Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Results Thread -Tue 20th August 2013

Can you post your results, goal scorers and attendances on this thread please or text me on 07597907549 with any details.

Thanks

Cornwall Combination League

20th August 2013 (KO times vary)

Falmouth Town Reserves (Matt Gilbert) 1-9 St Just (Ashley Ellis 4, Darren Steadman 2, Neil Curnow, Graham Stirr, Jack Willis)

Att - 30

Goonhavern Athletic (Dan Rollerson) 1-4 Newquay Reserves (Sheridon Sefton 2, Dean Vince 2)

Att - 45

Hayle 0-3 Illogan RBL (Dan Richards, Dan Bowman, James Martin)

Att - 40

Penryn Athletic Reserves (Ryan Reeve, Tom Campbell) 2-1 Falmouth Athletic (Steve Owen)

Att - 40

Perranwell (TJ Wilson, Luke Brabyn) 2-6 St Day (Ian Hodge 4, Chris Tolley, Mikey Davies)

Att - 46

Porthleven Reserves (OG) 1-3 Mullion (Rob Carey, Sam Harry, Alan Thomas)

Att - 40

St Ives Town (Tom Morris, Joel McWilliams, OG) 3-3 Redruth United (Dan McInerney 3)

Att - 27

Troon (Joe Day) 1-2 St Agnes (Duane Britton 2)

Att - 25

Wendron United (Luke Wort 4, Justin Searle, Chris Mulroy) 6-4 Ludgvan (Gerens James 2, Dan Magee, OG)

Att - 50

POS TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS

1 ST DAY 2 2 0 0 14 2 12 6

2 ST JUST 2 2 0 0 12 1 11 6

3 PENRYN ATHLETIC RESERVES 2 2 0 0 7 1 6 6

4 ILLOGAN RBL 2 2 0 0 5 0 5 6

5 REDRUTH UNITED 2 1 1 0 5 4 1 4

6 ST IVES TOWN 2 1 1 0 5 4 1 4

7 LUDGVAN 2 1 0 1 14 7 7 3

8 NEWQUAY RESERVES 1 1 0 0 4 1 3 3

9 WENDRON UNITED 1 1 0 0 6 4 2 3

10 MULLION 2 1 0 2 3 3 0 3

11 ST AGNES 2 1 0 1 2 4 -2 3

12 RNAS CULDROSE 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

13 FALMOUTH ATHLETIC 1 0 0 1 1 2 -1 0

14 PORTHLEVEN RESERVES 1 0 0 1 1 3 -2 0

15 PERRANWELL 2 0 0 2 3 8 -5 0

16 HAYLE 2 0 0 2 0 8 -8 0

17 FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES 2 0 0 2 2 11 -9 0

18 TROON 2 0 0 2 1 10 -9 0

19 GOONHAVERN ATHLETIC 2 0 0 2 2 14 -12 0

hard fought game at hayle last night and thought hayle competed all over the park , well done alex and jamo on gettimg a team out last night as we had six not available during the day due to work injuries and holidays . the only disssapointing thing was the injury to young elliot but the news is it was ligament damage and not a break ,would like to thank the illogan pyhsio as he was brilliant on the evening and helped elliot out and calmed the situation down , typical game against illogan with lots of physical challenges and banter all over the pitch , got a bit silly after the final whistle with tempers rising but really pleased with the young players on show last night , andy howes had a hard job to see what was going on all over the park but controlled the game on what he could see and was sensible on dealing with one or two from both teams how stretched evreyones patience ,you can see why illogan are champs and they compete for every ball and shout for every descion ,but i think in my opinion we put up a better game against them than they thought and we nearly had the lead but was disallowed due to a handball on way through on goal ,so onwards to saturday when we entertain goonhavern games coming thick and fast at moment after all these weeks of ,and great work from greg on the pitch again looked fantastic any team would be pleased to play on it and thanks to bella who had to look after the bar/ kitchen with two home games last night these two are the unsung heroes of hayle afc

Hayle....lovely pasties down Philp's and I challenge anybody to eat more than two of their Elephant Feet; good homes for old folks;

picturesque views from the ground;nice friendly people in a club that ha got rid of the bandits and mercenaries; they wear green....of course they're not in a mess !

I love'em....Just win a bit more often and they could get very like St. Just.

it's sad to see hayle in this mess!!!

What "mess" would that be?

have to agree with scotty what mess????? we still have 3 mens teams at hayle and will also have several youth teams this season as well , as i have stated previously there are still several people behind the scenes trying their best for hayle afc ,perhaps short on numbers but several local clubs will have the same problem ,its these stalwarts who keep the clubs going at hayle we have john .bella and greg who all spend considerable time and effort for no thanks keeping the club afloat bob our chairman also is working behind the scenes with sponsership and sorting out problems when they arise ,also dave and roger who have spent many hours cutting hedges and tyding the surrounding areas , i do a little bit but not as much as the others mentioned and we also have kelvin shaun and chris also behind the scenes ,so perhaps not all bad ,the club owns everything which includes the clubhouse two pitches one youth pitch and the mugga , changing facilities that would compare with many clubs around west cornwall or even cornwall , so please clarify what mess? if you read todays cornishman there is a very good article put forward by paul smith on why some clubs struggle with players / teams , personally i dont always see eye to eye with paul but i thinks he puts over some very good points , we have lost a complete team of senior players so as has been stated before we have had to give youth a chance with one or two older heads , alex chris and jamo are trying their best to put out the best squad they can each week and john is also doing a great job with the reserves the 3rds teams season has not started yet but they are training hard and are ready for the challenge ahead . as all clubs we would always look for players to improve any of our sides,and the majority of the players signed on are from hayle and want to play for their local club so perhaps you can explain what is wrong ? or even you might be able to join our club and help out ,it is very easy on the outside to have a pop on a forum behind the name disco , but i dont hide behind mine stevieb as most people know me as steve bailey hayle afc .

have to agree with scotty what mess????? we still have 3 mens teams at hayle and will also have several youth teams this season as well , as i have stated previously there are still several people behind the scenes trying their best for hayle afc ,perhaps short on numbers but several local clubs will have the same problem ,its these stalwarts who keep the clubs going at hayle we have john .bella and greg who all spend considerable time and effort for no thanks keeping the club afloat bob our chairman also is working behind the scenes with sponsership and sorting out problems when they arise ,also dave and roger who have spent many hours cutting hedges and tyding the surrounding areas , i do a little bit but not as much as the others mentioned and we also have kelvin shaun and chris also behind the scenes ,so perhaps not all bad ,the club owns everything which includes the clubhouse two pitches one youth pitch and the mugga , changing facilities that would compare with many clubs around west cornwall or even cornwall , so please clarify what mess? if you read todays cornishman there is a very good article put forward by paul smith on why some clubs struggle with players / teams , personally i dont always see eye to eye with paul but i thinks he puts over some very good points , we have lost a complete team of senior players so as has been stated before we have had to give youth a chance with one or two older heads , alex chris and jamo are trying their best to put out the best squad they can each week and john is also doing a great job with the reserves the 3rds teams season has not started yet but they are training hard and are ready for the challenge ahead . as all clubs we would always look for players to improve any of our sides,and the majority of the players signed on are from hayle and want to play for their local club so perhaps you can explain what is wrong ? or even you might be able to join our club and help out ,it is very easy on the outside to have a pop on a forum behind the name disco , but i dont hide behind mine stevieb as most people know me as steve bailey hayle afc .

keep up the good work stevie, wish all you guys the best of luck this season.

Have to say I thought hayle were great against us tues night, young team with plenty of fight, nice to see youngsters stepping up and digging in for their club and keeping the combo team going. Also not sure who was running the team but nice guys and a credit to hayle as was the lady behind the bar who was busy all evening and thank you for letting me use the kitchen to top up the water bottles! Keep it up guys