Cornwall Football Forum

F A Cup Prelim.Rd.attendances

Barnstaple Town 0 Truro City 6 att.383

Bodmin Town 4 Ifracombe Town 0 No att.submitted as yet. (97. 12/09/07)

Saltash United 2 Taunton Town 3 att 145

Sherborne 3 liskeard Athletic 2 att.105

Paulton Rovers 1 St.Blazey 1 att 136

But the biggest of the day and probably the record attendance for a Preliminary Round tie was

Trafford FC 2 v FC United of M. 5, att.2238 played at Altrincham FC

Because of the 2000+ league gates for FC UM they play their Northern Premier Div 1 North(leve4), League games at Gigg Lane(Bury FC)

Just read on Tony Kempsters Site that in season 2004/05 in the FA Cup Prelim.round a gate of 2696 was recorded for the AFC Wimbledon v Ashford Town.

Dan, you wont have to wait long as October 6th.F.A.Trophy Bradford Park Avenue v FC United - will your ground cope with a 2000+ gate? should be a day to remember

Mike,

the Horsfall Stadium was refurbished over close-season (including 1,300 seats taken from Lords cricket ground I believe), and most people now think we have the best facilities in the league (Unibond div 1 North), apart from FC United themselves who play at Bury FC. I'm coming on holiday to Cornwall (sounds weird that!) from Sept 30th - Oct 6th, so hoping I can get back up in time for the FC game!

I know a lot of the supporters have been recruited to be stewards for FC's visit. We should handle up to 2,500 without any major fuss. Beyond that could get interesting!

Follow this link for pictures of the ground when Avenue played Bristol City in the first round proper of the FA Cup in 2003.

http://www.pyramidpassion.co.uk/html/snaps...park_avenu.html

Incidentally, Avenue are now through to the second qualifying round of the FA Cup following their win over Ossett Albion on Saturday. They get a bye in the first qualifying round due to Scarborough's demise.

All the best,

DanBlazeyAvenue