Cornwall Football Forum

Falmouth-Helston League Results

Guest Postie Pidge

Guest Postie Pidge

Frogpool/Cusgarne 1 - 5 St Day (H/T 0-2)

Referee: Kingsley Deeble

Frogpool gifted St Day, boosted by a few second teamers two first half goals through not poor marking, no marking!

Mike Cudlipp scored a good goal on his debut for the Frogs whose keeper was booked for the first time in his career. Thankfully for us Cury are keeping the bottom spot warm. :clapper:

And with no appointed referee for Saturday, we might have to wait until Tuesday to try and put this right.

Any referee's free this Saturday?

Guest BenTimmo

Helston III (2 - 3) Rosudgeon Res

Helston dominated the game for long periods of the match, but poor finishing and a series of penalty claims that weren't given left Rosudgeon to take the lead after a mix up in the Helston defence. Helston had a few decent chances on goal with Twiggy blazing one over the bar from a couple of yards out, young Callum Timpson hitting a right footer straight at the keeper, and Jim Eddy chipping a few speculatively at goal. After knocking another in that was called offside, Rosudgeon then managed to double their lead shortly before half time, leaving Helston wondering whether the ball was ever going to bounce right for them.

The second half started more brightly for Rosudgeon, and they converted a third chance early in the half, giving them a commanding three goal lead. A soft penalty was then awarded to Helston, with the referee possibly looking to make up for his early decisions, including a free kick which he admitted was a mistake after it had been taken. The penalty was duly scored, and Helston started to press again, feeling they had a chance. A second was picked up after a mix up in the Rosudgeon defence led to a defender glancing the ball past his own keeper. Unfortunately a lack of quality finishing cost Helston the game, and this was the case for the rest of the match.

A good game played in fine spirit by both teams. :D

dont think u had ur glasses on! was only there for 5 as just finished work! i had hoped to get the second half but was stuck with a customer at work so rocked up about 8.20!! hope u all had a good game and i think one second teamer was a striker filling in between the sticks!! not in urs or my league however!!

Pidgeon I want to see the video re-play of that incident. It was the worst foul by a keeper I have ever seen! The poor forward nearly broke his legs and was denied an open goal! Just goes to show the need for a 4th official with camera access! Ha Ha Ha.

Guest Garry Kay

Just for the record.

St Day only had one div1 player from the start ... a striker and he played in goal.

Justin James only had 20 minutes.

There was also the 43-year-old reserve manager, but you can't count him.

I think it was 6-1 as well.

Lovely food.

Falmouth Ath res 8 Carharrack 1 match abandoned after 75mins as a Carharrack player was badly injured not enough light to continue after he was taken to hospital. match was played in good spirits by both sides. very unfortunate injury and all at Athletic hope the player has a speedy recovery!