Cornwall Football Forum

I beleive that the ref was called to another match, but I'm not 100% sure. I'm happy though, as I'm still working away, so our first match against Stithians on Wednesday I will be back for!! and looking forward to it to, with a renewed vigour!!

And I have made a vow to myself, that I'm going to shake hands with the ref before and after every match! even the ones I don't like, and they know who they are!!

i think that was reference to me!

i was just being honest! went all last season and had no issues with refs just the fact that the guy in the middle was farcical! i'm just being honest thats all! maybe things need to be speeded up with officials who ar registered so they can do what they are qualified for!

you dont mind if a ref has a bad game as players do as well! but when you make decisions for one thing and then not for another thats why people get annoyed! consistency is all people want!

in my opinion the guy in the middle for our game today was more worried about having a laff in the middle than actually applying the the laws of the game how they should be!

There is just a shortage of Refs this season as most seasons gone by,yes we Refs do make mistakes but so do players and managers. We take a lot of stick but when you are in the position we are in you cant please everyone all the time.So hopefully as the season unfolds maybe it will sort itself out.

I try to Ref with a sense of humour,why do you think we wear all black on scorching hot days? ;0) :drink:

They can't be that short as i'm "free" to ref every sunday and i've only ever been given 1 or 2 games and i'm in my 2nd season now. I dread having to ref one of your games cat if you think that refs shouldn't have a laugh, its funny as hell some of the things players appeal for :lol: :drink:

didnt say i didnt like a laff but when your truning your back on the ball to do so thats not what you should be doing! just found a lot of decisions in our game to be what i would call entertaining thats all! and you can understand a mistake or two but there were 4 penalties in our game and 3 of them were just a joke! 2 for the opposition and also our one! by the way also got a booking for agreeing with the refs decision! said it was dissent aparently and that i was taking the P*%S out of him but all through the game he had been telling everyone to watch their language!! i will let u work that out coz i was unable to and still cant now!

constantine vs mawgan last night had a ref and he was superb he was talking to the players throughout the game and was strict when he had to be.

i think we are quick to slag off a ref when he is poor but not quick enough to praise them when he has had a good game

im not sure of the refs name last night but he always gives us a speech about him not being superman before the game.

IN RESPONSE TO "AH RECKON SO" ABOVE.

I WOULD HAVE LOVED TO HAVE WALKED INTO A CHANGING ROOM AND STATED THAT I WAS NOT SUPERMAN BUT, ALAS, THIS WOULD NOT BE POSSIBLE AS I RAN THE EDINBURGH MARATHON THIS YEAR IN A SUPERHERO OUTFIT.

GUESS WHICH ONE ?

RAISED A FEW QUID FOR ST STEPHENS SPECIAL NEEDS UNIT.