our Lino put the gloves on and kept the score respectable. Luckily the ref delayed kick off for 10mins otherwise we would have started with 9 men but 10 it was. Nathan Roberts was outstanding in the port midfield today. Lots of players out of position today so was always going to be tough. Roll on next sat

From my understanding Smithy the 1st only took 1 player from the 2nds and it wasn't last minute. who were the other 2 players?

If it true that your First Team only took one player and not three then your Reserve side that played with only 10 players is a far worse condition than I thought.

Where are all their players?

Totally agree with you Mark . Penzance did it for years before finally getting caught out . In recent seasons portleven hayle and I think Newquay only just survived last year but loading up midweek . As you say it's a shame for clubs like holmans who put the same players out every week and end up getting stitched up .

but its all done legally so unless the rules change we have to put up with it and if other clubs end up in the same position will they pull players in?, at present players can sign for several different clubs ,until the ccfa bring in you sign for one club only clubs and players will use the rules to help their clubs

Stevieb

I fail to see how the one club rule would of helped holmans . Newquay portleven and hayle would still have loaded up .

but also teams when swpl finishes can use these players. may have not helped holmans but they seem to be rebuilding and ready to get back into the combo so best of luck to them , you wont have the problem with Hayle as the swpl side was dispanded and the combo is now the 1st team as for Newquay and Port thats for their own clubs to do what is best for them, and to retain combo football for any club is very important

But that is my point really the one club rule would not help clubs who's first team are in combo . Only those who could drop players down from a higher side . I don't know the answer but it needs looking at . For example Redruth stuffed portleven yesterday and if they meet them on a Saturday later in the season they will stuff them again . But if they play midweek against them they will play a different side which creates false results .

Savo fair comment. The point I was trying to make is why do players always complain on here and on the pitch when a ref makes a mistake and you never hear a ref saying how crap a player is? Maybe this should happen...

Do we really want a war of attrition? Surely we should be trying to control players who are abusing the officials, not encouraging Referees to bite back. Players will abuse each other without any help from the man in the middle, and a little more respect for the Ref might just lead to us having enough officials to go 'round each Saturday!

I can remember Holmans combo side 'loading up' with Pool SC players in 1986/1987 season. Whats the difference?

I can remember Holmans combo side 'loading up' with Pool SC players in 1986/1987 season. Whats the difference?

Andy how you doing mate, long time no see! Wasn't really trying to single out port, it's been done for ages by lots of teams, just saying that it needs looking at after so long as it does end up giving false league positions, you are where you are in the league, top or bottom for a reason with the squad available to you every week, not the squad you put out if you have swpl first team that finishes nearly a month before combo league finishes.

Maybe a good solution is drop a large combo league by a couple of teams, increase a small swpl west league by a couple teams so both leagues finish the same time! Oops maybe that's to simple

Andy how you doing mate, long time no see! Wasn't really trying to single out port, it's been done for ages by lots of teams, just saying that it needs looking at after so long as it does end up giving false league positions, you are where you are in the league, top or bottom for a reason with the squad available to you every week, not the squad you put out if you have swpl first team that finishes nearly a month before combo league finishes.

Maybe a good solution is drop a large combo league by a couple of teams, increase a small swpl west league by a couple teams so both leagues finish the same time! Oops maybe that's to simple

Seriously, they load up to ensure their reserve side stays in the combo so they can draw on the players the following season and there is not such a big gulf between the teams.

And the trelawney or old F/H or mining league is/was a difficult league to get out of again!

The Combo league needs big clubs with decent grounds, crying shame about PZ, Pendeen and Marizion for that point, they even had floodlights!

Age old issue - when a club has more than one team - The general idea is to have it run as one club - which would indicate movement between the teams - however the present rules scenario precludes this from happening and drives clubs to develop teams in isolation of each other.-within a club

When combination reserve side ( wording that indicates that they are there to support a higher side) provide players to their respective 1st teams to cover for players that are injured or the multitude of other reasons why they are not available, there is no limit to how many that can play from the lower team

I have not heard anyone on here complain about the fact that they have played a weakened reserve side - only when the sides have been "Loaded" up

I believe that if the players in the "Loaded" side all are registered for that club and play only for that club and meet the rules of the league there should be no complaint.

If however players are brought in from other clubs then that is a different matter - and should not be allowed

These are my thoughts and, currently, I do not have an allegiance to any club

Sounds like another good game at Lafrowda with the Tinners beating the Well 3-2. Wish I could have seen that instead of Forest Green's expensive Conference freefall......

Two pens ....fair result ? :):c:

Well Rodney you didn't miss much I have to say. The result went the right way but what a mess of a game and not, sad to say, helped by the ref who had a strange game, to put it politely.

Tinners went in at half time one up, Andrew Annis scoring a good goal with about 60 seconds to go before the whistle. Apart from that it was a bad tempered half with the air blue with bad language. Second half wasn't much better but the Tinners were the better side and tested the Perranwell keeper a number of times. The keeper kept the score respectable and saved Perranwell's blushes. Jack Willis took his two penalties well but, I think Tinners were a bit lucky with one of them which was not a penalty from where we were standing. In the last 15 minutes Perranwell scored twice through our own casual and slack marking, which set us anxious for the result but, we held out. All in all a game to forget, but, we got the points. Home to Redruth next Saturday, let's hope for a better game and the points for the Tinners again. :yahoo:

Look Kempy, Keith B is back, St Just must have won !!!! :)

Loading up ? Managers are quite selfish and want to win and I'm no different in my time at illogan I used tom smith , phil willey, tim nixon all players from swpl instead of taking from the reserve's who were more than capable players is this right probably not......so my point is anytime anybody playing illogan with these 3 in team wasn't playing the normal illogan team that the league table would reflect....so I dont think I'll be shouting from the rooftops about loading up if you've never done it as a manager fair play to you.

Alright Kempy ! I think your other, red team are in need of a bit of the old Fisher magic ! :)

Time to draft Neil Curnow into that England side and make Mr Potato Head wear Number 9 again !

I have to say Neil Curnow ran the show .... but like your fellow supporter @ St Just you only pipe up when you win !! :)

Alright Kempy ! I think your other, red team are in need of a bit of the old Fisher magic ! :)

Time to draft Neil Curnow into that England side and make Mr Potato Head wear Number 9 again !

I have to say Neil Curnow ran the show .... but like your fellow supporter @ St Just you only pipe up when you win !! :)

Not so kempy - ( I'm assuming that's a side swipe at me) I usually comment on every game I watch - if I'm not there I can't comment. I may cheer a win of course, even if I didn't see the game. :yahoo:

So you missed your home fixture vs Mullion 2-2 and the senior cup away fixture @ Mullion 2-1 defeat ? Only saying .... :c: