Cornwall Football Forum

keeper record !!!

this season so far for carharrack 2nds i have had 7 yes 7 penalties against me but the thing is ive actually saved 6 now could any1 let me know if any1 has bettered this record!!! cause i feel this is very respectful and good for a 22 year old in goal playin with a ripper muscle in his ribs!!!! :c::c::c::drink: :thumbsup:

Guest el nino

I will admit one of those penaltys was my fault! Even though i slipped and my hand landed on the ball(i stopped it going in ^_^ )! LOL

I wont be giving any more pens away this season! Just direct free kicks! :clapper: :)

lol yeh i just seem 2 b able 2 read the kick taker or im damn lucky lol!!!! i used 2 play for 4 lanes saved 5 outta 5 in 3 seasons so i must just be good at saving them and im also pretty handy at taking them scored a few in my time lol!!! well its clicky at carharrack but i njoyin it but better offers and i cud b off u neva no :thumbsup:

St Day no1 that is great going saving 11 pens, you also have what I reckon is a record on letting in the most outrageous goal ive ever seen one im sure you will remember.

It was at Truro's ground sunday league cup semi when the opposition kicked off and hit a shot straight away and our keeper (st day no1) came running out lept both hands in the air "keepers!!" to catch it and lept straight under the ball and it went in the back of our net. The funniest thing ive ever seen.

We took them to pens and St Day no1 came up trumps saving 2 or 3 of their pens to get us in the final. :thumbsup::clapper: :thumbsup:

thanks for reminding me and shaming me on here also. yes i do remember it and i did save two pens that day also. but that is a keepers life shit one minute and world class the next.

even gave you a goal the other day if i remember correctly, must have been your ginger hair that put me off. good luck for the rest of the season buddy congratulations on being an uncle again.

:clapper: :clapper:

I played in goal for 45 minutes in the sunday league division 1 earlier this season!

against threemilestone, and saved 2 two penalties against dean stevens!

u can tell the way a player is gunna go, by imaginein ure takin the penalty!

90% of the time this works, TRUST ME!

Roberts have you been on the crack again, if i remembered correctly (in which i do) i scored an scorcer against against you and assisted one other as i slowly ripped open your defence no matter how many times you boys took me out. If i ever miss a penalty against you that is the day i stop playing football !!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Postie Pidge

Bushy, when playing for Penryn against Perranwell (Penryn won 3-2), you gave away the first penalty and Robbie Edgson tipped one over the bar. I saved both Penryn won and I never played for them again!

• 7 months later...

jamie,ive scored 34 pens in a row now,last miss was august 2004! perhaps we could have a double or quits shoot out !!! cos i still aint paid you that £30 bet we had at work mate!!! catch up with you one day!? keep savin em mate,well done :clapper::c: :thumbsup:

lol what a great idea im well up for it!! and rappo its 40 lol!! 10er for juve then double when we beat chelsea then double when we beat ac milan. yeh the bet was 2005 lol. yeh im up for that. so whats the system 5 pens for rappo double or quits lol. dont just want 1 pen no fun is it. wud this b at st agnes ?? im not being rude or nething its just ive never been to this day or nething wb jamie chown

Great - if you can be a St Agnes AFC by 2.15pm on Sunday 18th May - the day is a one off charity day to raise money for Lowen Ward at Treliske Hospital which is where Rob Stapleton (local footballer and fireman) recently had 10 weeks of treatment for testicular cancer!

We can sort out the finer details on the day - Rappo is up for it too - its another bit to add to what will be a great day - thank you! I agree it must be at least 5 penalties as one would really be a bit of a limp effort!

Thank you!

If you need to know anymore details give me a call on either 07974 370666 or 01872 553650 - the event will go ahead in rain, snow, blizzard or if we are very lucky sunshine - I can guarantee one thing though - wind coz er always have that on top of our cliff at St Agnes - thanks for being a good sport and see you there - remember to bring your supporters and team with you - bar will be open!