Cornwall Football Forum

ST BLAZEY V PAULTON ROVERS

Guest Peppermint

Knowing Philpy and Lafs I am sure they will not let the players become complacent!

They seemed to be doing an excellent job for your club and they are both so enthusiastic that I am sure St Blazey will have a successful season.

Guest ggr_garth

I would like to add my thanks to the club for allowing me to enjoy a great day out with the team on Saturday, a well deserved draw, which could have easily been a win for the Green and Blacks.

I am sure Dave and Philp will have their troops right up for it on Wednesday night, see you all there.

I was one of the Assistants up at Bridgewater on Saturday when they played Minehead in the FA Cup,and in my opinion having been an Assistant at quite a few of St Blazeys games if you get through on Wed night i reckon you will beat Bridgewater. ;0) :c:

A complete bloody farce and a good evenings entertainment ruined by the man in black. St Blazey started slowly and gave away a stone wall penalty. Paulton score to make it 0-1. Mid way through the first half, Matt Parsons receives a two footed lunge. Feet tangle and the Ref who was in love with his whistle speaks to the linesman. Straight Red for Matt. Nothing for the two footed lunge. Within minutes Lee Whetters is shown another yellow for what I can only imagine was for something said. Down to 9 players. While the 2nd red was being dished out Bradly Ralph was stretched off. Ligament damage I believe. So Match over as a contest and we arnt even near half time!!! Paulton should have scored a hat full but poor finishing and St Blazeys never say die attitude kept the score down to 3-0. What should have been a really good cup match, was in the end, utter tosh!!

Guest Peppermint

A great pity that a Cornish side has gone out and also the circumstances. A question for Paul was the referee from Devon by any chance because having had bitter experiences of Devon officials at Newquay, in the past, at FA Cup and Vase matches it would be interesting to know. Never seemed to get any favours from them.

I hope Bradley is not too badly injured and will be back playing sooner then later.

He reff'd the FA Cup Falmouth Town v Frome Town (earlier round), 5 bookings, two penalties one for the visitors in the dying minutes.

There was no big time drama as I can recall ,just head down disappointment, but I feel for St.Blazey being down to nine so early in the tie.

Playng so much time with the game probably decided didnt help the situation with an expectant crowd venting their anger at the men who made the decisions.(i was not at Blaise park by the way).

Wish Bradley a speedy recovery and is not too badly injured.

Brett Huxtable was the referee I watched last season and remember his name because he was so bad. :rolleyes: Liskeard v Launceston was the game I saw him `officiate` (if that was what he could call it, where he booked 8 or 9, sent off John James for trying to stop the ball after one of his players had kicked it away from yet another free kick given for a crazy decision and Alan Evans , the then Liskeard manager, was sent out of the dug out, allegedly for saying something. Not a bad fould in the game either! :o On that day, he was ably supported by the Ref who writes for the Indy who made more mistakes than a 2 year old doing A Level Maths. Brett Huxtable, who won Referee of the Year in Devon last year. Could it mean that we are getting it wrong - somehow I doubt it! :yahoo: