Cornwall Football Forum

Post Combo Results Here Please

The following matches are due to be played tonight 4th September.

Can you post them in this thread please so I can update the website

FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES V ILLOGAN

HAYLE RESERVES V PENZANCE RESERVES

HELSTON ATHLETIC V MULLION

LUDGVAN V ST IVES TOWN

NEWQUAY RESERVES V ST JUST

PENRYN ATHLETIC RESERVES V RNAS CULDROSE

PORTHLEVEN RESERVES V PERRANPORTH

ST DAY V PERRANWELL

TRURO CITY RESERVES V ST AGNES

WENDRON CC UNITED RESERVES V HOLMAN SC

Thanks everyone and good luck to all teams. Lets hope we have some cracking games.

CTB

Hayle Reserves 5-0 Penzance Reserves

Pz held out for 62mins then

62mins 1-0

70mins 2-0

77mins 3-0

81mins 4-0

84mins 5-0

Crowd count 47

Once they scored their first we started chasing the ball leaving big holes at the back even though we had one of our strongest teams for the season playing.

6 games, 6 defeats. Does anyone know the directions to the Mining League or Falmouth/Helston League grounds? At this rate that's where we're going next season unless we have a real shake-up. Our next 3 games away Illogan, home to Falmouth and home to Truro. Can't see no points there so it could be 9 defeats on the bounce!

Guest Helston Patriot

Helston 3 v 2 Mullion

20 mins - Pullen (pen)

24 mins - Pullen shot looped over 'keeper

57 mins - Mullion scored following failure by keeper to collect ball from through ball

player went round him to collect ball and put it past defender on line

60 mins - Eddy 30 yard shot bent away from keeper into top left of net

68 mins - Mullion player received ball and hit it from almost 30yards into top right corner

Both teams played badly but Helston did just enough to win. Mostly a dismal game but Helston get the points and make it 6 out of 6 so far. Will need to play a lot better against the better teams.

Great result for the lads, well done. Messed up those predictions and all those doubters!!

Couldn't get to the game but Newquay Reserves beat St Just 3-1. Goals from Luke Whelden,Leon Holland and Rob pfieffer, not sure what order, I believe it was 1-0 at half time. St Just scored late on through Shane Richards.

A good start for the notorius slow starting newquay. With some good results to date and players still to come back. Could this be Newquays year? Watch this space. :D

Newquay Reserves 3 v St Just 1

Guest blue203

Penryn 2 Culdrose 0

Even first half Culdrose having probaly the only real chance one on one with keeper

Penryn took lead halfway through 2nd half with well taken goal, Culdrose pushed on had the ball cleared of the line a couple of times once with the hand, both teams hitting the woodwork, Penryn doubled there lead in the last 5 mins. The best team won because they took there chances.....

6 games, 6 defeats. Does anyone know the directions to the Mining League or Falmouth/Helston League grounds? At this rate that's where we're going next season unless we have a real shake-up. Our next 3 games away Illogan, home to Falmouth and home to Truro. Can't see no points there so it could be 9 defeats on the bounce!

don't give up hope ctb, im sure many of your players have been out playing cricket and believe that their season is just about to finish so you're getting them back, you were a good outfit when you played us (st.ives) and I am very surprised that you are still yet to get any points, good luck to for the rest of the season

Table as of 4/9/07. tHIRD PLACE SHARED BY eight tEAMS ! Only 4 sides dropped less than 6 pts ! Winno manager of the month for August for his efforts at Helston ? Its not like they have enjoyed an easy fixture list either.

P W D L F A GD PTS

1HELSTON ATHLETIC 6 6 0 0 26 7 19 18

2PERRANWELL 6 4 1 1 19 12 7 13

3TRURO CITY RES 6 5 1 0 25 5 20 10*

4ILLOGAN RBL 6 3 1 2 15 6 9 10

5NEWQUAY RES 5 3 1 1 10 6 4 10

6PORTHLEVEN RES 6 3 1 2 13 11 2 10

7ST IVES TOWN 6 3 1 2 11 9 2 10

8PERRANPORTH 6 3 1 2 11 11 0 10

9HAYLE RESERVES 6 3 1 2 11 13 -2 10

10ST JUST 6 3 1 2 9 11 -2 10

11HOLMAN SC 6 3 0 3 14 18 -4 9

12PENRYN RESERVES 5 2 2 1 7 4 3 8

13ST AGNES 6 2 0 4 12 13 -1 6

14FALMOUTH RES 5 2 0 3 9 10 -1 6

15LUDGVAN 5 2 0 3 6 14 -8 6

16RNAS CULDROSE 3 1 1 1 7 3 4 4

17ST DAY 6 1 0 5 2 10 -8 3

18MULLION 6 1 0 5 23 -15-12 3

19WENDRON RES 5 0 0 5 6 17 -11 0

20PENZANCE RES 6 0 0 6 3 21 -18 0

* TRURO DEDUCTED 6PTS.

should have been 5-1 half time and double by full time! perranporth were poor.

I thought we did quite well considering we had 5 players out and our keeper had a busted hand for most of the second half :D

ANOTHER RESULT FOR US AT HELSTON WITH 6 PLAYERS UNAVALIABLE:

GRAEME BLAKE INJURED

REG PEARSON, INJURED

RICHARD WILKINSON INJURED

GRAIG TAYLOR BANNED

STEVEN HAWKE WORKING

ARON COLLICK. WORKING

NOT A VERY GOOD SPECTACLE BUT 3 POINTS ARE 3 POINTS. SOMETIMES YOU HAVE GOT TO WIN UGLY THE BOYS DUG IN DEEP AND GROUND OUT THIS WIN FOR HELSTON FOOTBALL CLUB THIS SHOWING THE TOTAL COMMITMENT OF THE SQUAD.

GIVE MULLION SOME CREDIT THOUGH ALSO. THEY WORKED THERE SOCKS OFF AND PEOPLE WHOM TAKE THESE BOYS LIGHTLY COULD BE IN FOR A SHOCK. THEY ARE PRETTY WELL ORGANISED PLAY DIRECT EASY FOOTBALL AND WILL GIVE ANYONE A BATTLE AND RUN FOR THERE MONEY!!.

Falmouth Town 0-2 Illogan

Illogan's Jeb Martin with both. First was a superb strike after rounding keeper and slotting home from a very tight angle. Falmouth looked a good side one of the best weve played (did have 4 1st team in) but some good football and goal mouth action at both ends but fair result in the end I feel.

good result for us last night that makes us 6th now. just wanna say well done to my mates at helston what a start hey boys keep up the good work and winno just wanna say you've done a great job see you near the top soon :lol:

should have been 5-1 half time and double by full time! perranporth were poor.

I thought we did quite well considering we had 5 players out and our keeper had a busted hand for most of the second half :D

Why is it, when teams are on the end of a hammering, do people come on here & moan about the number of players they had missing ?

Last night we had, Gary Chambers (holiday), Craig Firth (suspended), Paddy Gardner, Ashley Stidwell, Jordan Adlard, Rob Hoare, Tom Wadsworth & Danny Williams all out injured !

Just hold your hands up & say that, on the night, we were beaten by a better team !

I had to do it the first game of the season when we were outplayed by Perranwell, its not difficult guys !!!!!

Not biased or anything but i have to agree with that.

Generally Speaking: Your team you put out on the day is the only team you have available so therefore people cant say we didnt do bad considering we had 3 or 6 players out, whats to say those players will make a difference? no one can tell really can they?

Typically, how many supporters of reserves sides like Newquay, Penzance, Falmouth have seen their manager put in a couple of first teamers for a mid-week game and they haven't made a blind bit of difference to the overall performance and you're left wondering if the manager should have left well alone and played you're normal team.

Happens at PZ all the time and we never seem to win with the first teamers in, even when the youngsters who had played their heart out for the club on the previous Saturday get pushed aside for the first teamers. Sometimes it seems unfair.

I'm not denying that the better team won on the night, I'm just saying that I thought we did well under the circumstances that's all - no need to jump down my throat lads :wacko: CTB the players we put in were from our reserves and they did a bloody fine job too! :clapper: I'll keep my mouth shut next time Kev! :(

I THINK FELLAS IF YOU READ MY POST. IT SAYS WE WON WITH 6 PLAYERS UNAVALIABLE AND FURTHER INTO THE POST IT ALSO SAYS. HOW COMMITTED OUR SQUAD IS. THIS WAS A TRIBUTE TO THE WAY THE SQUAD GROUND OUT A RESULT.

WE HAVE A SQUAD OF PLAYERS THAT ARE ALL GOOD ENOUGH TO START BUT THEY CANT ALL EVERY WEEK. YOU WIN NOTHING WITH 11 PLAYERS.

ITS A SQUAD GAME AND YOU USE WHAT YOU HAVE GOT. THATS WHAT 2ND AND 3RD TEAMS ARE FOR. ALSO FOR THE RESERVE TEAMS IN THE COMBO YOU CAN ALSO LOAD UP WHICH HELPS NO END SOMETIMES.......

Guest spurs03

I THINK FELLAS IF YOU READ MY POST. IT SAYS WE WON WITH 6 PLAYERS UNAVALIABLE AND FURTHER INTO THE POST IT ALSO SAYS. HOW COMMITTED OUR SQUAD IS. THIS WAS A TRIBUTE TO THE WAY THE SQUAD GROUND OUT A RESULT.

WE HAVE A SQUAD OF PLAYERS THAT ARE ALL GOOD ENOUGH TO START BUT THEY CANT ALL EVERY WEEK. YOU WIN NOTHING WITH 11 PLAYERS.

ITS A SQUAD GAME AND YOU USE WHAT YOU HAVE GOT. THATS WHAT 2ND AND 3RD TEAMS ARE FOR. ALSO FOR THE RESERVE TEAMS IN THE COMBO YOU CAN ALSO LOAD UP WHICH HELPS NO END SOMETIMES.......

hey winno totally agree mate,your team going great guns keep it up mate wish you all the best

We used 3 players against Penzance, i think they done the same, two played one on bench, as we had players missing for midweek game again, they fitted in well and as a team we have started better than we could have hoped, and i think thats the differance we had the confidence, and its easier for players to fit into a winning team, im sure when Penzance get a couple of wins under there belt things will improve when it was still 0-0 Jowan May nearly scored if he had they would have come out second half differant team as it was we got the goal we deserved brought on Matt Sheils and just got stronger going on to win by 5.

Like us Norman is new to Combo management, he done the same thing as us using, players available, to get points on table, it turned out better for us on the night, i think he was right and i would do it again in his position, good luck for rest of season Norman and Penzance.

i think it is relevant to this thread as you stated 5 players were reserve team and im saying they werent and its a terrible excuse as stated by numerous others. especially when those who came in were of a higher quality than those missing! i'm not that bothered at all but your immediate plead for me to PM you makes me feel very edgy! :thumbsup: