Cornwall Football Forum

newquay v st just

Guest calcox

i think you will find st just did have flood lights just not good enougth for a game to be played under but we did use to train under them, just like penzance,lol, :D

sorry cornish teddyboy not slating the combo side at all, as you may be aware i used to play for them and still do follow them. i was just jokeing about the previous lights that we just use for training only. as for marazion i played alot of games under the lights there both for st just and penwith college and it was a great place to play, its a shame clubs like marazion and pendeen no longer exist at senior level. i know theres not enought players to go around in a small catchment area, but only 10-15 years both those sides had decent senior sides, and the standard of combo was alot better then.

Back to the original question, It was scheduled for 7.30 kick off but at the request of St Just, kick off has been brought forward to 7pm !!!

Unless the St Just side are all on the dole or self employed, I would have thourght a late kick off would have been preferencial...or perhaps they do not like to play under lights...or perhaps they want to be home a little earlier with a long drive awaiting them after the game ?

Im scratching my head but nevertheless looking forward to our game...I am certain St Just will be very strong.

I'm sure we'll be bringing a strong side jollyman, but we've got 5 suspensions this week... Myself, Neil C, Andrew C, Matt Harris and Tom Dann. This would have been a travesty last season but we've got a much stronger squad in depth this term. Not sure why we wanted an earlier kick off time as we have no unemployed, although most of the players are tradesman so shouldn't have much of a problem getting away early. :clapper: