Cornwall Football Forum

definition

Guest meatloaf

Guest meatloaf

my point is that unless someone stops players , managers,even club secretaries calling club officals CHEATS

the game is not going to progress. the point i am making that these people are VOLUNTEERS and not people to insult!!!!!!!!

I get called a cheat everytime i run the line "against" a certain club. I try and be as fair as i can but like most people i do make mistakes. I personally think linesmen/women get called a cheat when the offenders team are losing :) Be nice if managers, specators or officals of these clubs could have a little respect for lineos. You never see them get off thier fat arses and do the line so don't take it to heart, ignore them or if it gets too much call the ref over.

To act dishonestly; practice fraud.

To violate rules deliberately, as in a game: was accused of cheating at cards.

one of those probably!!

hay local boy,the ref was very tolerent towards your management team.they called him a fagot right to his face about 3 times,i dont know how making a bad decision makes him a fagot.and well done we got out of jail to get a point,and if not for a laughable offside decision might have nicked 3 points,good luke for the rest of the season :drink:

You seem to miss the way that a few of your players spoke to the ref to his face, not shouting at him across the pitch truro's mr m!!

I thought it was a great game to play in and before the game we would have happily settled for a point but in the circumstances we felt disappointed!

Good luck for the rest of the season!

I watched the game from the new seating arrangement at Treyew Road on Saturday and witnessed first hand one of the St.Ives bench shout "Faggot" at the top of his voice directly at the ref. I should have been shocked but after witnessing their behaviour in a pre-season game at Penryn, sadly, I half expected it.

I had a lengthy chat to a mate of mine from StIves in the bar afterwards and he was similarly unimpressed.

Clean up your act fellas. If you want respect from fellow players and officials then earn it like everyone else, otherwise find some other sport to ruin.

If this post makes me a faggot.....then I'm a faggot!

And I'm an angry and disappointed one too!

I don't have a team, I was there watching potential county youth players so I have no axe to grind with anyone.

My job is in football development and if that's what the St.Ives youth have to aspire to then the future looks grim! What kind of message gets sent out when your bench calls the ref a faggot, tell me local boy, is that okay with you?

I'm not suggesting nobody else does it, but I watched it happen and sadly the ref didn't help himself nor the game in general by completely ignoring it.

Guest Urban Spaceman

definition of white tiger

= White tigers are individual specimens of the ordinary orange tiger (Panthera tigris), with a genetic condition that causes paler colouration of the normally orange fur (they still have black stripes). The condition is well-documented in the Bengal tiger subspecies (Panthera tigris tigris or P. t. bengalensis), may also have occurred in captive Siberian tigers (Panthera tigris altaica), and has been reported historically in several other subspecies. White pelage is most closely associated with the Bengal, or Indian subspecies. Tigers in India are recognized as a single subspecies, but within India, and throughout the tiger's geographic range they tend to be smaller, darker, and more densely striped the further south they are found, the Sumatran and now extinct Javan and Bali races being the smallest. The Bengal tiger is the definitive tiger-the species type. For many years it was the kind most commonly seen in the West. It was the standard issue zoo and circus tiger, and it was the Bengal tiger which conformed most fully to the image of a tiger in the Western psyche. The Bengal tiger used to be known as the "Royal Bengal tiger", after it was hunted by the Duke of Windsor when he was Prince of Wales. Siegfried and Roy sometimes refer to their white tigers as "royal white tigers", possibly because of the white tiger's association with the Maharaja of Rewa. The French language version of the white tiger Wikipedia is titled "Tigre blanc royal" or "Royal white tiger." The white individuals do not constitute a separate subspecies on their own. They have pink noses, white to cream-coloured fur, and black, grey or chocolate-coloured stripes, grey mottled skin, and ice blue eyes. White tigers are born larger, and grow faster, attaining larger adult sizes than orange tigers. This may have given them an advantage in the wild. White gene carriers, or heterozygotes, are intermediate in size. K.S. Sankhala, who was director of the New Delhi Zoo in the 1960s, and the first director of Project Tiger, said that one of the functions of the white gene may have been to keep a size gene in the population, in case it was ever needed. As director of the New Delhi Zoo K.S. Sankhala was an accomplished breeder of white tigers. In the wild white tigers bred white for generations. It is a myth that white tigers did not thrive in the wild and India once planned to reintroduce them. The plan was to create a special reserve for white tigers near Rewa.

The condition occurs when inbreeding — usually between parents and cubs — produces offspring with two copies of a recessive gene. This is rare in nature, but with their unusual colouration, white tigers have become popular in zoos and entertainment that showcases exotic animals. For example, the magicians Siegfried and Roy are famous for having used trained white tigers in their performances. However, inbreeding often also leads to birth defects[1], which makes breeding for white colour somewhat controversial. Although it is actually possible to create white tigers without inbreeding, such cases are exceedingly rare

Tommy, I don't agree with it!!

A couple of weeks ago I was playing against Helston and was trying to get them to shut up, I was on the left wing and said this to the helston bench, they were also hurling abuse at the ref, when I said look were all just here to play football lets get off the refs back I had a stupid amount of abuse, I just want to play football on a saturday and many will tell you I used to be one of the worst for backchat, now I just get on with it.

I'm pleased to hear it Local Boy, you see, all of us expect all refs to be qualified, don't we. Yet how many managers , coaches, etc have a single decent qualification to their name, yet still moan at somebody who has?

I referee school matches from year 7 to sixth form, and it's a damn sight harder when you have to make that decision than when you're on the touchline.

I am not in anyway saying that giving refs etc abuse is fine.. as even the supports do it not alone the players which will make it even harder to control however do you not select players on talent and not the words that come out of their mouths??

I mean lets say Wayne Rooney is old enough to play county youth are we saying he wouldnt be selected due to the aggression-temperment he has & abuse he gives to refs even though i expect hardly anyone would disagree he is one of the most talented players around.

Is it not a catch 22 situation?? I am not after a arguement I am just enquring as this must be tough do you select someone on talent or do you leave them behind worried that he would give the county a bad name??

That's a great question!

You mention Wayne Rooney and when you play at that level what is said and done seems to be more acceptable than at a local level, whether that's right or wrong is another debate.

I say to all my players that abuse to the officials is not acceptable, I don't expect them to be saints but the whole team can be penalised for one player's indiscretion. We know at county level that officials are much tighter than at a local level, I tell them that it's like playing in the premiership each week then going into Europe to play. We all know there's a difference.

I haven't had a problem yet, perhaps it's because we try to set a good example from the touchline ourselves. We saw numerous instances of players and managers losing the plot last year but thankfully kept our composure, sometimes in the face of exacting circumstances and all the players should be commended for that.

If a player couldn't stop having a go at the officials then we would work hard with that player to correct the problem, basically try to channel the aggression into a more profitable conclusion. Ultimately though, non-selection would be the final option fot the sake of the team and the good name of the County Youth Team.

If you ask any of the players that have played for us in the past few years I think they'll all back the philosophy that exists and through that we've had fantastic players with great ability who are moving on to better things all the time.

Guest BenTimmo

most good refs would surely just over rule biased linesman and lets be honest here there are a few .

True, but you got to remember that unless the referee is level with the linesman, its very tough to overrule them. The reason for there being a linesman is because the referee can't be everywhere, so while this would be nice, most offsides occur off fast breaks, and usually this means the referee has little chance of being in a decent position to judge. The only time last year that I overruled an offside, I ended up having rocks thrown at me after the game. Didn't really make me want to do it again!